Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

newhouse87 wrote: »
    I would put my mortgage on it that pence would not have been assassinated if he got caught by the protestors, its all idle speculation. Theses nut jobs are certainly enjoying all the credit they are getting im sure.

They're literally shouting 'hang mike pence' outside

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/01/15/mike-pence-close-call-capitol-riot-foreman-vpx.cnn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭newhouse87

duploelabs wrote: »

yes again they are mental, im not defending them, but come on,you really think they thought hey lets go in here and kill a load of senators and reps and over throw the govt.

yep was definitely no 3 deranged probably mentally unstable alot of them but no it was not some grand plan to over throw the govt, this is not the movies.
    The preemptive reconaissance? The ripping out of panic alarms? The carrying of cable ties?

That all doesn't strike you as premeditated and coordinated?

from last week

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

so you believe it was an attempt to over-throw the us government? Think some of ye are giving these idiots more credit than they deserve.

You could say the same about Sep 11 plane hijackers. You don’t have to be a criminal mastermind to change the course of a countries history. That led to a war and shaped American policy for many many years including many war crimes that the west chooses to ignore.

I think a lot of people struggle to see how monumentally dangerous this insurrection attempt was for us Democracy. I actually think a lot of people , even those who despise Trump, don’t realise how damaging his 5 years of grooming America for fake news might be if Biden and the republicans don’t work on diplomacy and holding these gobhs*tes to account. And I include going after Trump and discrediting him badly, although I’m thinking they may not want to go so hard on a former president.

from last week

look we wont agree i just think they are nut jobs who have been brainwashed by qanon etc. but i don't think it was an attempted coup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,464 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I would put my mortgage on it that pence would not have been assassinated if he got caught by the protestors, its all idle speculation. Theses nut jobs are certainly enjoying all the credit they are getting im sure.

‘Sure, Jan.’

look we wont agree i just think they are nut jobs who have been brainwashed by qanon etc. but i don't think it was an attempted coup.

How much evidence do you need to be displayed to you?

Yes there's a lot of nutjobs there, just look at the 'Dances with Karens' bloke who's the Qanon shamen. However there was a considerable force using the cover of a nutjob mob the coordinate an attempted coup.
    Look at the video footage from Sky News here.

Overheal wrote: »

them videos just prove to me even further that they ae nutjobs tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

yes again they are mental, im not defending them, but come on,you really think they thought hey lets go in here and kill a load of senators and reps and over throw the govt.

Most of them - probably not. Do I think that a handful of them had that idea?

Absolutely I do.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Most of them - probably not. Do I think that a handful of them had that idea?

Absolutely I do.

yeah thats fair enough, a hell of alot of them just looked to be wandering around taking pics, like they weren't expecting to get so far.

• Advertisement

them videos just prove to me even further that they ae nutjobs tbh.

How do you differentiate between a nutjob and a person participating in a coup attempt?
    honest question although it does sound like a line up for a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

yep was definitely no 3 deranged probably mentally unstable alot of them but no it was not some grand plan to over throw the govt, this is not the movies.

Excusing them as all being mentally unstable is an insult to people who live with mental illnesses and who generally don't go around trying to overthrow authority.

The guys who had maps of the Capitol, carried hand restraints and were dressed in military gear weren't mentally unstable. They were part of a premeditated and coordinated effort to overthrow the government. Thankfully they were also incompetent.

How much evidence do you need to be displayed to you?

Yes there's a lot of nutjobs there, just look at the 'Dances with Karens' bloke who's the Qanon shamen. However there was a considerable force using the cover of a nutjob mob the coordinate an attempted coup.
    Look at the video footage from Sky News here.

an attempted coup realistically needs the military to take part, may have been some army there, vets etc, but no it was not remotely close to being a coup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

The problem as with all these situations, is that you create the conditions for something like hostages being murdered to happen. Majority of rioters may have no intention to do such a thing but they have helped create a volatile situation where a minority can get within touching distance of what they see as their destiny. The scenario is like a beacon to the most emotionally distressed people out there, mix that with probably drug taking, adrenaline and maybe even a psychopath or two and it can easily happen. Groups are dangerous to be part of, sometimes you might be enabling your worst nightmare.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Excusing them as all being mentally unstable is an insult to people who live with mental illnesses and who generally don't go around trying to overthrow authority.

The guys who had maps of the Capitol, carried hand restraints and were dressed in military gear weren't mentally unstable. They were part of a premeditated and coordinated effort to overthrow the government. Thankfully they were also incompetent.

them guys were there to cause hassle but to overthrow the govt i dont think so.

The problem as with all these situations, is that you create the conditions for something like hostages being murdered to happen. Majority of rioters may have no intention to do such a thing but they have helped create a volatile situation where a minority can get within touching distance of what they see as their destiny. The scenario is like a beacon to the most emotionally distressed people out there, mix that with probably drug taking, adrenaline and maybe even a psychopath or two and it can easily happen. Groups are dangerous to be part of, sometimes you might be enabling your worst nightmare.

yep cant argue with that, some very few i would imagine were there to cause legitimate harm.

How do you differentiate between a nutjob and a person participating in a coup attempt?
    honest question although it does sound like a line up for a joke

a coup of the most powerful nation on earth would essentially involve nutjobs who think it was actually possible.

them guys were there to cause hassle but to overthrow the govt i dont think so.

I presume the hand restraints were just for the laugh yeah? And the ones looking to hang Mike Pence just really wanted to have a chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭yagan

Im sure she does but i would hope that most if not all people on here would agree it was not nearly a coup or even attempted coup, was a bunch of mental deranged idiots .
    Which makes the fact that the majority of Republican seat holders defend them more worrying for the future.

The will for revolution was there as evidenced by its political support, and all they've learned is to construct their own communications channels and infiltration of state forces is as crucial as a figurehead.

an attempted coup realistically needs the military to take part, may have been some army there, vets etc, but no it was not remotely close to being a coup.

It needs a military, not the military

• Advertisement

I presume the hand restraints were just for the laugh yeah? And the ones looking to hang Mike Pence just really wanted to have a chat?

where did i say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭yagan

Illegally occupying the senate dias was a coup, they just missed out on hostages to sustain it.

The "a military" would have been steamrolled by the "the military".

i would disagree, to overthrow the most powerful nation, the actual military would have to be involved.

where did i say that?

Your general attempt to downplay it as a few nutjobs kind of gives the game away to be honest.

In an alternate reality, Trump somehow won the vote. Fast forward four years from now, I wonder what Trump would have done to stay in power. There's not a hope he'd simply leave office. He'd attempt to get a third term somehow.

Your general attempt to downplay it as a few nutjobs kind of gives the game away to be honest.

what game? You would think i was defending them the way you are going on. Its ok to have a difference of opinion you know, its an internet forum, enjoy your Sunday.

what game? You would think i was defending them the way you are going on. Its ok to have a difference of opinion you know, its an internet forum, enjoy your Sunday.

If you're to counter to the evidence presented to you in good faith rather than just saying 'nah i don't believe it' you might be taken more seriously than the usual trolls who drop in here

In an alternate reality, Trump somehow won the vote. Fast forward four years from now, I wonder what Trump would have done to stay in power. There's not a hope he'd simply leave office. He'd attempt to get a third term somehow.

If he got a vote to amend the constitution to allow more than two terms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I've never defended Trump once.
    But do you reject Satan and all his works? ::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement