Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭Christy42

Triangle wrote: »
    There's reasons why so many follow him.
    The best route forward is to understand the reasons and fix the problems that lead to the polarisation.
    Shutting down his account is like brushing the dirt under a carpet.

Take a look at the Donald. win. Racism and a lot of homophobia. I had expected racism than homophobia actually though many are now pointing out they shouldn't have trusted abc due to her adopted children.

I don't know how you deal with people who want most people who support Biden hanged.

I know there are more moderate supporters but they don't seem to be insignificant in number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

You know this.

Second bit in bold my emphasis.

I hope you are hating Trumps beating and the absolute show he has made of himself and likewise the GOP big players and conservative media personalities losing any hint of an ability to show themselves to be respectful of the rule of law and their famous constitution being ridiculed as much as I am enjoying watching it.

I long believed Trump wouldn't receive his comeuppance but man has he gone out of his way to show how much this is hurting him and how incapable he is of accepting that once again he is the least popular candidate out of those with any chance of winning. A 100% record for him in that respect.

Trump lost that election fair and square. Him clinging on and calling it a cheat is embarrassing.

Iv said it enough times

I'm able to both post how Trump lost fair and square and also post about how a minority of blm protesters went on a rampage looting, destroying businesses, attacking onlookers, attacking police etc

Stop pigeon holing everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Trump lost that election fair and square. Him clinging on and calling it a cheat is embarrassing.

Iv said it enough times

I'm able to both post how Trump lost fair and square and also post about how a minority of blm protesters went on a rampage looting, destroying businesses, attacking onlookers, attacking police etc

Stop pigeon holing everyone

If you want to talk about the BLM protests, there's threads on Boards to do it.

I might join you to the point out the ratio of protestors to arrests made once again to show just how the vast majority of people attending were peaceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The only problem with the election was the mass use of mail in votes, not the counting of them, or the claim that 100's of 1000's of extra votes were waiting in the wings to use when needed to beat Trump. It will be impossible to prove, or get anywhere with that argument.

Ireland and rest of EU will cheer on Biden, and defend his victory, but then turn around and claim, mass mail in voting is not for us, far too dodgy a process for voting, open to far too much chances for shady things to happen.

Had Election being delayed until next Aug, then I think we all know Trump would have won with 75m voters who got up off their ass to go out and stand in line to vote for him.

The only problem with the election was the mass use of mail in votes, not the counting of them, or the claim that 100's of 1000's of extra votes were waiting in the wings to use when needed to beat Trump. It will be impossible to prove, or get anywhere with that argument.

Ireland and rest of EU will cheer on Biden, and defend his victory, but then turn around and claim, mass mail in voting is not for us, far too dodgy a process for voting, open to far too much chances for shady things to happen.

Had Election being delayed until next Aug, then I think we all know Trump would have vote with 75m voters who got up off their ass to go out and stand in line to vote for him.

Ireland does mail in voting for the Seanad. Nobody has established fraud. That's the reality and it amounts to a conspiracy theory to claim there was.

• Advertisement

The only '' fraud '' that happened was 5 ballots going into a house, and 5 coming back out as votes when history shows only the mom ever votes.
    But in her own home the mom can fill in 5 ballots, and then get her husband who could not give a flying fck about Trump of Biden to sign his Ballot, and get 3 kids who are in basement playing Forenite to sign their ballots too.

Boom 5 votes, validated with a signature, and MUST be counted. All above board and correct. But in reality 4 people in that house would never have got up and stood in line in the wind and rain to vote for a man who doesn't know what day it is, or who he is even running against.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Had Election being delayed until next Aug, then I think we all know Trump would have won with 75m voters who got up off their ass to go out and stand in line to vote for him.

Well I don't know that and no body can actually know that, pure speculation there!

The only '' fraud '' that happened was 5 ballots going into a house, and 5 coming back out as votes when history shows only the mom ever votes.
    But in her own home the mom can fill in 5 ballots, and then get her husband who could not give a flying fck about Trump of Biden to sign his Ballot, and get 3 kids who are in basement playing Forenite to sign their ballots too.

Boom 5 votes, validated with a signature, and MUST be counted. All above board and correct. But in reality 4 people in that house would never have got up and stood in line in the wind and rain to vote for a man who doesn't know what day it is, or who he is even running against.

There's nothing to say a Trump supporter couldn't do the exact same thing. It's also highly speculative and was possible to do before this year, also isn't fraudulent...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Again, mail in voting has been a standard thing in the US - with a shedload of security measures long since baked in because of the military vote - and absolutely no one had a problem with it until the first time it wasn't overwhelmingly the preserve of Republicans and red states. This is not a coincidence, Republicans just don't think people who won't vote for them should be allowed vote and whatever rationalisation shores that up will do.

It would actually be harder, theoretically, to tamper with mail in votes because the votes have a concrete multi point paper trail on par with paper ballots, unlike in-person ballots reliant on machines that are essentially black-boxed.

The suggestion fraud is more of a possibility due to mail in votes is just playing rube. A guy whose whole schtick is being an asshole spent four years acting like one on the biggest political stage in the world, and quarter of a million deaths later, people hate him. It doesn't take a whiteboard to work out the cause and effect.

There's nothing to say a Trump supporter couldn't do the exact same thing. It's also highly speculative and was possible to do before this year, also isn't fraudulent...

ahh but the mail in ballots were 85% send to democrats, a lot of them not even requested.
    It explains the huge '' turnout'' for Biden, if you can call it a '' turnout'' . It was just millions upon millions of ballots signed up in the comfort of ones home, validated by a signature, or unlike a stranger who fills in ballots with fake signatures, a mom can simple copy a signature of son or husband as she knows the signature and has samples to copy, unlike the people who pick up a phone book and simple fill in ballots with names they get in phone book, but the signature would never be a match and hopefully would never get through the counting process. But ballots filled out in ones home with a signature that matches will of course be counted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Wtf? You have a very active imagination I'll give you that. Also I see you're playing the dementia angle. Disgusting carry on.

Again, mail in voting has been a standard thing in the US - with a shedload of security measures long since baked in because of the military vote - and absolutely no one had a problem with it until the first time it wasn't overwhelmingly the preserve of Republicans and red states. This is not a coincidence, Republicans just don't think people who won't vote for them should be allowed vote and whatever rationalisation shores that up will do.

It would actually be harder, theoretically, to tamper with mail in votes because the votes have a concrete multi point paper trail on par with paper ballots, unlike in-person ballots reliant on machines that are essentially black-boxed.

The suggestion fraud is more of a possibility due to mail in votes is just playing rube. A guy whose whole schtick is being an asshole spent four years acting like one on the biggest political stage in the world, and quarter of a million deaths later, people hate him. It doesn't take a whiteboard to work out the cause and effect.

I know they had mail in voting, but not mass mail in voting of the scale we saw here. What ever ballots went into a household came out as votes, with a matching signature.
    And yes it has to be counted because of it, you'll never prove one person in that house took control of 5 ballots, and got the rest of family to sign them. Ballot is then validated. We all know it went on, and it's not fraud, but it's a MASSIVE advantage to Biden to get get 5 votes from a house who historically only ever had one voter who bothered to vote in person.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Wtf? You have a very active imagination I'll give you that. Also I see you're playing the dementia angle. Disgusting carry on.

Biden gets confused a lot. I just think the process gave him a massive advantage. If you make any process super simple then it will result in many more people doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Biden gets confused a lot. I just think the process gave him a massive advantage. If you make any process super simple then it will result in many more people doing it.

I get the sense you object to more people voting. Isn't increased voter participation not a good thing??

Speaking of confusion, Donald Trump thinks he won the election a month ago when he actually lost badly.

The election is having a boom in speculative fiction from Trump supporters...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

the funniest thing in all of this ridiculousness is people complaining about mail-in ballots etc.

Trump, Biden and everyone taking part in the election knew the process e.g. vote in person, vote by mail etc. and they signed up to the rules by taking part and now because it doesn't suit them they call fraud.

It is time the supporters of trump stop spouting about mail-in voting it is part and parcel of the process and everyone is entitled to vote in whatever manner suits them. If Trump did not accept mail-in voting he should not have run. Mail-in voting is perfectly acceptable to him and his supporters in states that they won but not in states they lost.

The narrative is a total joke and it is boring as all hell now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I know they had mail in voting, but not mass mail in voting of the scale we saw here. What ever ballots went into a household came out as votes, with a matching signature.
    And yes it has to be counted because of it, you'll never prove one person in that house took control of 5 ballots, and got the rest of family to sign them. Ballot is then validated. We all know it went on, and it's not fraud, but it's a MASSIVE advantage to Biden to get get 5 votes from a house who historically only ever had one voter who bothered to vote in person.

Right, so it's not mail-in voting that is the problem, the real issue is the amount of mail-in voting?

Essentially what the GOP are arguing, and yourself is that they never really had confidence in it, but it never affected the result before so it didn't matter.

These people you are talking about, all in the same house, are adults. In the US in particular, they are deemed to be responsible enough to own guns in many states, but you think they can't manage to vote without the coersive control of the one person in that house?

With that level of control, I think it would be fairly easy to assume that even in in person voting they are compromised.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ah would you ever go away with that shìte, Biden hammered Trump in the debates, has been a much better orator than Trump could ever dream of being and shows time and time again why he will be better than that orange buffoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

So we’ve arrived at if all those people hadn’t voted for Biden then Trump would have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Tippex wrote: »
    the funniest thing in all of this ridiculousness is people complaining about mail-in ballots etc.

Trump, Biden and everyone taking part in the election knew the process e.g. vote in person, vote by mail etc. and they signed up to the rules by taking part and now because it doesn't suit them they call fraud.

It is time the supporters of trump stop spouting about mail-in voting it is part and parcel of the process and everyone is entitled to vote in whatever manner suits them. If Trump did not accept mail-in voting he should not have run. Mail-in voting is perfectly acceptable to him and his supporters in states that they won but not in states they lost.

The narrative is a total joke and it is boring as all hell now.

Exactly, I recall 2016 when many people were pointing the fact that HC won the popular vote and it was od that Trump would then be POTUS. Trump and his supporters, quite rightly pointed out that regardless of the fairness or otherwise of it, that was the system that both candidates and all voters knew was in place and that was the rules.

But now that they have lost they want to change the rules to suit themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Jesus these Trump supporters still clinging to the absurd notion of election fraud are total ****ing eeejits.

And still going at the dementia angle. They are really low integrity people. And calibre. I wouldn't trust such a deluded fool to make a cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭ollkiller

So people voting is bad. Or is it too many people. Or we don't like people who vote for the other person. I can't keep up.

Just want to add. The level of salt that I thought would lower, just keeps coming unabated. The saltiest of salty tears from the Trump followers is a constant joy to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Jesus these Trump supporters still clinging to the absurd notion of election fraud are total ****ing eeejits.

And still going at the dementia angle. They are really low integrity people. And calibre. I wouldn't trust such a deluded fool to make a cup of tea.

They're cultists. Imagine trying to destroy your democracy for a garbage person like trump. Blows my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

bad2dabone wrote: »
    They're cultists. Imagine trying to destroy your democracy for a garbage person like trump. Blows my mind.

Yeah it's enraging. And a really tough effort not to reduce to the level they are operating at.

Genuinely I am concerned that place will go close to civil war. Such instability has a knock on effect on us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭Christy42

Why do they need to stand in the wind and rain to vote for someone? Has anyone in Ireland ever really done that? I haven't and I have voted plenty of times. Never stood outside, just walked and walked out again. Does invalidate my votes?

If someone would not have voted in person but still voted by mail their vote still counts. A vote doesn't count for more cos you went to more hardship. That just means the voting system was designed by an idiot if hardship was required.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

The venn diagram of BLM support and rioters is a circle. Even the ones that arent rioting are calling for police to be defunded and defending or hiding rioters in their mix

So not a circle then.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,725 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Clarence Thomas has been waiting to get his revenge on Biden and now is his chance!
    Biden said "You aint black!"
    Thomas will say "You aint President!"

Just to highlight the absolute delusions going on in trumpy supporters heads.

Thomas said "Biden you're my president" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,542 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Can you explain the "racism " accusation"
    Yes, you alluded to only black people.
    There was white protestors and white criminals looting.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

It's like we've gone back in time to three weeks ago when I was reading the same posts about this shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

salmocab wrote: »
    So we’ve arrived at if all those people hadn’t voted for Biden then Trump would have won.

That's it. He keeps going on and on about having the most amount of votes for a sitting president, which in a rare turn of events, is true.

But that doesn't make a lot of difference if you get less votes than the person you're running against in a two-horse race. I'm not sure why that's so difficult for Trump supporters to comprehend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement