Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What the hell is American thinker. It looks like a WordPress site from 1999.

Are these a thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

briany wrote: »
    Trump's presidency started badly, tailed off in the middle, and the less said about the end, the better.

I await the day Trump tries to avoid the legal ramifications of his presidency by sticking two pencils up his nose and saying, 'beep' to every question posed.

A wibble

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,923 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Oh yeah, I forgot that one. The racist birther stuff was heavily promoted by him and that anti-Christmas wife of his.

Anti-Christmas?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anti-Christmas?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/politics/melania-trump-tapes/index.html

"I'm working ... my a** off on the Christmas stuff, that you know, who gives a f*** about the Christmas stuff and decorations? But I need to do it, right?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭yagan

Anti-Christmas?

The First Trump xmas at the White House looked more like a set for a goth metal video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It gets ever more difficult to describe today's republican party as anything more than a glorified insane asylum hopelessly twisted and disfigured by Trumpism

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1350109485482844160

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Anti-Christmas?
    duploelabs wrote: »
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/politics/melania-trump-tapes/index.html

"I'm working ... my a** off on the Christmas stuff, that you know, who gives a f*** about the Christmas stuff and decorations? But I need to do it, right?"

Supreme Commander of the WAR ON CHRISTMAS, clearly.

It gets ever more difficult to describe today's republican party as anything more than a glorified insane asylum hopelessly twisted and disfigured by Trumpism

51% support overthrowing democracy. The USA is toast for a generation at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

yagan wrote: »
    51% support overthrowing democracy. The USA is toast for a generation at least.

Trump has been a godsend for Democrats in that respect.

The Trumplicans will worship him and likely not vote Republican since they failed their great leader.

Republican voters may not want to vote for a Trumplican spouting candidate as they want to forget this whole mess.

The voters Trump turned Democrat will probably stay Democrat remembering what Trump did.

He made the Democrats more attractive and fractured the Republicans with his cultists.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Trump got 46.8% of the vote. That's not far short of half of America voting for him. Are they all nuts?

No. They're mostly just Republican supporters that would vote for a rolled up newspaper if it were nominated by that party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Thoughts and Prayers. Shower of c*nts.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1350189778319208448

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yes, they've filed in court for bankruptcy but it appears to be a move orchestrated to escape dissolution in new york over $64M in improper payments to executives. They intend to reincorporate in Texas. So it's not as much to celebrate about yet, as thinking the NRA is no more.

Some Friday evening amusement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It shows that a large proportion of them are stupid, deluded and incapable of figuring out the difference between reality and fantasy. These are the thick cúnts that people are supposed to try and understand. Fúck that. These are just deluded people and sharing their delusion helps nobody. They need to be snapped out of it.

I understand that they don't like it when people call them stupid and I can understand that but it's their responsibility to not be stupid. It shouldn't be my responsibility to pretend that these gobshítes aren't stupid when they clearly are.

On a text based forum like social media, it's less jarring to read their stupidity because it's the sort of thing that you're used to hearing but if someone verbalise that kind of shíte in the pub back in the day, there would be a consensus that they're "a bit of an eejit. believes a load of shíte that he read on the internet".

And yet, here we are. We have people here who believe these stupid things and they expect to be respected by people who aren't stupid. That's not how it works.

MyPillow guy seen at the WH with a document referencing the insurrection act.

Peculiar

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1350199987884290048?s=20

Overheal wrote: »
    MyPillow guy seen at the WH with a document referencing the insurrection act.

Peculiar

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1350199987884290048?s=20

ErzdxymXcAAgb5D?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

ErzdxymXcAAgb5D?format=jpg&name=medium

What fresh madness is this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭valoren

So *puts on conspiracy hat* the rally was incited, marched on the lightly policed Capitol, gained access, joint session disrupted, rioters occupy building, national guard eventually called in, stand off, multiple arrests, do the Scooby Doo "reveal" of "it's China/Antifa/Iran/ISIS", Insurrection Act touted, kicked down the road in the senate beyond inauguration day, national emergency declared, martial law instituted, Trump wants to go to SC to stay in power....or something.

What fresh madness is this

I'd start with the intention behind appointing this idiot to the CIA in an acting (i.e unconfirmed) capacity, five days before the end of his term is.

pjohnson wrote: »
    The voters Trump turned Democrat will probably stay Democrat remembering what Trump did.

He made the Democrats more attractive and fractured the Republicans with his cultists.
    Yip, have relatives in the US who were life long registered republicans but switched to democrat because of Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

swampgas wrote: »
    It would certainly leave politics in a very dangerous and unstable state. But look at other countries that have gone down the authoritarian route. They would consolidate power and block anything except token opposition. There would still be elections but the GOP would always win. Perhaps the bigger blue states might try to secede, California perhaps, if the USA went to far down the road of tyranny.

However if the only alternative to seizing power by force and deceit is to diminish, then many will take the risks associated with it.

Most countries that go down the authoritarian route initially vote their benevolent dictator in with a massive wave of popular support. It's hard to go authoritarian and stay authoritarian without that initial phase as a platform to then indoctrinate enough of the population and strengthen your grip on power. Trump may have his true believers but he's set far too many against him at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Will anyone be convicted in a court of law of attempting a coup against the United States on Jan 6?

Nobody can presume anything in relation to convictions. But be surprised and shocked if nobody is charged.
    Of course, as many here and elsewhere have pointed out, one scumbag should be charged over and above everybody else. Bringing him to justice outweighs the importance of dealing with all the others put together, if you exclude Rudy Mafiani and one or two others.

P.S. When it's all done there may be a cheap auld bit of property in Doonbeg on the market. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

• Disbanded a pandemic preparedness office within the US government.
    • Pulled America out of the Paris Agreement
    • Withdrew from the Iran Nuclear Deal
    • Allowed Saudi Arabia to walk away after butchering a US citizen.
    • Empowered Kim Jonh-Un to develop his arsenal.
    • Rowed back on environmental regulations in the US.
    • Initiated the separation of kids from their families at the border.
    • Tried to arrange a quid pro quo with the Ukranian President.
    • Tried to pressure state officials in to helping him overturn a legitimate election.
    • Incited radicals to plot to kidnap and kill a state Governor.
    • Had 215 indictments leveraged against people connected with his administration.
    • Gave Russia a pass on placing bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan.
    • Implored Governors to get tough with BLM protestors.
    • Tear Gassed peaceful protestors so he could use a church and the bible as a prop.
    • Deliberately underplayed the risks associated with Covid.
    • Encouraged his fans to meet in close contact contrary to scientific advice.
    • Tried to influence the USPS ability to process mail in ballots for the election.
    • Incited an insurrection at the Capitol.

Which of the above were lies made up by the media? Still bemused by the hatred he has attracted?

What a summary!!

Imagine a normal person on their death bed with that on their conscience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭maebee

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Trump's father was a racist, with possible connections to the KKK. I strongly suspect that DT is a White Supremacist:-

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/319788-fbi-releases-documents-related-to-trump-apartment-discrimination-case

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

briany wrote: »
    On the Covid issue, first Trump tried to downplay it, despite, as we now know, that he knew the seriousness, then he tried to call it a Democrat hoax, then he was battling governors over their handling of it in their respective jurisdictions, questioning the effectiveness of masks and of lockdowns, then trying to deflect any blame from himself or his administration and solely onto China, then wasn't attending taskforce meetings, saying completely ignorant stuff in press briefings, having a publicly-tense relationship with Fauci. At virtually every step of his Covid handling he has acted un-presidentially, instead politicising and dividing. He couldn't just be mature, listen to the science and get some sort of unity going. Oh, and on that note, the time he said, "Well, if you remove all these Democrat states from the equation, we're actually doing quite well!"

I mean, I don't doubt that if COVID had not come along, Trump would have been in a far better position to be re-elected, with the messaging being, "Hey, some of you may think I'm an a$$hole, but you know what? Economy's doing pretty good, ain't it?", but it wasn't a great strategy to basically hope that no large crisis came along to really test him. I'm sure there's an adage or two about adversity really revealing one's character. Well, what can the Covid adversity say about Trump's?

I will agree with you on the media, to an extent. I have definitely seen some news networks take quotes of his and put the worst spin on them possible, and I never thought that was fair, but I've heard enough unedited speech of his to know that he really is that bad without even needing to be taken out of context, so overall, the perception of him as a lousy president is not an artifice of a biased media, who he's called the enemy of the people.... except for the networks that do nothing but report positively on him.

Never forget also that his petty preoccupation with fighting China is partly what led to Covid 19 becoming a worldwide pandemic in the first place.

The CDC had a cooperative relationship with the Chinese government, attempting to identify potential pandemics and isolate them, for over 30 years. Under the Obama administration the Chinese government had even allowed the CDC to embed their own agents in their version of the CDC to operate independently.

Under Donald Trump the staff at the CDCs Chinese office was reduced from 47 staff to 14, and the embedded staff member with the Chinese version of the CDC was terminated with no replacement given. While the Chinese government deserves most of the blame for hiding the facts of the pandemic, this would have been less likely to occur with more American eyes and ears on the ground, not to mention the fraught diplomatic relationship between China and Trump's America making disclosure less likely than under the Obama administration.

maebee wrote: »
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Trump's father was a racist, with possible connections to the KKK. I strongly suspect that DT is a White Supremacist:-

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/319788-fbi-releases-documents-related-to-trump-apartment-discrimination-case

Trump sr was a major funder of the John Birch society, well worth a wormhole read on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What.Now wrote: »
    What a summary!!

Imagine a normal person on their death bed with that on their conscience.

And I missed
    • Undermined the WHO.
    • Had 4 Press Secretaries, 5 Attorney Generals, 3 Secretaries of State, 6 secretaries of Defense, 3 Directors of the FBI..... in 4 years.
    • Insulted former and current members of the military.
    • Threw a fit at not winning the Nobel Peace Prize.
    • Shut down the US government for the longest time (35 days) in its history.
    • Told over 20,000 documented lies in 3 years.
    • Tried to pick a fight with the head of the Institute of infectious diseases during the worst pandemic in 100 years.
    • Refused to take a responsibility for the outcome of a pandemic which has killed close to 400K people within a year after he said it would fade away to nothing.
    • Fought a constant war with any media outlet who pointed out his shortcomings.
    • Inflamed racial tensions with supportive messages to White Supremacist groups.
    • Overrode intelligence community concerns to gain highest level security clearance for his daughter and her husband.

And all of these are in relation to his time as President. It doesn't touch on his time campaigning for the office, or his business/education/draft dodging years.

Worst President Ever. By a significant distance.

• Advertisement

This is why the Sedition Caucus sucks - they lie repeatedly and often.

Jeff Duncan:

"Looks like Nancy Pelosi doesn’t care to follow her own ludicrous rules – like the new rule that bans “gendered” terms in the 117th Congress. The new House Rules Package is designed to consolidate power in Nancy Pelosi’s hands. What are some of the new rules? A ban on gendered words, a continuation of unconstitutional proxy voting, censorship of free speech by Members of Congress on social media, and elimination of the ability for the minority party to amend a bill on the House floor. It’s designed to shut down any opposing voices and is completely unprecedented. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-gendered-terms-rules?fbclid=IwAR3qMt70320WlFE-a1T-GpGJx7v6rB7dCZJkzyfxyRS4FSzirrWetlZVrLg"

That really stuck out at me, as banning words members could say would be, you know, clearly unconstitutional. So I read the rules package and it's not like that at all - it replaces words like "father" and "mother" in certain house rules with "parent" etc. etc. And even the Fox News article he links to seems to understand that as well:

"Ealier [sic] this month, Pelosi encountered ridicule over the proposal, which directed the 117th Congress to remove those words and others from its rules. There's nothing in the rules that prohibit members from using gender-specific terms when speaking on the House floor or conducting business."

So it really continues to piss me off that me congressman is lying to the constituency and keeping them ginned up. They do it to keep them radicalized. /rant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement