Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭briany

flazio wrote: »
    CNN, especially Briana Keiler, remind us constantly that Kayleigh was a very strong critic of Trump getting the job back in 2016. Let's hope she got a good pay package because I don't know where she'll be working after this.

OANN, Newsmax, Russia Today....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,449 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Kayleigh Mcenany seemed like an intelligent woman, I wonder how she really felt defending to silly things Trump came out with especially over the last 12 months.

She may seem like an intelligent person, however she is one of no morals or integrity. You don't have to scrape too far into her past to see what she thought of trump, and now, due to her about face and blatent lies, she's gloriously finding it impossible to get a new job

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Because if it turns out not to be her, then the news networks would find themselves getting sued into oblivion.

Also could be that the FBI have gagged them from releasing the story as it would impeded their ongoing investigation

In fairness the same could be said about Obama.

Absolutely not. Remember when Obama had control of all three pillars of government but still couldn't get through any of his promises?

Of course you don't because that was trump

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Kayleigh Mcenany seemed like an intelligent woman, I wonder how she really felt defending to silly things Trump came out with especially over the last 12 months.

Shes a grifter, the same as most people in the Trump ecosystem. It does appear though that she was unwilling to defend him over the Capital riots and reports from the Oval Office said that Trump complained that she wasnt working hard enough for him. In her final press conference she had no make up on and her hair wasnt done, it almost looked like she was at home and Trump ordered her into work to go before the media. She looked like she didnt want to be there at all and the press conference lasted all of two minutes before she left the podium without taking questions.
    flazio wrote: »
    CNN, especially Briana Keiler, remind us constantly that Kayleigh was a very strong critic of Trump getting the job back in 2016. Let's hope she got a good pay package because I don't know where she'll be working after this.

There was a story that one of Kayleighs former lecturers at Harvard Law School said to her back in 2016 that Trump was going to be the Republican candidate and something along the lines that a pretty blonde girl like herself would do well to start talking him up in an effort to get a job from him. From that day on she switched her tune and stopped criticising him and instead began praising him. iirc it was Ivanka who brought her into the fold

• Advertisement

Intelligence and honesty are not correlated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭Christy42

Ah sure here you are not wanting to hear a bad word about Obama, its not a criticism of him personally I'm just pointing out that he was 8 years in the job and many of the things he promised to change didn't happen.

I remember back in 08 everyone here in Ireland were like cheerleaders at a football game when he got elected and were too stupid to realise he didn't give any more of a toss about Ireland than the man who came after him.

Errr no. You said no one had achieved so few of their promises. You stuck him as the worst for it. Quite frankly he probably above the low average bar for most politicians as opposed to being the worst.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Because if it turns out not to be her, then the news networks would find themselves getting sued into oblivion.

ah yeah for sure. But if it is true it would be such an explosive story Im surprised the networks have yet to run with it. They just need to verify it was her, maybe it is not as certain as some think so they're waiting on the FBI to verify that it is her for them.

If it is true her daughter Lauren will have serious questions to answer and you'd imagine there will be calls for her resignation from Congress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Cody montana

In fairness the same could be said about Obama.

I don’t know.
    Had no interest in American politics till recently.
    Obamacare is his legacy?

Insurrection is trumps.

I don’t know.
    Had no interest in American politics till recently.
    Obamacare is his legacy?

Insurrection is trumps.

People earlier on in the thread mentioned the horrible legacy of Bush jr., that his Iraq war led to a terrible global fallout that we're still dealing with, which is an absolutely fair point, imo, but given the Butterfly effect, we didn't quite know how bad it could become at the time. Similarly with Trump, we know his ignorance and his bluster and his divisiveness is bad at this point, but he's also given new-found validation to far-right, pro-authoritarian, xenophobic, proudly ignorant masses of people. He's written a playbook that while it's certainly not perfect, can be imported and refined by others, and so the 15-20 year legacy of Trump could be the continued rise of the far-right across the western world.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,923 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Ah sure here you are not wanting to hear a bad word about Obama, its not a criticism of him personally I'm just pointing out that he was 8 years in the job and many of the things he promised to change didn't happen.

I remember back in 08 everyone here in Ireland were like cheerleaders at a football game when he got elected and were too stupid to realise he didn't give any more of a toss about Ireland than the man who came after him.

Apples with oranges. Mitch McConnell had openly announced his intention to oppose virtually everything Obama tried to do.

Trump had two years of full control and did nothing.

The both sides thing is getting old.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Apples with oranges. Mitch McConnell had openly announced his intention to oppose virtually everything Obama tried to do.

Most people don't understand how American politics works. Like, a lot of people I know seem to think that the President has something close to absolute power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭yagan

It's mad to think that even as Trump leaves the White House people here are still saying "buh Obama!" as if it relevant.

The only relevance Obama ever had to Trump was as an opening with racist voters.

yagan wrote: »
    It's mad to think that even as Trump leaves the White House people here are still saying "buh Obama!" as if it relevant.

Not just Obama, but Hillary as well. But it's as if it's a blind, dogmatic hatred because Trump promised to lock Hillary up in his 2016 campaign, did nothing about it when he actually got elected, and then brought back the 'lock her up' chant for his 2020 campaign. Trump's crowd seemed to care more about wanting to lock her up than actually having her locked up, which suggests to me that they never thought too deeply about why she should be locked up in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well today is the day. The one where armed protests were meant to happen. That was before the national guard rolled out to all 51 Capitols in the US. Guess we just have to wait and see what happens but I know quite a few folks on edge about it, especially those with military backgrounds who have their hackles up and haven’t been sleeping well.

Overheal wrote: »
    Well today is the day. The one where armed protests were meant to happen. That was before the national guard rolled out to all 51 Capitols in the US. Guess we just have to wait and see what happens but I know quite a few folks on edge about it, especially those with military backgrounds who have their hackles up and haven’t been sleeping well.

Listened to an interesting episode of NYT's The Daily podcast about the Capitol Hill riot's fallout, and obviously one of the main things that happened out of that was Trump being essentially de-platformed along with thousands of QAnon accounts and Parler going down. This has left the American far-right in a tizzy and they've been having problems re-consolidating and getting coherent plans together. So given that, plus the NG/army rollout, I predict a rather quiet 4 days. If there is a big danger, I would say it'll be from lone wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭newhouse87

You might not like it but American politics really is that side or this side and both sides use it for arguments sake. Both rightly and wrongly at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

briany wrote: »
    Listened to an interesting episode of NYT's The Daily podcast about the Capitol Hill riot's fallout, and obviously one of the main things that happened out of that was Trump being essentially de-platformed along with thousands of QAnon accounts and Parler going down. This has left the American far-right in a tizzy and they've been having problems re-consolidating and getting coherent plans together. So given that, plus the NG/army rollout, I predict a rather quiet 4 days. If there is a big danger, I would say it'll be from lone wolves.

The concerning bit would be that just one or two such lone Wolf events today could act as the signal to these kooks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,923 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Most people don't understand how American politics works. Like, a lot of people I know seem to think that the President has something close to absolute power.

The Republicans controlled both houses of Congress when Trump was elected. Short of rewriting the constitution, they could have done anything.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It's cringey the Irish attitude to American presidents.

I'm afraid we might have to endure more cringey rubbish whenever Biden makes a visit. That's after he's visited Britain, France etc ; the countries America actually cares about.

• Advertisement

Irish media consistently and deliberately present the US president in this light.

It's a factor in the hysteria about US presidents in Ireland I feel.

briany wrote: »
    People earlier on in the thread mentioned the horrible legacy of Bush jr., that his Iraq war led to a terrible global fallout that we're still dealing with, which is an absolutely fair point, imo, but given the Butterfly effect, we didn't quite know how bad it could become at the time. Similarly with Trump, we know his ignorance and his bluster and his divisiveness is bad at this point, but he's also given new-found validation to far-right, pro-authoritarian, xenophobic, proudly ignorant masses of people. He's written a playbook that while it's certainly not perfect, can be imported and refined by others, and so the 15-20 year legacy of Trump could be the continued rise of the far-right across the western world.

Just on that I read an article the other day that said Brazils Bolsonaro is up for re-election next year and that political journalists in Brazil are fully expecting him to reject the results of the election if he loses and for him to incite an insurrection, its a continuation of the Trump playbook

I think the Boogaloo Boys have some protests planned today? I read there was some planned yesterday by other groups but the numbers who showed up were very small, just 50 people at a protest in St.Paul, Minnesota. It seems the National Guard are out in huge numbers in a show of force and thats what is putting off Trump supporters showing up. Good news if true because these lads showing up armed to the teeth is a recipe for disaster, it only takes one shot to be fired and it could quickly turn into a massacre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

yagan wrote: »

The only relevance Obama ever had to Trump was as an opening with racist voters.

It's part of the "It's everyone else's fault but not Donald's" mentality that permeates the Trump base.

Whataboutism is vital to the Trump movement - funnily enough, as John Oliver pointed out a few years ago, this is actually an old Soviet propaganda tool that is used to create mistrust and confusion. Basically, no matter what anyone does has an equivalence, meaning that nobody is ever accountable for anything. It's what Trump supporters live on and use to justify the failings of the Orange One.

The Republicans controlled both houses of Congress when Trump was elected. Short of rewriting the constitution, they could have done anything.

And the republicans had an election in two years...

I mean... do I really need to explain the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭yagan

The concerning bit would be that just one or two such lone Wolf events today could act as the signal to these kooks
    It does feel like all or nothing for them. All their years of prepping for some undefined great patriotic moment, and then along comes Trump to harvest their paranoia and in doing so uniting them.

They've only between now and Biden's inauguration to enact their great rebellion without a cause.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just on that I read an article the other day that said Brazils Bolsonaro is up for re-election next year and that political journalists in Brazil are fully expecting him to reject the results of the election if he loses and for him to incite an insurrection, its a continuation of the Trump playbook

I think the Boogaloo Boys have some protests planned today? I read there was some planned yesterday by other groups but the numbers who showed up were very small, just 50 people at a protest in St.Paul, Minnesota. It seems the National Guard are out in huge numbers in a show of force and thats what is putting off Trump supporters showing up. Good news if true because these lads showing up armed to the teeth is a recipe for disaster, it only takes one shot to be fired and it could quickly turn into a massacre.

Oh please do look up the history of Brazil and South America in general. They don't need Trump to influence them when it comes to dodgy elections and military dictatorships, coups etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

It's cringey the Irish attitude to American presidents.

I'm afraid we might have to endure more cringey rubbish whenever Biden makes a visit. That's after he's visited Britain, France etc ; the countries America actually cares about.

They get the same reception in Germany, France, Britain etc. so it shouldn't be just us cringing. I don't see the yanks out cheering any foreign leaders when they show up in DC. It smacks of an inferiority complex on this side of the Atlantic. Same with us religiously following their elections when they couldnt point out 3 European countries on a map.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Irish media consistently and deliberately present the US president in this light.

It's a factor in the hysteria about US presidents in Ireland I feel.

Two posts in a row you mock Irish people and their interest in the POTUS, Yet you have been defending Trump for how long on here?

The only hysteria I have seen (especially over the last year) for POTUS has been from the Trumps zealots who have become more and more hysterical in defence of him the closer it came to realising he was getting the boot.

Two posts in a row you mock Irish people and their interest in the POTUS, Yet you have been defending Trump for how long on here?

The only hysteria I have seen (especially over the last year) for POTUS has been from the Trumps zealots who have become more and more hysterical in defence of him the closer it came to realising he was getting the boot.

I've never defended Trump once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,465 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

who cares. she is as dumb as the rest of his supporters. Probably more so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement