Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭drogon.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

everlast75 wrote: »
    Biden asked people to wear a ****ing mask, which was best advice according to people in the know.

Trump made it a policy decision to do the exact opposite of what was recommended.

So, who politicised the issue?

The answer is they both politicized things. I wasn't talking about masks in this instance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump not happy again, seems the people he endorsed (the best people) won't throw their morals or reputations in the bin for him.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1341138409092509696?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I pretty much agree with you but I think it's clear that what they said did contribute to the politicization of the vaccine and the idea that it's not to be trusted due to Trump.

Everything a candidate says during an election campaign could be said to be politicizing a topic.

It was a very pertinent point to make given they were talking about someone in the highest position of authority who had a proven track record of giving false and misleading information.

To not recognize that fact could be seen to have been irresponsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Trump not happy again, seems the people he endorsed (the best people) won't throw their morals or reputations in the bin for him.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1341138409092509696?s=19

I'm taking some joy in watching how upset he is at this whole thing. 6 weeks after the election, a week after the electors nominated him for President, hours after News Networks who pedalled his BS issued crushing retractions for having done so and he is still tweeting in all caps saying he won in a landslide.

This is way beyond any degree of ambiguity as to how unsuitable he was for the role and I have enjoyed watching those who have argued his case since November 4th lay themselves bare as to their true commitment to the country and the constitution which they spent so long telling us they cared so much about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Not in the slightest, the links backup what was my original point.

You said Biden and Harris put forward the idea that the vaccine is not to be trusted due to Trump. The links you posted do not support that at all. They both said that assuming the appropriate authorities authorise the vaccine they'd fully support it - Harris even said she'd be first in the queue. What they said is they wouldn't trust what Trump said alone about the vaccine. I wouldn't either, wouldn't trust Trump with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The answer is they both politicized things. I wasn't talking about masks in this instance though.

1) funny- you didn't say both of them politicised it the first time around

2) again, saying someone should follow scientific advice is *not* politicising an issue.
    If Danny Healy Ray says there's no problem having 10 pints and climb behind the wheel of a car and Leo stands up and says there's scientific proof to say you shouldn't, Leo isn't politicising the issue.

Do you understand now?

2) again, saying someone should follow scientific advice is *not* politicising an issue.
    If Danny Healy Ray says there's no problem having 10 pints and climb behind the wheel of a car and Leo stands up and says there's scientific proof to say you shouldn't, Leo isn't politicising the issue.

Do you understand now?

Why would I have to say that? I was responding specifically to a post about Biden.

And that analogy is so bad I don't know where to start with it.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    You said Biden and Harris put forward the idea that the vaccine is not to be trusted due to Trump. The links you posted do not support that at all. They both said that assuming the appropriate authorities authorise the vaccine they'd fully support it - Harris even said she'd be first in the queue. What they said is they wouldn't trust what Trump said alone about the vaccine. I wouldn't either, wouldn't trust Trump with anything.

I said that they contributed to the politicization of the vaccine and the idea that it's not to be trusted due to Trump.
    They said they would take if scientist/doctors said to take it, but not if Trump said to take. The inference there is that Trump adds an element of untrustworthiness to the vaccine by being the one in office when the vaccine is created.

I said that they contributed to the politicization of the vaccine and the idea that it's not to be trusted due to Trump.
    They said they would take if scientist/doctors said to take it, but not if Trump said to take. The inference there is that Trump adds an element of untrustworthiness to the vaccine by being the one in office when the vaccine is created.

Trump: "inject bleach."
    Everybody else: "yeah, don't do that."

• Advertisement

Trump: "inject bleach."
    Everybody else: "yeah, don't do that."

The quote is somewhat off but yes Trump is really bad. I agree.

Which he does, would you take advice from Trump? A man who has lied over 20,000 times in the last 4 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Joe Biden got the vaccine this morning. Not even in office and he's done something more like a leader than Trump did in his whole term.

https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/1341118336978055170?s=19

He is very high risk due to his age. Sensible decision either way

Which he does, would you take advice from Trump? A man who has lied over 20,000 times in the last 4 years?

He doesn't add an element of untrustworthiness to the vaccine though. It's been created and approved by scientists and the appropriate authorities. Trump shouldn't even enter the equation. Once you say "I'll take it if the scientists tell me to but not if Trump tells me to" then you automatically make some people skeptical when Trump advocate getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

He is very high risk due to his age. Sensible decision either way

Trump.is 4 years younger, where is he by the way? Has anyone seen him lately? Seems to be sulking in his bunker and rage tweeting.

He doesn't add an element of untrustworthiness to the vaccine though. It's been created and approved by scientists and the appropriate authorities. Trump shouldn't even enter the equation. Once you say "I'll take it if the scientists tell me to but not if Trump tells me to" then you automatically make some people skeptical when Trump advocate getting it.

Because Trump is a serial liar, best to wait until the scientists talked (which they did) and then get it. Trump would only have tried to claim some sort of credit for it otherwise.

Because Trump is a serial liar, best to wait until the scientists talked (which they did) and then get it. Trump would only have tried to claim some sort of credit for it otherwise.

It was always going to come from the scientists. And it was always going to have to be FDA approved. Tainting the trustworthiness of a vaccine with Trump was unnecessary.

Trump.is 4 years younger, where is he by the way? Has anyone seen him lately? Seems to be sulking in his bunker and rage tweeting.

Biden is in the high risk category. End

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Your faux concern is very much appreciated.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Your faux concern is very much appreciated.

Those are the facts. There are no grounds for argument nor to go off on some "yeah but" side mission.

We've had the "wheres Trump " and now "faux concern " angles.

No need for it.

The quote is somewhat off but yes Trump is really bad. I agree.

Username checks out.

Username checks out.

That's pretty weak lol

How is Biden more at risk than trump?

Where is Trump by the way? You would think he would be front and center what with him being the biggest attention where out there.

How is Biden more at risk than trump?

Where is Trump by the way? You would think he would be front and center what with him being the biggest attention where out there.

I didn't mention Trump at all.

I commented on the clip of Biden taking the vaccine. He is pushing 80. An old man. It's a sensible move.

All you want to do is argue.

I commented on the clip of Biden taking the vaccine. He is pushing 80. An old man. It's a sensible move.

You always bring his age up as if it matters, you HATE to.see a bad word about your hero Trump.

Oh wait....my bad....you're not a trump supporter :rolleyes:

You always bring his age up as if it matters, you HATE to.see a bad word about your hero Trump.

Oh wait....my bad....you're not a trump supporter :rolleyes:

Of course it matters. He is high risk. He is nearly 80

Trump is also high risk but he is on the way out of the white house. He can paddle his own canoe.

Biden is the incoming potus. Makes sense for him to be vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do you understand now?

...technically it is though, you're arguing that others should follow science as a matter of policy. How is that not political? It definitely shouldn't be a partisan issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

We're not goldfish, ex, you don't just start moaning about the weather one minute and everyone in the room forgets what your opinions and motives are.

• Advertisement

You just came alive again to post after about 2 weeks. That's weak. Good luck.

Now you seem to have an issue with how frequently I post. This is getting weird.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement