Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

All of that money Kushner and co stole. It looks like they may not have broken any laws. They definitely stole it though by the sound of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

All of that money Kushner and co stole. It looks like they may not have broken any laws. They definitely stole it though by the sound of it[/quote]

It’ll be interesting to see what the final figure for job created under Trump is.

Obama increased job by just under 8% in his second term, can’t imagine Trump will match that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Cool, so I've cited articles from 2016 where eligible voters are used for that percentile. I'm pretty confident that it's been used plenty for decades. It's important from the perspective of you're seeing what percentile of eligible voters are engaged. While 80% of registered voters voting sounds great for example, it fails to represent the reality that a huge proportion of voters haven't engaged with the process.

So the percentile acts as a more accurate representation of the reality. So I wouldn't say it's moronic at all.

not forgetting that every western country that I can think of also quote voter turnout figures as a percentage of eligible voters. Plus, if we go back and read what CS2 said he is clearly wrong

He quotes a turnout figure based on eligible voters and uses it as if it was based on registered voters. It is no wonder his maths doesnt work.

Washington Post and others since this election ended revealed two-thirds of registered voters cast a ballot during this election. Since there are only 212 million registered voters in America 2020, we reading that to about 140 million votes to be shared between them

Must be registered to cast a legitimate mail in ballot/absentee ballot. Prove your existence at the counting/poll station. There be others permitted to vote but if they’re not registered, there’re not eligible.

Since Trump got 74 million recorded votes in 2020, Biden share should be 66 million votes? Somehow 14 million non registered voters got added to his vote tally? Does not make sense unless they're dirty tricks at play.

How does that make a man who helped pass a bill that targeted African Americans not racist?

Going by the post history of most trump supporters on here, that would be something that they would more be happy with, but for some reason are now clutching their pearls about.

not forgetting that every western country that I can think of also quote voter turnout figures as a percentage of eligible voters. Plus, if we go back and read what CS2 said he is clearly wrong

He quotes a turnout figure based on eligible voters and uses it as if it was based on registered voters. It is no wonder his maths doesnt work.

Eligible voters makes more sense when you think about it. If you've got some fake society where there are ten thousand eligible voters and one thousand voters are registered. A thousand voters voting does not equal a hundred percent engagement, the eligible percentile is far more important.

Sorry, nerd tangent...

• Advertisement

Smee_Again wrote: »
    It’ll be interesting to see what the final figure for job created under Trump is.

Obama increased job by just under 8% in his second term, can’t imagine Trump will match that.

Are you going to include the pandemic time in that figure?
    Doesn't really seem like a fair comparison?

If so it would be in the minus surely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Going by the post history of most trump supporters on here, that would be something that they would more be happy with, but for some reason are now clutching their pearls about.

I find posters who go through other posters post history, are the ones clutching their pearls and pretty sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I find posters who go through other posters post history, are the ones clutching their pearls and pretty sad.

Some people are able to remember posters and the general tone they use and contributions they make on similar topics without having to go and research specifically every time they see a posters name.

Don't have to go through their post history, they make sure to be giving their opinions in most threads on specific subjects, like an empty can rattling.

It probably will be a negative but so what? He’s the president, the buck stops with him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/398887965302091776

If it is a negative figure he’ll be the first president since Herbert Hoover to leave office with less people employed than when he entered office.

Hoover was also a 1 term Republican president, even Jimmy Carter, a single term Democratic president, had nearly 13% job growth over his 4 years.

• Advertisement

Smee_Again wrote: »
    It probably will be a negative but so what? He’s the president, the buck stops with him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/398887965302091776

If it is a negative figure he’ll be the first president since Herbert Hoover to leave office with less people employed than when he entered office.

Hoover was also a 1 term Republican president, even Jimmy Carter, a single term Democratic president, had nearly 13% job growth over his 4 years.

Wouldn't every single country on the planet be the same this year though?

You seem reasonable and logical in fairness so I think you can see my point.

But sure it's up to yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Math fine, i just thought a respected newspaper had more commonsense. For the paper, they seem to have diifferent take on the turnout 'agreed' and there calculation is based on voter population.

Reality is.
    Voter registration certification/ status in an election is what matters. You don’t seem to get this point?.. Media calculating turn out based on eligible/ voting population that’s very silly way to calculate the presidental vote in 2020. I just dreamed Washington post had better filters to rout out garbage and was wrong. It very inaccurate picture when 54 million registered citizens never voted at all for Biden or Trump in 2020. They stayed away, still enough citizens registered, for Biden to increase his vote compared to Hilary in 2016.

66 percent cast ballot turnout-shared between the two men, based off the 212 million number make more sense. You disagree that's fine.

Math fine, i just thought a respected newspaper had more commonsense. For the paper, they seem to have diifferent take on the turnout 'agreed' and there calculation is based on voter population.

Reality is.
    Voter registration certification/ status in an election is what matters. You don’t seem to get this point?.. Media calculating turn out based on eligible/ voting population that’s very silly way to calculate the presidental vote in 2020. I just dreamed Washington post had better filters to rout out garbage and was wrong. It very inaccurate picture when 54 million registered citizens never voted at all for Biden or Trump in 2020. They stayed away, still enough citizens registered, for Biden to increase his vote compared to Hilary in 2016.

66 percent cast ballot turnout-shared between the two men, based off the 212 million number make more sense. You disagree that's fine.

Any reason why you're ignoring my posts? You're basically disputing what the stats are based on. Your conspiracy is debunked...

Wouldn't every single country on the planet be the same this year though?

You seem reasonable and logical in fairness so I think you can see my point.

But sure it's up to yourself

I can see your point, but I don’t think it matters. Trump’s handling of the pandemic is directly responsible for a large proportion increase in US unemployment.

Also Trump is the person claiming to have built the greatest economy the world has ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

The salty over-reach of the trumpanzees is beautiful to behold, I haven't seen this many straws been grasped since the Berlin bunker in April 1945.

Any reason why you're ignoring my posts? You're basically disputing what the stats are based on. Your conspiracy is debunked...

I don’t ignore, have not got time to reply to every poster here. I do see completely what there doing here. Read again- mod Overheal post, the Eligible/voter population total, it’s far higher than 212 million.

They're measuring and then subtracting, the Biden votes, based on estimates around voter eligible population!

Biden got 80 million plus votes. His vote would not make sense if they had subtracted it from registered voter numbers! Registered voters in 2020 is 212 million.

Two- thirds ballots cast of 212 million gives Biden only 66 legitimate million votes. Since Trump got 72 million. 14 million votes got added to total came from another source.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I don’t ignore, have not got time to reply to every poster here. I do see completely what there doing here. Read again- mod Overheal post, the Eligible/voter population total, it’s far higher than 212 million.

They're measuring and then subtracting, the Biden votes, based on estimates around voter eligible population!

Biden got 80 million plus votes. His vote would not make sense if they had subtracted it from registered voter numbers! Registered voters in 2020 is 212 million.

Two- thirds ballots cast of 212 million gives Biden only 66 legitimate million votes. Since Trump got 72 million. 14 million votes got added to total came from another source.

Have you considered that trump actually received millions less votes, and the GOP used their control of state's legislature to inflate their numbers? it makes more sense given what the polling numbers from every outlet (right or left leaning) looked like before the election, but maybe they underestimated the amount of poll stuffing they needed to do to make donny win.

(you know, if we're going down that rabbit hole).

I am fascinated how someone can so completely misunderstand published numbers and then fashion part of a conspiracy theory out of it :)

astrofool wrote: »
    Have you considered that trump actually received millions less votes, and the GOP used their control of state's legislature to inflate their numbers? it makes more sense given what the polling numbers from every outlet (right or left leaning) looked like before the election, but maybe they underestimated the amount of poll stuffing they needed to do to make donny win.

(you know, if we're going down that rabbit hole).

I am fascinated how someone can so completely misunderstand published numbers and then fashion part of a conspiracy theory out of it :)

If the established evidence Trump side tampered with the election i support that. The democrats are not considering this right now. Biden won, why would they? I have legitimate issue when i see state election officials in Arizona refusing legal subpoenas to examine and audit the dominion machines in that state. If you got nothing to hide why would refuse the audit?. Do a full audit with observers from both sides watching it, not that difficult. The way this is handled by state officials, people have doubts now the election was secure and safe.

You don't understand the published numbers are estimates based on voter population. It not an accurate picture of who voted. You can not vote, you must be registered, so the estimates calculation make no sense. It's a theory that this amount of people may have shown up to vote, its silly way to view Biden vote.

If the established evidence Trump side tampered with the election i support that. The democrats are not considering this right now. Biden won, why would they? I have legitimate issue when i see state election officials in Arizona refusing legal subpoenas to examine and audit the dominion machines in that state. If you got nothing to hide why would refuse the audit?. Do a full audit with observers from both sides watching it, not that difficult. The way this is handled by state officials, people have doubts now the election was secure and safe.

You don't understand the published numbers are estimates based on voter population. It not an accurate picture of who voted. You can not vote, you must be registered, so the estimates calculation make no sense. It's a theory that this amount of people may have shown up to vote, its silly way to view Biden vote.

There was a count done with observers from both sides watching and look at how that has been treated?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sickening to watch these crazed Republicans. This woman, Kelli Ward, is calling for Trump to 'cross the Rubicon'. Like, really? If that isn't treason/ insurrection, what is? Trouble is they want that fight?

https://twitter.com/UrbanAchievr/status/1340629801858678784?s=20

Mike Flynn is the most odious individual. Literally a criminal, cheering this woman on.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Sickening to watch these crazed Republicans. This woman, Kelli Ward, is calling for Trump to 'cross the Rubicon'. Like, really? If that isn't treason/ insurrection, what is? Trouble is they want that fight?

Mike Flynn is the most odious individual. Literally a criminal, cheering this woman on.

I loved it when my Mother used to crumb the Christmas Ham, what has Kelli against Americans doing that this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

212 Million registered voting citizens in 2020.

The estimate turn out is 158 million people- 2020- with 54 million who chose to still not vote in 2020

Why would anyone decide to use an eligible vote report to calculate numbers? Make no sense? You have 54 million registered citizens who are eligible to vote.

I don’t know if democrats are doing this to hide their math problem, but make more sense to take 66 percent turn out from the 212 million registered voters.

If you had a place, with 1000 adults, with 100 registered and 50 of those adults voted, would you call that a 50% turnout?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

You must have voter registration status in an election. If that's how they calculated their complete morons. I thought they had more sense the Washington Post and presumed they looked at the turn out numbers logically.

Eligible are not registered voters, you know this, or maybe not?

If you are going to call them morons, learn they, they're, their, there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1340847799638892544?s=19

Nothing to see here folks.

Just trump inviting back and listening to a crackpot proposing that they size the election machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

All of that money Kushner and co stole. It looks like they may not have broken any laws. They definitely stole it though by the sound of it

Even if it was they’d only face start charges..

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Why are we excluding the banking crisis?

The electorate was 239million. This is yet more lying conspiratorial BS

J Mysterio wrote: »

Do they understand the crossing the Rubicon destroyed the republic?

Overheal wrote: »
    Why are we excluding the banking crisis?

Exactly. All presidents face a crisis of some description, we don’t put an asterisk beside Obama because of the banking crisis, or Bush because of 9/11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Ah, so you're following the GOP narrative hook, line and sinker then. Open your eyes man, who has most to lose in the election? (trump) and think what he would do and say to try and keep power. You're very easily led unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement