Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Has there been any legislation produced by Trump in the last 6 months?

It seems he has done nothing other than playing golf, tweeting, campaigning, sulking, pardoning people.

Don't know would many people argue that Trump not commenting on Russian Bounties on US soldiers being a good thing.

Link

Well I wouldn't be a fan of US troops, so I'm not that bothered about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭Christy42

I am pretty sure the US president is supposed to be a fan of US troops as a whole...

Christy42 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure the US president is supposed to be a fan of US troops as a whole...

We already knew the American elite don't care about US soldiers.

Trump was just bad at concealing that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I've never defended Trump once.

8 hours later...

Not a troll though, right?

• Advertisement

8 hours later...

Not a troll though, right?

Me not being a fan of US troops is a defence of Trump.

How'd you arrive at that conclusion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Has there been any legislation produced by Trump in the last 6 months?

It seems he has done nothing other than playing golf, tweeting, campaigning, sulking, pardoning people.

Remember the Covid situation is still fairly bad in America....so he has been too busy ignoring that for the past 6 months to find the time to pass legislation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Me not being a fan of US troops is a defence of Trump.

How'd you arrive at that conclusion?

You appear to be going to great lengths to prevent criticizing him.

Isn't there enough people doing it? It's either that or else the crazy people saying he was a great president.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Remember the Covid situation is still fairly bad in America....so he has been too busy ignoring that for the past 6 months to find the time to pass legislation.

My point is that he has done nothing. Nothing at all.

People worrying about nuclear codes. I suspect he's been eying up his post office media career since the election

I get the vibe off him that nothing bothers or phases him. He is completely at ease with himself and sleeps soundly.

• Advertisement

I've never defended Trump once.

You have literally spent years complaining about his shortcomings being discussed on one of the most popular current affairs radio shows in the country.

Given the amount you posted to that effect on that thread, and the amount at which you have engaged in discussion on the topic here, you absolutely are coming across to me as a defender of Trump.

listermint wrote: »
    I guess they'll have to find a host first...

Their highly skilled development team hosted in Amazon because it basically does all the work for them.

They might struggle without that level of service support out of the box.

Its coding was described as basically a bad first year college assignment
    https://www.wired.com/story/parler-hack-data-public-posts-images-video/

By highly skilled development team in Amazon, I'm assuming that you mean those that build the aws platform and associated tools, they didn't do any work on the actual app itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I get the vibe off him that nothing bothers or phases him. He is completely at ease with himself and sleeps soundly.

lol, everything bothers him; he's the most thin-skinned man around. His constant petty vendettas are proof of that.

You have literally spent years complaining about his shortcomings being discussed on one of the most popular current affairs radio shows in the country.

Given the amount you posted to that effect on that thread, and the amount at which you have engaged in discussion on the topic here, you absolutely are coming across to me as a defender of Trump.

Well I know that you respect people's opinions which is good to hear.

And to literally defend him: "resist an attack made on (someone or something); protect from harm or danger... speak or write in favour of (an action or person); attempt to justify."

Apparently if Trump doesn't care about the troops, it's only because nobody does (with no evidence thereof) and thus justifiable.

And to literally defend him: "resist an attack made on (someone or something); protect from harm or danger... speak or write in favour of (an action or person); attempt to justify."

Apparently if Trump doesn't care about the troops, it's only because nobody does (with no evidence thereof) and thus justifiable.

I just don't like what American troops have done in the past 70 years.

You're confusing defence for Trump with my own anti American imperialism.

You can criticise US foreign policy without being seen as a Trump supporter surely?

So you just arguing and defending Trump on an Internet forum for sake of being edgy and contrary?

People keep responding to me. I'm not spouting out Trump rubbish about a stolen election or other such nonsense. So I suppose some of the Trump followers aren't able to deal with that.

I'm also generally anti American and believe America has had a negative impact on world affairs.

Presidents come and go. I never got fussed or concerned about Trump.

So you just arguing and defending Trump on an Internet forum for sake of being edgy and contrary?
    Thats pretty much all it ever is with their posts, in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Is this the denial stage of grief?

People keep responding to me. I'm not spouting out Trump rubbish about a stolen election or other such nonsense. So I suppose some of the Trump followers aren't able to deal with that.

I'm also generally anti American and believe America has had a negative impact on world affairs.

Presidents come and go. I never got fussed or concerned about Trump.

Many posts on him being spoken about negatively on Irish radio would indicate otherwise.

I don't care either way. Be a fan, if you wish, but it's not unreasonable for people to point it out here given the angle your posts seem to be taking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,188 ✭✭✭✭briany

Presidents come and go but this particular President came particularly close to embracing fascism, racism and encouraged acts of terrorism to overthrow the democratic will of the people don’t you agree?

Trump will obviously deny that he encouraged an act of terror to overthrow the result, but it is undeniable that he had no respect for the democratic process when it didn't favour him and had no qualms about sowing doubt in it and calling for its subversion based on...a hunch.

That by itself is a level of rhetoric that would have been completely unimaginable 10 years ago. If he could have bypassed that certification, he would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

briany wrote: »
    Trump will obviously deny that he encouraged an act of terror to overthrow the result, but it is undeniable that he had no respect for the democratic process when it didn't favour him and had no qualms about sowing doubt in it and calling for its subversion based on...a hunch.

That by itself is a level of rhetoric that would have been completely unimaginable 10 years ago. If he could have bypassed that certification, he would have.

You're probably giving him too much credit there tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

I think given the number of weddings funerals bombed and civilian deaths I think you'd have to say obama is far more the terrorist than Trump, but again it's not popular to say that, so you shouldn't say it. But keep up the racist war loving narrative that it's different when it happens in America. What happened in Hong Kong was supported in the Capitol, but when the roadshow comes to the capitol it's terrorism. The Capitol supported riots and said the violence was peaceful, but when it hits where they work, it's terrorism. So elitism and racism - cool!
    Comparing HK protestors entering Legco to the Capitol riot is absolutely laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Cody montana

CBC News: Joe Biden is planning to cancel the Keystone XL pipeline permit via executive action on his first day in office.

And so it begins.
    Great news.

Also, 2 days, 2 days people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,035 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1350987836342865922?s=19

How many for immediate friends and family?

The law and order party?

Draining the swamp?

How ****ing gullible his supporters are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

My point is that he has done nothing. Nothing at all.

People worrying about nuclear codes. I suspect he's been eying up his post office media career since the election

This type of post leads one to believe either you actually admire him and support him or you haven't a clue.

The man is like a child. He constantly gets riled up by others. Reporters, the media, members of Congress, Rose O'Donnell ffs!

He goes on big tweet sessions with blathering nonsense about whatever slight or injustice he feels he is not under.

And, if all that wasn't enough, he has just spent the last two months having a very public meltdown about losing.

How you can see all of that and think that "nothing bothers or phases him" is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Leroy42 wrote: »
    This type of post leads one to believe either you actually admire him and support him or you haven't a clue.

The man is like a child. He constantly gets riled up by others. Reporters, the media, members of Congress, Rose O'Donnell ffs!

He goes on big tweet sessions with blathering nonsense about whatever slight or injustice he feels he is not under.

And, if all that wasn't enough, he has just spent the last two months having a very public meltdown about losing.

How you can see all of that and think that "nothing bothers or phases him" is beyond me.

Not to mention any press conference or interview he's asked any moderately difficult question.

Though, I do think he likely does sleep soundly and isn't bothered a lot of the time, but thats more to do with extreme narcissism and believing he's entirely right and justified in everything he does all the time rather than being easy-going.

A President sleeping soundly amidst the impact of the coronavirus and the level of civil unrest in his country is not a good characteristic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I just don't like what American troops have done in the past 70 years.

They don't decide foreign policy though, they just follow orders. Your disdain should be directed at their superiors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Its coding was described as basically a bad first year college assignment
    https://www.wired.com/story/parler-hack-data-public-posts-images-video/

By highly skilled development team in Amazon, I'm assuming that you mean those that build the aws platform and associated tools, they didn't do any work on the actual app itself.

I was being sarkey with the highly skilled :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1350987836342865922?s=19

How many for immediate friends and family?

The law and order party?

Draining the swamp?

How ****ing gullible his supporters are

Should be a fun day.... fingers crossed lil’ Wayne gets his pardon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement