Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭newhouse87

FFS, that article was written before the author even knew that people had died. I fcuking hate that when people just dump an article without having even read it themselves. Wasting my time.

Nothing to do with it being a coup or not if people died.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

newhouse87 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/prof_powell/status/1347001966975721472

Its her view and shes entitled to it, i just dont agree with it. Have a read of Coup experts Jonathan Powell's thread

Having looked at his profile, I can't see any experience he has in international affairs or a foreign corp position.
    Not to mention in the tweet you quoted that Charles Manson was charged and convicted of murder, despite not having the hand on the knife

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Nothing to do with it being a coup or not if people died.

Rubbish. You didn't even read the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭yagan

https://twitter.com/prof_powell/status/1347001966975721472

Its her view and shes entitled to it, i just dont agree with it. Have a read of Coup experts Jonathan Powell's thread
    While Trump not accepting his election loss is not in itself a coup, the violent storming of the capital building by a mob assembled for a Trump rally was a coup attempt.

Trump is only disowned them because he say how being associated with them could damage his personal business empire.

He won't offer the insurrectionists pardons because then that would be admitting liability.

What you call your opinion is just more trolling.

Rubbish. You didn't even read the article.

Of course they didn't, the headline confirms their opinion so that's why they posted it

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Of course they didn't, the headline confirms their opinion so that's why they posted it

Yes i did read the article, the fact people died has nothing to do with it being a coup attempt or not, i just showed where a university associate professor an expert on coup s says it was not a coup, i will take his opinion over the people on here everyday.

Associate Professor. School of Politics, Security, and International Affairs. University of Central Florida.
    https://www.jonathanmpowell.com/

Yes i did read the article, the fact people died has nothing to do with it being a coup attempt or not, i just showed where a university associate professor an expert on coup s says it was not a coup, i will take his opinion over the people on here everyday.

Associate Professor. School of Politics, Security, and International Affairs. University of Central Florida.
    https://www.jonathanmpowell.com/

On the highlighted point, it wasn't me saying it, it was Fiona Hill.

As per his credentials, again where is his practical experience in the foreign corp?

On the highlighted point, it wasn't me saying it, it was Fiona Hill.

As per his credentials, again where is his practical experience in the foreign corp?

Lots on here have called it a coup and you know it and you agreeing with Fiona Hill means you also think it was a coup, i have shown it doesn't qualify. You will have to tweet him about his experience. Im sure he will value your input on this matter.

yagan wrote: »
    Central Florida?

You know there's reps from Trump states who had to scurry for safety from the mob who don't accept it happened.

Even Trump switched from saying he loved them to disowning them, yet you keep defending them.

Mods, why hasn't this obviously troll been sent to the cooler?

Because I'm not trolling and coup experts back up my point unlike most of the posters on here who let their emotions do the judgment.

yagan wrote: »
    Central Florida?

You know there's reps from Trump states who had to scurry for safety from the mob who don't accept it happened.

Even Trump switched from saying he loved them to disowning them, yet you keep defending them.

Mods, why hasn't this obviously troll been sent to the cooler?

Point me to where i defended any of them please, i will wait.

• Advertisement

Lots on here have called it a coup and you know it and you agreeing with Fiona Hill means you also think it was a coup, i have shown it doesn't qualify. You will have to tweet him about his experience. Im sure he will value your input on this matter.

Again, you didn't answer. Where in his profile details his working experience in the foreign corp?
    You haven't shown anything in response to that or to debunk the evidence presented to you

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Why are you putting more value in his opinion rather than that of a former intelligence analyst and National Security Council official with years of practical experience in this area?

Again, you didn't answer. Where in his profile details his working experience in the foreign corp?
    You haven't shown anything in response to that or to debunk the evidence presented to you

I told you tweet him if you want to know, look your just angry that i found an expert on coup events which didn't back up what you were saying all day. You agree with fiona hill, i agree with these coup experts, its ok, we differ.

The responses from Trump loving terrorism supporters have followed the Russian handbook down to the letter as evidenced in this thread since 6th he gained power in 2016

]

I've amended your original post above - he's demonstrated clear megalomanic type behaviours since day 1.

He reminds me of Robert Maxwell, especially in the time of his demise.

A truly awful man that has caused so much division in America and beyond with his trolling twitter posts. he thought he'd have 4 more years and he's now disintegrating like a spoilt child, just as Robert Maxwell did in his final months.

I told you tweet him if you want to know, look your just angry that i found an expert on coup events which didn't back up what you were saying all day. You agree with fiona hill, i agree with these coup experts, its ok, we differ.

My only frustration is that you continue to argue in bad faith and refuse to challenge any evidence supplied or answer the questions put to you

I can point to other political scientists that consider it a coup... You might need to go incognito to get past article limit.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/01/06/coup-america-capitol-electoral-college-2020-election/

This one has written books on coups so it's fair to say she's knowledgeable.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/01/13/capitol-invasion-coup-from-below-trump-sisi-egypt/

My only frustration is that you continue to argue in bad faith and refuse to challenge any evidence supplied or answer the questions put to you

I said i rely on coup experts i take their expert opinion over yours, get over it, you can agree with Fiona Hill, i will agree with these coup experts, what is the problem , does everybody have to agree with your opinion?

I can point to other political scientists that consider it a coup... You might need to go incognito to get past article limit.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/01/06/coup-america-capitol-electoral-college-2020-election/

This one has written books on coups so it's fair to say she's knowledgeable.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/01/13/capitol-invasion-coup-from-below-trump-sisi-egypt/

Yes and these guys have written books on coups from the 1950s, i choose to agree with them, if you and others want to agree with your links authors, that's perfectly fine too. Even in them links one expert argues it was not a coup.

I said i rely on coup experts i take their expert opinion over yours, get over it, you can agree with Fiona Hill, i will agree with these coup experts, what is the problem , does everybody have to agree with your opinion?

I asked you to qualify the 'coup experts' opinion from they're practical experience, yet you still wont. That is why I devalued their opinion over Fiona Hill's

I asked you to qualify the 'coup experts' opinion from they're practical experience, yet you still wont. That is why I devalued their opinion over Fiona Hill's

Thats perfectly fine that you don't want to agree with their take on this not being a coup, He seems pretty qualified to comment, much more so than your good self i would suggest.

I am an Associate Professor in the School of Politics, Security, and International Affairs at the University of Central Florida. My research and teaching interests are in the fields of international relations and comparative politics. I am especially interested in dynamics related to conflict and democratization, with a special emphasis on the role civil-military relations plays in these processes. My research has been published in a number of outlets, including the Journal of Conflict Resolution, Journal of Peace Research, African Affairs, Democratization, and Armed Forces & Society. Links to my publications and other projects can be found on my research page.

• Advertisement

Thats perfectly fine that you don't want to agree with their take on this not being a coup, He seems pretty qualified to comment, much more so than your good self i would suggest.

I am an Associate Professor in the School of Politics, Security, and International Affairs at the University of Central Florida. My research and teaching interests are in the fields of international relations and comparative politics. I am especially interested in dynamics related to conflict and democratization, with a special emphasis on the role civil-military relations plays in these processes. My research has been published in a number of outlets, including the Journal of Conflict Resolution, Journal of Peace Research, African Affairs, Democratization, and Armed Forces & Society. Links to my publications and other projects can be found on my research page.

Again for the fourth time, where is his practical experience in the field? Many academics can be published, doesn't mean their opinion is a valid one, unfortunately that comes with experience in positions related to field

Again for the fourth time, where is his practical experience in the field? Many academics can be published, doesn't mean their opinion is a valid one, unfortunately that comes with experience in positions related to field

And I've cited other experts who are equally qualified to comment who disagree.. Can get plenty more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Can we move on from this discussion please. It's derailing the thread completely. Agree to differ and just let it go. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

you are posting videos of people screaming hang pence etc, at protesst over the summer chants of pigs in blankets fry them like bacon, i thought they were wrong but did i think that group were going to go around killing cops and frying them no, sorry i just don't get as revved up about groups of idiots roaring and shouting. A difference of opinion is ok, some of ye really are quite agitated individuals.

The irony, of course, being that the Capitol mob actually did kill a cop, and came pretty close to killing another. That’s some result for just “ranting and shouting”.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I saw a thing a few months ago about a boy
    a ringleader who used to cycle around with his buddies and attack those weaker than him
    a horrible child
    a worse president
    a worse person
    i hate him

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

you are posting videos of people screaming hang pence etc, at protesst over the summer chants of pigs in blankets fry them like bacon, i thought they were wrong but did i think that group were going to go around killing cops and frying them no, sorry i just don't get as revved up about groups of idiots roaring and shouting. A difference of opinion is ok, some of ye really are quite agitated individuals.

You don't get worked up about idiots roaring and shouting, but do when people challenge your positions on a discussion Board?

Is that it?

Again this is all in your opinion that their opinion is not valid, in my opinion seeing as they have dedicated there academic studies to coups their opinions is more than valued. We are going around in circles you agree with Fiona hill i agree with Powell and tyhne, lets leave it at that.

You don't get worked up about idiots roaring and shouting, but do when people challenge your positions on a discussion Board?

Is that it?

If you knew how relaxed i am here at work, you would wonder why i am getting paid today, we disagree people need to get over the fact that we don't all agree on everything.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've amended your original post above - he's demonstrated clear megalomanic type behaviours since day 1.

He reminds me of Robert Maxwell, especially in the time of his demise.

A truly awful man that has caused so much division in America and beyond with his trolling twitter posts. he thought he'd have 4 more years and he's now disintegrating like a spoilt child, just as Robert Maxwell did in his final months.

Do you mean Maxwell or Mugabe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

The responses from Trump loving terrorism supporters have followed the Russian handbook down to the letter as evidenced in this thread since 6th

Remember that time the Russian's shot down a passenger plane, a truly reprehensible event. what were the replies online from their bot army?

* It was ukranians (this time "it was antifa" posts)
    * Whatabout <INSERT_SOMETHING> (this time "whatabout <INSERT_SOMETHING>" )
    * It was confused for a military plane hence justified (this time "election was stolen hence coup is justified" )
    * The advanced antiaircraft missile truck drove itself across border and shot itself (this time we have any number of incoherent arguments)
    * It fell itself (this time posters argue "they were there for a peaceful tea and a chat" )

Same tactics, same downplaying of a reprehensible act with needless loss of life, same diversions in the hope we all forget and everyone moves onto the next outrage commited, each time the ante is upped. Each time the divisions are widened. Each time we depart further from reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firehose_of_falsehood

If Biden does one thing i hope its a criplling sanctions against Putin his money and his cronies, we in the west do not want to slide into the dystopian oligarchical fascism that Russia has become, just ask any normal Russian how they feel, it be along the lines of "XYX happened and then it got worse"
    FBI are apparently also investigating foreign involvement in the plot on the 6th https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fbi-investigating-if-foreign-actors-funded-capitol-rioters-report/ar-BB1cOWug
    I think given the number of weddings funerals bombed and civilian deaths I think you'd have to say obama is far more the terrorist than Trump, but again it's not popular to say that, so you shouldn't say it. But keep up the racist war loving narrative that it's different when it happens in America. What happened in Hong Kong was supported in the Capitol, but when the roadshow comes to the capitol it's terrorism. The Capitol supported riots and said the violence was peaceful, but when it hits where they work, it's terrorism. So elitism and racism - cool!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement