Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,794 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

States changed rules, by the letter of the law it's unlawful. But allowed to stand. That's the fraud, that and mail in ballots, where no pride is taken in the vote cast, but the vote is signed and will count.

If states, i.e. state legislatures, the ones charged with making electoral law for their state, changed their rules around voting, including mail-in ballots, then how is it unlawful? They literally changed the law in many cases - just because you don’t agree with it, doesn’t make it unlawful. In other cases, by-regulations and other apparatus around the statute was amended in order to facilitate more mail-in voting given the pandemic. Again, not unlawful. And of course, Trump’s team have never tried to legally challenge these ballots - because they know they’re not unlawful. They think they’re illegitimate, but that’s a different complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭obi604

For the ‘normal Joe soap’ republicans who always supported Donald Trump all along, I wonder what are their thoughts on storming Capitol Hill.

Are they like fair play, well done OR was this the thing that made them finally realise that Trump is kinda messed up.

obi604 wrote: »
    For the ‘normal Joe soap’ republicans who always supported Donald Trump all along, I wonder what are their thoughts on storming Capitol Hill.

Are they like fair play, well done OR was this the thing that made them finally realise that Trump is kinda messed up.

They blame Antifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Cody montana

3 days.

Time to start fumigation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭Christy42

obi604 wrote: »

His approval rate has dropped like an absolute stone since then https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo.

Course it is still high in comparison to what you would think and his most die hard supporters are the most likely to try and kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

People with no empathy or who've conditioned themselves out of it tend to take it for granted everyone thinks exactly like they do because they can't imagine otherwise.

It's something you see Trumpists do constantly, they assume with complete confidence that even their "enemies" think like they do, just from the perspective of their "team".

Think about how many sulky posters we had here talking about how disappointed the lefties here would be with their "hero" Joe Biden - you ever heard anybody here talk about Biden in those terms? How many accuse lefties of being brainwashed by CNN, even though nobody on the left relies on CNN alone as gospel the way the right huffs Fox and little else. Or the classic "well, if you get (right wing guy who harrasses women) is cancelled for harrassing women, let's see how you like it when (Hollywood Guy who harrasses women) is cancelled too!" - okay? Yes?

I dislike Trumpists for a million reasons, but I understand their worldview and value system is not just mine with different prizes, we have fundamentally different ways of engaging with the world. The same doesn't apply in reverse.

So this is clearly something this guy fixates about and takes it for granted everyone else does too.
    Good post

You can see a similar trend with global warming deniers. They’re obsessed with Greta Thumburg now even though zero people who believe climate change is a real threat do so because an Austrian schoolgirl told them to

Needless to say the vehn diagram of climate change deniers and trump supporters is close to just being a circle

astrofool wrote: »
    What can you do when people believe things that are being said by people who admit that the things they said were lies (then repeat them again anyway). I mean, is it down to a world view that can't change, thus only information that supports that view is allowed (to the contrary of all evidence and rationality), is the person just beyond help?

It’s a personality trait. These people are gullible authoritarians. The way to handle them, is to clamp down on the leaders before they get too much momentum. Clamp down on them by challenging their lies and removing their access to the media which they use to grow their base

There is always a balancing act between freedom of speech and allowing bad actors to spread hatred and propaganda. There is an irony that a genuinely free Press needs to be regulated

The US has gone too far in allowing corporate media to deliberately lie to the public. GW Bush might have started the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan but he wouldn’t have been able to get away with it without Fox News lying to the public on his behalf. Now Fox is just as sh1t as it’s always been, but isn’t even the worst network anymore having been gazumped by OAN and Breitbart and a bunch of others who can deliberately misinform with impunity with the devastating effects on democracy and public discourse that we see today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭yagan

They blame Antifa.
    The hardcore will, the type that are beyond reason. But for most now having Trump flags in their neighbourhood will have the same effect on their property values as burnt out cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its coming in two weeks and its going to be the greatest healthcare plan you've ever seen.

Oh wait...

No the details are all kept on Hunter Bidens laptop, alongside all the truth about the widespread Democrat election fraud, and it is going to be cracked (after its been found again) any day now!

Also Trumps tax returns are on it, which is why he never released them.

And the video from Kenya of Obamas birth.

And copies of all the secret Democrat pedophile/cannibalism videos.

And all this will be revealed "next week/2 weeks from now/soon" Man, there is so much on that laptop that is beneficial to Trump....if only it existed!

• Advertisement

Never has a man promised so much, delivered so little.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭briany

"Your jobs are coming back."

"I will build a wall, and I'll make Mexico pay for it."

"I will hire a special prosecutor..."

What did he actually promise? To ‘make America great again?’

That was a slogan he stumbled on at a rally. He said it, people cheered, so he said it again and again

Trump promised to build a wall, drain a swamp and make America great again

2 of those are vacuous election slogans, the third was so stupid that even his own supporters never really believed it

briany wrote: »
    "Your jobs are coming back."

"I will build a wall, and I'll make Mexico pay for it."

"I will hire a special prosecutor..."

Lock Hillary up
    Get rid of the deficit
    Save coal jobs
    New healthcare
    New infrastructure

Akrasia wrote: »
    What did he actually promise? To ‘make America great again?’

That was a slogan he stumbled on at a rally. He said it, people cheered, so he said it again and again

Trump promised to build a wall, drain a swamp and make America great again

2 of those are vacuous election slogans, the third was so stupid that even his own supporters never really believed it

He pandered to the chronically gullible.
    They believed every word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

tbf biden wont be accused of much if he doesn't deliver , wtf does buildbackbetter even mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

briany wrote: »

Hard to even really know what to do with this lot.

Its incredible to watch how far these people have gone down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole, that Facebook algorithm has a lot to answer for.

Otherwise has the story about Lauren Boebarts mother being one of the insurrectionists been confirmed? It definitely looks like her but as yet none of the main news networks have ran with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Its incredible to watch how far these people have gone down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole, that Facebook algorithm has a lot to answer for.

Otherwise has the story about Lauren Boebarts mother being one of the insurrectionists been confirmed? It definitely looks like her but as yet none of the main news networks have ran with it.

The FBI are on the case:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,449 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Lock Hillary up
    Get rid of the deficit
    Save coal jobs
    New healthcare
    New infrastructure

"you're gonna be so tired of winning"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The "draining the swamp" thing was the most ridiculous thing he said. His administration has been so deep in the swamp, I'm surprised they can even breathe. The man is a born liar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The FBI are on the case:

yeah its just I saw a tweet yesterday comparing that photo with another photo of her mother and they looked like the same person. However none of the major news networks have yet ran with the story. If it is her you'd expect the FBI to arrest her pretty soon and her daughter Lauren is going to have some explaining to do as to why she was there. Also in the video she says that she has been inside the Capitol building lots of times and she is heard directing rioters on how to take the building. The FBI will be asking if Lauren brought her in there to do reconnaissance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭briany

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The FBI are on the case:

If that is Boebert's mother, the FBI will have a good amount of documentary evidence to convict her.

Here is 'pink hat' giving instructions to rioters inside the building via megaphone.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/01/14/capitol-riot-video-planning-nr-vpx.cnn

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

In fairness the same could be said about Obama.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,923 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

In fairness the same could be said about Obama.

The old "both sides" defence. Again.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

All of Trump's baloney were simplistic lies to feed to his voter base, a base which was made up of a number of different types of people in the beginning, we must remember. He spewed out lie after lie to make it look like he was the "man of the people", while his main concern was delivering for big business America and the wealthy, which he did nicely.

As Chomsky said of him years ago, he had "two constituents". The first being corporate power and extreme wealth which he "lavished gifts" upon, in terms of deregulation and tax breaks, and the second were the people he relied on for voting, to which he delivered virtually nothing. And all on the back of empty rhetoric about "tackling Wall St." and "draining the swamp". absolutely none of which he ever intended to do.

Most people have woken up to these lies by this stage, but there's still a cadre of folk out there that still believe and will always believe that Trump was "the guy" that was taken down by the "elites".

Fucking incredible when you think about it.

Kayleigh Mcenany seemed like an intelligent woman, I wonder how she really felt defending to silly things Trump came out with especially over the last 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭flazio

CNN, especially Briana Keiler, remind us constantly that Kayleigh was a very strong critic of Trump getting the job back in 2016. Let's hope she got a good pay package because I don't know where she'll be working after this.

The old "both sides" defence. Again.

Ah sure here you are not wanting to hear a bad word about Obama, its not a criticism of him personally I'm just pointing out that he was 8 years in the job and many of the things he promised to change didn't happen.

I remember back in 08 everyone here in Ireland were like cheerleaders at a football game when he got elected and were too stupid to realise he didn't give any more of a toss about Ireland than the man who came after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Kayleigh Mcenany seemed like an intelligent woman, I wonder how she really felt defending to silly things Trump came out with especially over the last 12 months.

It doesnt matter, she did what she did, if she disagreed with him or didnt want to do it she knew where the door was. The fact that she didnt leave makes me believe she was absolutely fine with what she was doing and saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

yeah its just I saw a tweet yesterday comparing that photo with another photo of her mother and they looked like the same person. However none of the major news networks have yet ran with the story. If it is her you'd expect the FBI to arrest her pretty soon and her daughter Lauren is going to have some explaining to do as to why she was there. Also in the video she says that she has been inside the Capitol building lots of times and she is heard directing rioters on how to take the building. The FBI will be asking if Lauren brought her in there to do reconnaissance.

Because if it turns out not to be her, then the news networks would find themselves getting sued into oblivion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement