Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bewareofthedog

On May 31, he wrote in a statement on Medium that protesting police brutality is “right and necessary” and “an utterly American response."

“But burning down communities and needless destruction is not,” Biden wrote. “Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.”

Joe Biden

Nobody in power at the time said anything, it's different for Biden, he was in a unique position and being put under pressure on a hot topic because he's running for President.

The truth is that mob violence was actually ignored and in some cases encouraged by Democrat Mayors refusing to arrest culprits and in many cases telling police to stand down.

Do I think it had an influence on what happened in the capitol? Probably not, I wrote this on this forum back in November. What I do think is that people should be more honest and drop the holier than thou act.
    It's one thing Trump mounting a legal challenge to try and save face or make a few quid because he's never going to get enough corruption to over turn the states he lost, but it's another thing going around hosting rallies firing up half the Country telling angry supporters of his that the Presidential election was rigged. It is extremely reckless and dangerous behaviour on Trumps part, by the far the worst thing he could possibly do in his position.

If there is violence to follow he will be 100% responsible for that, and the sickening thing is that he just doesn't seem to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

But hold on. What happened was a disgrace and should never have been allowed to happen. I already said that the blame lies firmly at the feet of Trump and his enablers.

The mob should not be held up on some pedestal in that they had some grand noble quest at heart. No they did not. They were/are a rabble of nutjobs encouraged by an utter disgrace of a human being.

Just because I have downgraded the mob to common hooligans does not mean I am defending anyone- far from it. To suggest that they were attempting coup is giving far too much credit to their intelligence. By all means charge and prosecute them for treason. Please do.

If you took the trouble to check my posts first you will see that I have already said this multiple times. Lads are putting 2 + 2 together and arriving at 350.

You’re being an apologist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Kellyanne Conway is on Bill Maher tonight on HBO I see.

Another one looking to clear her conscience no doubt. Bit late!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Trump got 46.8% of the vote. That's not far short of half of America voting for him. Are they all nuts?

Hitler got 37% in July 1932 and 43% in 1933.

Were they all nuts?

Some were.
    Some were mentally wounded by Germany's military and economic collapse. Compare the people wounded by rusting industry in Detroit and elsewhere and by imagined threats to their pockets by Obamacare (a fear fuelled by cynical opportunists) and the like, and nutters who believe that Satan is on the march.
    Others were not. Compare the German industrialists, junkers etc who didn't want to pick up the tab for Germany's woes, to the American billionaires who want to put a brake on enviromental action and social reform. They were not nuts. In each case the masters of exploitation thought they could control the Frankenstein they unleashed. Having control of much of the media, they were able to lead the sheep to the slaughter.
    Nothing new in USA. In the 1930s similar interests worked hand in glove with the local military and elites to stage coups d'etat in various Latin American countries in the wake of world recession. There was something in that for everybody. The miltary got political power. The filthy-rish conquistadoes got to keep their ill-gotten gains. American corporations got a free hand to economically exploit those countries.
    This was repeated later, in Guatemala 1954 and Brazil 1964. The Spanish Conquistadores' practice was to first send in the missionaries to soften the populace spiritually and psychologically, followed by the military. For Brazil 1964 the USA first sent in that egotistical idiot Patrick Peyton to tell the folks that God didn't like "communism" i.e. social justice. Of course, the American right are less prone to use Catholic propagandists these days. After all, they might stray into the sermon on the mount ('blessed are the poor.") The fundamentalst tv evangelists are much more effective ("greed is good.")
    It shouldn't surprise anyone that oil corporations and the like would pay millions to get a minority of scientists to lie about the environment. Philip Morris and others did similarly in the 1950s regarding the link between tobacco and cancer,
    Oh, and remember that in the 1920s Germany had the most educated population in the world. Compare and contrast with Mississippi (compulsory elementary education introduced 1918, education of African Americans illegal until the 1890s.)
    And don't think that the Chinese invented brainwashing. They didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bewareofthedog

magma69 wrote: »
    This will be ignored.

As I said for the second time now, nobody in power holding office condemned the violence, and those are the people that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Leroy42 wrote: »
    because to believe that it was nothing more than a loose mob is to deny what Trump had been fomenting for the previous two months.

This was just something that sort of grew organically and ended up as a storming, that was the entire point of the rally. They were going to march on the Capital. Trump has not come out and said he never wanted that to happen, only that he wished the violence hadn't happened.

If his call to the Georgia Governor had worked, on other states as well, then he wouldn't have needed the rally or the march, he would have overturned the election results. But as more and more avenues were closed off, he was forced to call his 'army' to try to force GOP congress members to overturn the democratic result.

That they failed is, well its not an excuse but it is perfectly in line with everything else Trump does.

Is it only an insurrection if it is successful? How many people do you think creates an iinsurrection? What would the outcome have been had they managed to get to Pence or other members?

But I am not doing that at all. Downgrading them as loose mob does not mean I am trying to deflect from Trump. I know full well what he has been doing and it is 100% down to Trump undermining the election for the past 2 months. I have said this repeatedly.

They didnt get a hold of Pence or Pelosi. They made no attempt to do so. When they were in the building they were clueless. They wandered around and then literally walked back out the door. End of.

Looks like for all their planning they didnt have too much to their plan afterall. So much for the grand coup.

They were there to cause a disruption and make some noise but by all means charge them with everything. Please do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Nobody in power at the time said anything, it's different for Biden, he was in a unique position and being put under pressure on a hot topic because he's running for President.

The truth is that mob violence was actually ignored and in some cases encouraged by Democrat Mayors refusing to arrest culprits and in many cases telling police to stand down.

Do I think it had an influence on what happened in the capitol? Probably not, I wrote this on this forum back in November. What I do think is that people should be more honest and drop the holier than thou act.

I’m sorry but this is absolute nonsense.

A quick google search will guide you to the truth.
    Not that you want to find the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

As I said for the second time now, nobody in power holding office condemned the violence, and those are the people that matter.

Who are you referencing?
    Specific names.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    You’re being an apologist.

For whom?

feargale wrote: »
    Hitler got 37% in July 1932 and 43% in 1933.

Were they all nuts?

Some were.
    Some were mentally wounded by Germany's military and economic collapse. Compare the people wounded by rusting industry in Detroit and elsewhere and by imagined threats to their pockets by Obamacare (a fear fuelled by cynical opportunists) and the like, and nutters who believe that Satan is on the march.
    Others were not. Compare the German industrialists, junkers etc who didn't want to pick up the tab for Germany's woes, to the American billionaires who want to put a brake on enviromental action and social reform. They were not nuts. In each case the masters of exploitation thought they could control the Frankenstein they unleashed. Having control of much of the media, they were able to lead the sheep to the slaughter.
    Nothing new in USA. In the 1930s similar interests worked hand in glove with the local military and elites to stage coups d'etat in various Latin American countries in the wake of world recession. There was something in that for everybody. The miltary got political power. The filthy-rish conquistadoes got to keep their ill-gotten gains. American corporations got a free hand to economically exploit those countries.
    This was repeated later, in Guatemala 1954 and Brazil 1964. The Spanish Conquistadores' practice was to first send in the missionaries to soften the populace spiritually and psychologically, followed by the military. For Brazil 1964 the USA first sent in that egotistical idiot Patrick Peyton to tell the folks that God didn't like "communism" i.e. social justice. Of course, the American right are less prone to use Catholic propagandists these days. After all, they might stray into the sermon on the mount ('blessed are the poor.") The fundamentalst tv evangelists are much more effective ("greed is good.")
    It shouldn't surprise anyone that oil corporations and the like would pay millions to get a minority of scientists to lie about the environment. Philip Morris and others did similarly in the 1950s regarding the link between tobacco and cancer,
    Oh, and remember that in the 1920s Germany had the most educated population in the world. Compare and contrast with Mississippi (compulsory elementary education introduced 1918, education of African Americans illegal until the 1890s.)

Congrats...you have hit Godwin's Law.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

You'll just perpetually move the goalposts to justify your delusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

JJayoo wrote: »
    Are you having a mental breakdown? This really is tinfoil hat nonsense

It's not tin foil hat nonsense when we know that was literally the aim of a coordinated group who stormed the Capitol under the cover of MAGAts.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1350106793855205378?s=19

Appropriate that he is leaving at a time when he is recognised as the abomination he is..

And yet over on Rasmussen , he's still sitting at ~50% , barely a flutter in his numbers since the Election.

You'd have to wonder about who is actually on their polling panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,719 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trump will leave the White House Wednesday morning and leave DC.

I hope they have everything nailed down that they don't want him to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Lock down the good silverware

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

The looting has already started, no shooting though.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Acosta/status/1349810898454638592

• Advertisement

Congrats...you have hit Godwin's Law.

Congratulation to you. You have ensured that this thread doesn't escape the godwin cliché. Who the f**k is Godwin? Has he had a more profound effect on the planet than Hitler? Reading boards.ie in the past one might have thought so.

Sweet Jesus. I thought we had finally hunted that stupid cliché out of boards.ie. But I had clearly underestimated the power of lazy thinking.
    Think about what you have said. Hitler must never be mentioned. We cannot talk about pre-war German elections, or compare them to any other election. Are we allowed to talk about the Weimar Republic at all, or is that ot of bounds too?
    Have you ever heard of censorship?
    After WWII Germany went into a state of amnesia over Hitler, as a number of his henchmen became mayors of various cities. I suspect that you will find the origins of godwin's "law" therein. Incidentally, just to educare you, godwin didn't say it was a sin to mention Hitler or Naziism. In effect he simply observed, by way of a quasi-statistic that Hitler gets frequent mention. Surprise! Surprise!

HITLER, HITLER, HITLER

Go on, stone me. And bring along the mob with you.

P.S. You seem to have missed this bit:

Half expected him to announce a trip to Russia

Congratulation to you. You have ensured that this thread doesn't escape the godwin cliché. Who the f**k is Godwin? Has he had a more profound effect on the planet than Hitler? Reading boards.ie in the past one might have thought so.

Sweet Jesus. I thought we had finally hunted that stupid cliché out of boards.ie. But I had clearly underestimated the power of lazy thinking.
    Think about what you have said. Hitler must never be mentioned. We cannot talk about pre-war German elections, or compare them to any other election. Are we allowed to talk about the Weimar Republic at all, or is that ot of bounds too?
    Have you ever heard of censorship?
    After WWII Germany went into a state of amnesia over Hitler, as a number of his henchmen became mayors of various cities. I suspect that you will find the origins of godwin's "law" therein. Incidentally, just to educare you, godwin didn't say it was a sin to mention Hitler or Naziism. In effect he simply observed, by way of a quasi-statistic that Hitler gets frequent mention. Surprise! Surprise!

HITLER, HITLER, HITLER

Go on, stone me. And bring along the mob with you.

Are you ok?

Are you ok?

Are you?

You seem to be divesting a lot of energy being an apologist for an insurrection

• Registered Users Posts: 20,998 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Hitler would be the extreme end of fascism, I wouldn't put Donny in that league just yet. But I'd happily classify Donald Trump as a fascist, he has all the hallmarks of it. Only difference between him and 20th century European fascists is his success record. Not that he hasn't tried to turn democracy into dictatorship as we've all seen. And he has the "truth comes from The Leader, not from objective reality" thing down to a tee.

Overheal wrote: »
    Are you?

You seem to be divesting a lot of energy being an apologist for an insurrection

Ok clearly you do not what an apologist is?

Go on. Show me where I have been an apologist for an 'insurrection'. This should be good.

Are you ok?

I will be when you overcome your inane stupidity.

I will be when you overcome your inane stupidity.

Now now. Temper temper.

Keep it civil. This is not the school yard. If you can't muster a coherent response beyond calling someone 'stupid' then don't bother.

Stark wrote: »
    Hitler would be the extreme end of fascism, I wouldn't put Donny in that league just yet. But I'd happily classify Donald Trump as a fascist, he has all the hallmarks of it. Only difference between him and 20th century European fascists is his success record. Not that he hasn't tried to turn democracy into dictatorship as we've all seen. And he has the "truth comes from The Leader, not from objective reality" thing down to a tee.

I think Hitler might take offence at beng compared to Trump.

• Advertisement

Stark wrote: »

Carmanfacedog wrote an incredible post about that last year

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058043510/218/#post113647685

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement