Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

And I missed
    • Undermined the WHO.
    • Had 4 Press Secretaries, 5 Attorney Generals, 3 Secretaries of State, 6 secretaries of Defense, 3 Directors of the FBI..... in 4 years.
    • Insulted former and current members of the military.
    • Through a fit at not winning the Nobel Peace Prize.
    • Shut down the US government for the longest time (35 days) in its history.
    • Told over 20,000 documented lies in 3 years.
    • Tried to pick a fight with the head of the Institute of infectious diseases during the worst pandemic in 100 years.
    • Refused to take a responsibility for the outcome of a pandemic which has killed close to 400K people within a year after he said it would fade away to nothing.
    • Fought a constant war with any media outlet who pointed out his shortcomings.
    • Inflamed racial tensions with supportive messages to White Supremacist groups.
    • Overrode intelligence community concerns to gain highest level security clearance for his daughter and her husband.

And all of these are in relation to his time as President. It doesn't touch on his time campaigning for the office, or his business/education/draft dodging years.

Worst President Ever. By a significant distance.

Worst human ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

Did nobody at the Capitol think to make a phone call to the J Edgar Hoover building? The Hostage Rescue Team would have wiped the floor with the rioters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Kellyanne Conway is on Bill Maher tonight on HBO I see.

Another one looking to clear her conscience no doubt. Bit late!

Kellyanne and Bill are longstanding friends. I've watched him interview her before. They're on the opposite sides of the fence and it was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Did nobody at the Capitol think to make a phone call to the J Edgar Hoover building? The Hostage Rescue Team would have wiped the floor with the rioters.

One thing I think the last several years have shown us that American military and police professionalism is a tad different in reality than how it is portrayed in the movies.

You know all those images of 6ft 4 guys in all Black swat outfits jogging in unison in to place and snipers climbing the fire exit ladders to the rooftops of nearby buildings with their commanding officer telling them to 'Take the shot Goddamit'.

That's all Hollywood baby. Or maybe when doing it against barefoot or sandled people thousands of miles away their military prowess has the opportunity to excel.

Close at home, when faced with people who simultaneously demand the second amendment to protect against a tyrannical government and who also want to overturn a legitimate election, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

One thing I think the last several years have shown us that American military and police professionalism is a tad different in reality than how it is portrayed in the movies.

You know all those images of 6ft 4 guys in all Black swat outfits jogging in unison in to place and snipers climbing the fire exit ladders to the rooftops of nearby buildings with their commanding officer telling them to 'Take the shot Goddamit'.

That's all Hollywood baby. Or maybe when doing it against barefoot or sandled people thousands of miles away their military prowess has the opportunity to excel.

Close at home, when faced with people who simultaneously demand the second amendment to protect against a tyrannical government and who also want to overturn a legitimate election, not so much.

I'd say the Secret Service agents guarding Mike Pence didn't just have handguns - they'd have wiped the floor with the rioters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'd say the Secret Service agents guarding Mike Pence didn't just have handguns - they'd have wiped the floor with the rioters.

Who knows what they had anyway its a secret

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

And I missed
    • Undermined the WHO.
    • Had 4 Press Secretaries, 5 Attorney Generals, 3 Secretaries of State, 6 secretaries of Defense, 3 Directors of the FBI..... in 4 years.
    • Insulted former and current members of the military.
    • Through a fit at not winning the Nobel Peace Prize.
    • Shut down the US government for the longest time (35 days) in its history.
    • Told over 20,000 documented lies in 3 years.
    • Tried to pick a fight with the head of the Institute of infectious diseases during the worst pandemic in 100 years.
    • Refused to take a responsibility for the outcome of a pandemic which has killed close to 400K people within a year after he said it would fade away to nothing.
    • Fought a constant war with any media outlet who pointed out his shortcomings.
    • Inflamed racial tensions with supportive messages to White Supremacist groups.
    • Overrode intelligence community concerns to gain highest level security clearance for his daughter and her husband.

And all of these are in relation to his time as President. It doesn't touch on his time campaigning for the office, or his business/education/draft dodging years.

Also, in the spectrum between endorse and condemn, he heavily leaned towards an endorsement of Qanon. He tried to cover himself with the usual "I don't really know much about them", but was appreciative that they liked him.

Isn't the president of the USA supposed to be a learned, serious man? They read intelligence briefings, they hold meetings, they write treatises. And then we have this joker, Trump, who helps popularise a conspiracy theory started by 4Chan trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Overheal wrote: »
    This is why the Sedition Caucus sucks - they lie repeatedly and often.

Jeff Duncan:

"Looks like Nancy Pelosi doesn’t care to follow her own ludicrous rules – like the new rule that bans “gendered” terms in the 117th Congress. The new House Rules Package is designed to consolidate power in Nancy Pelosi’s hands. What are some of the new rules? A ban on gendered words, a continuation of unconstitutional proxy voting, censorship of free speech by Members of Congress on social media, and elimination of the ability for the minority party to amend a bill on the House floor. It’s designed to shut down any opposing voices and is completely unprecedented. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-gendered-terms-rules?fbclid=IwAR3qMt70320WlFE-a1T-GpGJx7v6rB7dCZJkzyfxyRS4FSzirrWetlZVrLg"

That really stuck out at me, as banning words members could say would be, you know, clearly unconstitutional. So I read the rules package and it's not like that at all - it replaces words like "father" and "mother" in certain house rules with "parent" etc. etc. And even the Fox News article he links to seems to understand that as well:

"Ealier [sic] this month, Pelosi encountered ridicule over the proposal, which directed the 117th Congress to remove those words and others from its rules. There's nothing in the rules that prohibit members from using gender-specific terms when speaking on the House floor or conducting business."

So it really continues to piss me off that me congressman is lying to the constituency and keeping them ginned up. They do it to keep them radicalized. /rant

From your own link:

Instead of wife and daughter, Pelosi's resolution directed House rules to use "spouse" and "child."

I too am outraged about calling her indoors a "spouse", and the sprog a" child".

My folks have best take of it all on him.....they love to see him on the news as he always come out with something absurd or stupid and it lightens the doom and gloom of covid......it wont be the same without him

(They wouldnt want him anywhere near power here mind)

Trump's a bit like Chubby Roy Brown for me. Has had funny lines here and there but mostly trades on bigotry, and the act has gotten stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

briany wrote: »
    Trump's a bit like Chubby Roy Brown for me. Has had funny lines here and there but mostly trades on bigotry, and the act has gotten stale.

What's the difference between Roy "Chubby" Brown and Donald Trump????

One is a failed, fat, ignorant, obnoxious media personality who thinks he is clever and the other is..... oh wait a minute

• Advertisement

Ronin247 wrote: »
    What's the difference between Roy "Chubby" Brown and Donald Trump????

One is a failed, fat, ignorant, obnoxious media personality who thinks he is clever and the other is..... oh wait a minute

Trump always has a career opening for Jim Davidson if he wants to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Nah, that particular title still goes to Bush. Trump is a close second though. :D

Trump's negative effects are largely contained to America. The effects of Bush's reign were felt throughout the world and are still being felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

While I have little time for Bush I expect he took advice on what was a proportional response to their country bring attacked and then like everything american, supersized it.
    imagine a 9/11 during trump's reign, it would be nukes for everyone, assuming they couldn't assassinate him in time

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

There's nothing "proportional" about starting a war on the back of lies in a country that had nothing to do with your own country being attacked and plunging the world into a situation that enabled terrorism to sky rocket for the next 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Washington post has photographed one of trumps large donors and backers Mr Pillow CEO meeting with trump

Notes on instigating martial law and instilling Kash Patel as CIA director.

https://twitter.com/jabinbotsford/status/1350186100564905985

Now the question is , is there any link between that and guilliani tweet between him and the proud boy leader who also discussed needing Kash in place...

Is trump trying to use the proud boys to kick something off

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Tony EH wrote: »
    There's nothing "proportional" about starting a war on the back of lies in a country that had nothing to do with your own country being attacked and plunging the world into a situation that enabled terrorism to sky rocket for the next 15 years.

they didn't think of the consequences just that they were the biggest and the baddest and someone was going to pay
    I'm not championing American foreign policy since 2001 just trying to see it from their perspective
    I'll argue against any assertion that Trump's not the worst President ever. He'd make the list for world leader too although there's plenty of evil despots ahead of him there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

Rumour has it, so take as you will, that the military presence is not for the inauguration security but because Trump is planning to declare Martial Law.
    Probably a paranoid load of non sense, but what happens if he declarees Martial Law, hypothetically

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Rumour has it, so take as you will, that the military presence is not for the inauguration security but because Trump is planning to declare Martial Law.
    Probably a paranoid load of non sense, but what happens if he declarees Martial Law, hypothetically

This is part of the stupid conspiracy theory that the inauguration is a ploy to gather all Trumps enemies in 1 place so he can arrest them and at the same time shut down the internet etc.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

VinLieger wrote: »
    This is part of the stupid conspiracy theory that the inauguration is a ploy to gather all Trumps enemies in 1 place so he can arrest them and at the same time shut down the internet etc.......

I hadn't seen that LOL

These people seem to think America is the ruler of the whole world. As if Trump controls every country. I can't make sense of them at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

That was Dick Cheneys war. He pushed hard for the invasion knowing the benefits to his previous employer and donors. Bush was indebted to him for coming on the ticket in the first place and so went along with it. Without Cheney the Iraq invasion never happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

listermint wrote: »
    Washington post has photographed one of trumps large donors and backers Mr Pillow CEO meeting with trump

Notes on instigating martial law and instilling Kash Patel as CIA director.

https://twitter.com/jabinbotsford/status/1350186100564905985

Now the question is , is there any link between that and guilliani tweet between him and the proud boy leader who also discussed needing Kash in place...

Is trump trying to use the proud boys to kick something off

This guy is just an average joe and the justice department should bring the full weight of the federal government on him immediately to find out what the **** he was up to.

Incidentally, they say you can tell the calibre of a man by the company he keeps.

Look at the ****ing dregs that Trump surrounds himself with. The My Pillow Guy, Steve Bannon, Gilliani. Absolutely and utterly pathetic. What a sad and sorry little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Busy weekend ahead for Trump according to his official schedule :pac:

President Trump will work from early in the morning until late in the evening. He will make many calls and have many meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

namloc1980 wrote: »

President Trump will work from early in the morning until late in the evening. He will make many calls and have many meetings.

I'd say in reality he is caught in a 20 20 situation.

There are serious charges coming. He obviously wants to limit his liability. A pardon can help. But... there are reports he was told self pardons are a no no. There are also reports say he doesn't trust pence.

So what can he do?

What will he do?

My bet is resign and get pence to grant a pardon as part of a deal with mcconnell to stfu until after inauguration.

Anyone care to have a guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

namloc1980 wrote: »

Is Maggie his infant grand child?

It's like something senior infants would get to write.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Nah, that particular title still goes to Bush. Trump is a close second though. :D

Trump's negative effects are largely contained to America. The effects of Bush's reign were felt throughout the world and are still being felt.

It says a lot when Trump isn't even the worst US president, but not even the worst one in the last twenty years. And I would say there are a fair few contenders for worse over the previous centuries.

It reminds me of people on Twitter suggesting that January 6 was 'the day American innocence died' ... side eyes from the Native Americans, Black America, Japanese-Americans in WWII and pretty much half the world that suffered from American-sponsored coups.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

everlast75 wrote: »

My bet is resign and get pence to grant a pardon as part of a deal with mcconnell to stfu until after inauguration.

Anyone care to have a guess?

That might be plausible if Pence realises that he's finished in politics after all this - what would he have to lose? But then, if himself and Trump have fallen out, what would he have to gain?

Would they trust Trump to stfu? Would be incredibly naive if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It says a lot when Trump isn't even the worst US president, but not even the worst one in the last twenty years. And I would say there are a fair few contenders for worse over the previous centuries.

It reminds me of people on Twitter suggesting that January 6 was 'the day American innocence died' ... side eyes from the Native Americans, Black America, Japanese-Americans in WWII and pretty much half the world that suffered from American-sponsored coups.

Hindsight will show us the effects of trumps withdrawal of troops from Syria, cosying up to NK, letting Russia do whatever it wants in Eastern Europe, withdrawing from the Iran deal, not to mention withdrawal from the Paris accord, and dismantling agreements with long term allies.

When the dust has settled on those, then judge him against Bush and his ilk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

That might be plausible if Pence realises that he's finished in politics after all this - what would he have to lose? But then, if himself and Trump have fallen out, what would he have to gain?

Would they trust Trump to stfu? Would be incredibly naive if they did.

Pence wants to run in '24; if he pardons trump, trump will run in' 24 so that's not an option, if he doesn't pardon trump then he'll alienate Trump's rabid idiotic base so that's not an option

• Registered Users Posts: 60,719 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bill Maher giving one of Trump's minions a platform last night I wonder how long before the rest of them start to appear on chat shows and get paid nicely.

I can see Trump back hosting The Apprentice and talking about his big ratings within a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

4 days left.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement