Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭dam099

flazio wrote: »
    17 sane Republican senators though.
    It's a very big ask.
    They only managed to find 10 Republican Congress members for the house impeachment out of a bigger cesspit.

I think getting to 17 is still a stretch but the Senate Republicans are a relatively more moderate bunch than those in the House. For example the vote on the objections to the Electoral College Count in Arizona was 93-6 for the Senate vs 303-121 for the House. So approx 12% of Republican Senators vs over 50% of House members.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,719 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Deluded as fcuk she flew there in a private jet.

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1350253097818329089?s=20

JennaRyan.jpg?fit=1024%2C615&ssl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

dotJenna: "My..... actions have consequences? This does not compute."

briany wrote: »
    dotJenna: "My..... actions have consequences? This does not compute."

Is this what they call affluenza?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Deluded as fcuk she flew there in a private jet.

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1350253097818329089?s=20

JennaRyan.jpg?fit=1024%2C615&ssl=1

That's what happens when extreme entitlement and extreme stupidity combine.

They weren't afraid of armed police, they obviously never considered prosecution for their crimes.
    Those are things other people have to consider, not them.

• Advertisement

An interesting question to put to those in the whole 'Stop the Steal' movement would be,

"Do you have any parameters for the level of evidence you'd need to see in order to be satisfied that the election was, in fact, not fraudulent?"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

An interesting question to put to those in the whole 'Stop the Steal' movement would be,

"Do you have any parameters for the level of evidence you'd need to see in order to be satisfied that the election was, in fact, not fraudulent?"
    Evidence doesn’t come into it unfortunately

They’re right wing authoritarians. They don’t think for themselves, they believe what they are told to believe by the leaders of their ‘movement’

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Akrasia wrote: »
    Evidence doesn’t come into it unfortunately

They’re right wing authoritarians. They don’t think for themselves, they believe what they are told to believe by the leaders of their ‘movement’

I wouldn't agree.

They believe they have seen the evidence, and that any lack of evidence only supports the theory of a cover up.

It makes perfect sense to them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree.

They believe they have seen the evidence, and that any lack of evidence only supports the theory of a cover up.

They believe they have seen the evidence, but are totally incapable of showing it to anyone, or explaining what the evidence is and the only response becomes that we have to do our own research to understand it.

robinph wrote: »
    They believe they have seen the evidence, but are totally incapable of showing it to anyone, or explaining what the evidence is and the only response becomes that we have to do our own research to understand it.

"I do my own research, unlike a lot of sheeple."

(Gets all their news from unsubstantiated social media posts.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

"I do my own research, unlike a lot of sheeple."

(Gets all their news from unsubstantiated social media posts.)

I’ve always enjoyed the calling people sheeple and saying not to believe things in the media from people as it shows that they lack self awareness as they are almost certainly just believing nonsense as it suits their agenda/beliefs.

Billy Mays wrote: »

To put this another way,

"I'm allowed to riot, because I am convinced that my cause is just. You are not allowed to riot because I am convinced your cause is not."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

A good read here from the Atlantic magazine where they explain the thinking of the white christian nationalists and why they see nothing wrong in storming the capital.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/01/white-evangelicals-fixation-on-washington-dc/617690/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Sooo.... it's not beyond the realms of possibility the woman on the megaphone was Lauren Boebert's mother:

https://twitter.com/taradublinrocks/status/1350268253273165824

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

Sooo.... it's not beyond the realms of possibility the woman on the megaphone was Lauren Boebert's mother:

Classy family.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

If she's like the rest of the yahoos who invaded the Capitol, she shouldn't be hard to find, given their proclivity to casually brag about what they did to anyone who'd listen.

Maybe this has been posted already, but I see that those arrested over the riots last week are pleading for presidential pardons so to avoid prison sentences. Saying that Trump told them to do it. Will be another perceived stab in the back when those pardons are not forthcoming.

Wonder will they (plus Qanon etc) start turning against Trump

(Edit , I see it’s being talked about already)

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree.

They only see what they want to see, and they only believe what they are told to believe. It’s not about evidence

• Advertisement

Maybe this has been posted already, but I see that those arrested over the riots last week are pleading for presidential pardons so to avoid prison sentences. Saying that Trump told them to do it. Will be another perceived stab in the back when those pardons are not forthcoming.

These goons are more than prepared to sacrifice (others) for the cause

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭combat14

so is it all gonna kick off tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The guy who beat the police officer with a flag pole has been caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Billy Mays wrote: »

Seems harsh, just another person with the blinkers on who entered the building but didn't do much else. Yes throw her in jail.

COmpared to the killings of police and business owners, looting, burning down of businesses that took place during BLM protests, where Democrats set up funds to get those caught out of jail and back on the street to do the same.

USA is a funny place.

Murder, looting, and arson, bail them out!!!!

To a broken window in the capitol building. JAIL THEM FOR LIFE

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

USA has far left loopers, and far right nutjobs.

Both are fcking deluded and live in their own version of reality.

(Edit , I see it’s being talked about already)

Trump couldn't pardon those people even if he cared about them and wanted to do it because he's spent the last week and a half trying to distance himself from the Capitol attack, so pardoning his foot soldiers would undo too much of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Trump couldn't pardon those people even if he cared about them and wanted to do it because he's spent the last week and a half trying to distance himself from the Capitol attack, so pardoning his foot soldiers would undo too much of that.

The optics of not pardoning his foot soldiers is stark. You did what I asked you to do, and I could pardon you but I wont, so you can go to jail now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Seems harsh, just another person with the blinkers on who entered the building but didn't do much else. Yes throw her in jail.

COmpared to the killings of police and business owners, looting, burning down of businesses that took place during BLM protests, where Democrats set up funds to get those caught out of jail and back on the street to do the same.

USA is a funny place.

Murder, looting, and arson, bail them out!!!!

To a broken window in the capitol building. JAIL THEM FOR LIFE

I know. I also hate that you can't get involved in a violent insurrection and attempt to overthrow the government without consequences as well.

The optics of not pardoning his foot soldiers is stark. You did what I asked you to do, and I could pardon you but I wont, so you can go to jail now.

"Ah, ah. I said 'peacefully'."

• Advertisement

I think we've been over the Minnesota Freedom Fund thing before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement