Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

yagan wrote: »
    You persistently cite a violent mob taking over the capital of power as not a coup.

I know you'll retort by saying "they were just nutters". They attacked the building with a specific political goal, to stop election results being conferred.

How much organisation and coordination was involved is still being uncovered, but the crime was committed.

You've persistently said it wasn't a coup when trying to overthrow the democratic process by force is the very definition of coup.

Mods. The poster is trying to redefine what coup means.

Mod:

And I told you all to drop it and move on. Final warning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

newhouse87 wrote: »
    everybody's point here is meaningless so.
    They are. No one will change any policy in US from reading boards. Most boardies won't even change their minds. Time for an ould sandwich?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,460 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think given the number of weddings funerals bombed and civilian deaths I think you'd have to say obama is far more the terrorist than Trump, but again it's not popular to say that, so you shouldn't say it. But keep up the racist war loving narrative that it's different when it happens in America. What happened in Hong Kong was supported in the Capitol, but when the roadshow comes to the capitol it's terrorism. The Capitol supported riots and said the violence was peaceful, but when it hits where they work, it's terrorism. So elitism and racism - cool!

Find me Trumps transparent record of drone strikes?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/05/22/obama-drones-trump-killings-count/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47480207

• Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

New York Times has an interesting report on the Trump administrations latest scandal - pardons for cash

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/17/us/politics/trump-pardons.html
    A onetime top adviser to the Trump campaign was paid $50,000 to help seek a pardon for John Kiriakou, a former C.I.A. officer convicted of illegally disclosing classified information, and agreed to a $50,000 bonus if the president granted it, according to a copy of an agreement.

And Mr. Kiriakou was separately told that Mr. Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani could help him secure a pardon for $2 million. Mr. Kiriakou rejected the offer, but an associate, fearing that Mr. Giuliani was illegally selling pardons, alerted the F.B.I. Mr. Giuliani challenged this characterization.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,715 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see a Swiss company say they have tracked down the two people behind QAnon.

I'm surprised Anonymous with all there big talking on Twitter about ending corruption in the world with all there hackers haven't been after them and unmasking the Q or Q's publicly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Lindsey Graham hammering home the message that the GOP is the party of 'Law and Order'.

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1350836851259682817

Oh wait, actually he is not doing that at all.

How convenient for Lindsey Graham.

Suddenly it's all about "healing" and all that puff nonsense.

What does Trump have on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

This is the same Lindsay Graham that was the most vocal member of the Senate re: Benghazi and even when the Republican dominated committee found Obama and his team completely innocent of any wrong doing he wouldn't accept the results

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Trump is the worst
    he should never have happened
    as a child he (as the ringleader) used cycle around the small town he was from picking on people weaker than
    small town boy
    small willy, I reckon
    and cant spoke god unglish

robinph wrote: »
    Do you mean Maxwell or Mugabe?

I clearly said Robert Maxwell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I clearly said Robert Maxwell.

But didn't he steal some pension funds and fall off the back of a boat? Not seeing the obvious comparison to Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

How convenient for Lindsey Graham.

Suddenly it's all about "healing" and all that puff nonsense.

What does Trump have on him?

Think they may be motivated by wanting to appear to not have abandoned the GOP cause or also maybe that if Trump is not impeached, the heat will come off with respect to who did and said what leading up to the and on the 6th.

If Trump is impeached by the Senate, it will motivate people to then point a finger at Ted Cruz, Boebert, Hawley, Brooks et al. All of which will give very significant campaign advertising footage to Democrats going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Think they may be motivated by wanting to appear to not have abandoned the GOP cause or also maybe that if Trump is not impeached, the heat will come off with respect to who did and said what leading up to the and on the 6th.

If Trump is impeached by the Senate, it will motivate people to then point a finger at Ted Cruz, Boebert, Hawley, Brooks et al. All of which will give very significant campaign advertising footage to Democrats going forward.
    If trump isn’t impeached, the GOP will be held ransom to Trump’s 2024 election campaign for the next 3 years. They have to impeach him for their own good, as well as the good of their country and the world at large

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭briany

Probably worth remembering that Graham was a prominent figure in urging that Bill Clinton be removed from office for carnal knowledge with a WH aide, and probably wouldn't say boo if the Republicans made a motion to impeach Joe Biden for being 'a bit dodgy' (in their opinion). I don't think he'd be crying about healing if it were a Democrat in the dock, no matter how frivolous the charge, instead happily riving the divide even further with a giant metaphorical crowbar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Bill Maher can fcuk off really he gave Kellyanne Conway a platform to keep lying so he could have a joke.

Giving these people a platform now just normalizes the propaganda they spouted and keep spouting.

Bill Maher can fcuk off really he gave Kellyanne Conway a platform to keep lying so he could have a joke.

Giving these people a platform now just normalizes the propaganda they spouted and keep spouting.

A really poor effort from Bill, considering he's spent so long railing against Trump and co. She deflected everything and he let her away with it.

I watched the interview. Had to turn it off before the end. She is insufferable and he allowed her do what she always does - diversion/change the topic.

That's her MO.

I can't stand her.

In marked contrast to the current occupant of the White House the Biden administration already laying out it's stall when it comes to Russia.

https://twitter.com/jakejsullivan/status/1350893957375471628

To my knowledge Trump never criticised Putin or Russia once throughout his term. I'm happy to be corrected on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Trump is the worst
    he should never have happened
    as a child he (as the ringleader) used cycle around the small town he was from picking on people weaker than
    small town boy
    small willy, I reckon
    and cant spoke god unglish

Are these all part of a poem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

New York Times has an interesting report on the Trump administrations latest scandal - pardons for cash

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/17/us/politics/trump-pardons.html

How much was Joe Exotic willing to pay again?

Ah memories

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1259959091704799233

Oh i'd love to see one last Trump press conference, just one more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The Mooch thinks Trump will be locked away at some point...

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/1350919278317469696

He might get prosecuted but if he gets sentenced, I suspect it would be house arrest. Jail time would be a big security issue that they wouldn't even risk with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭briany

The Mooch thinks Trump will be locked away at some point...

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/1350919278317469696

What legal case does Trump have the most to fear from, in a prison way, immediately after he stops being President?

Tim Cook has said Apple will let Parler back on its platform if they sort out there moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,792 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

briany wrote: »
    What legal case does Trump have the most to fear from, in a prison way, immediately after he stops being President?

Probably NYC, either Tish James or Cy Vance.

They are fairly advanced.

Serious legal issues in Washington and Georgia too methinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tim Cook has said Apple will let Parler back on its platform if they sort out there moderation.

I guess they'll have to find a host first...

Their highly skilled development team hosted in Amazon because it basically does all the work for them.

They might struggle without that level of service support out of the box.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement