Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

My point is that he has done nothing. Nothing at all.

People worrying about nuclear codes. I suspect he's been eying up his post office media career since the election

I get the vibe off him that nothing bothers or phases him. He is completely at ease with himself and sleeps soundly.

This type of post leads one to believe either you actually admire him and support him or you haven't a clue.

The man is like a child. He constantly gets riled up by others. Reporters, the media, members of Congress, Rose O'Donnell ffs!

He goes on big tweet sessions with blathering nonsense about whatever slight or injustice he feels he is not under.

And, if all that wasn't enough, he has just spent the last two months having a very public meltdown about losing.

How you can see all of that and think that "nothing bothers or phases him" is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,844 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Leroy42 wrote: »
    This type of post leads one to believe either you actually admire him and support him or you haven't a clue.

The man is like a child. He constantly gets riled up by others. Reporters, the media, members of Congress, Rose O'Donnell ffs!

He goes on big tweet sessions with blathering nonsense about whatever slight or injustice he feels he is not under.

And, if all that wasn't enough, he has just spent the last two months having a very public meltdown about losing.

How you can see all of that and think that "nothing bothers or phases him" is beyond me.

Not to mention any press conference or interview he's asked any moderately difficult question.

Though, I do think he likely does sleep soundly and isn't bothered a lot of the time, but thats more to do with extreme narcissism and believing he's entirely right and justified in everything he does all the time rather than being easy-going.

A President sleeping soundly amidst the impact of the coronavirus and the level of civil unrest in his country is not a good characteristic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I just don't like what American troops have done in the past 70 years.

They don't decide foreign policy though, they just follow orders. Your disdain should be directed at their superiors.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Its coding was described as basically a bad first year college assignment
    https://www.wired.com/story/parler-hack-data-public-posts-images-video/

By highly skilled development team in Amazon, I'm assuming that you mean those that build the aws platform and associated tools, they didn't do any work on the actual app itself.

I was being sarkey with the highly skilled :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1350987836342865922?s=19

How many for immediate friends and family?

The law and order party?

Draining the swamp?

How ****ing gullible his supporters are

Should be a fun day.... fingers crossed lil’ Wayne gets his pardon

• Advertisement

Should be a fun day.... fingers crossed lil’ Wayne gets his pardon

I'm hoping for Joe Exotic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,444 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'm hoping for Joe Exotic

Joe offered to spend $50k in a trump facility with the view to get one, which is $1,950,000 shy of the going rate

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

If you have the time watch this 3 part documentary about Trump & Russia

fascinating

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Perhaps joe could throw in 2 tigers to sweeten the deal and Trump could start his own vegas show. I believe an opening has recently appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭briany

Perhaps joe could throw in 2 tigers to sweeten the deal and Trump could start his own vegas show. I believe an opening has recently appeared.

It's funny to think that Don Jr watched Tiger King and his big take-away was, "Wow! I didn't know you could buy a tiger for 2 grand!! I'd buy a tiger for 2 grand!!"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Don't think he loses any sleep over anything much. He's confident that he is the greatest mind on the planet, the healthiest person on the planet and has never done anything even slightly wrong or less than totally awesome in his life.

He totally doesn't understand why not everyone thinks he's awesome as well though, just that won't cause him anything other than confusion in the moment. Nothing much to get worried about and he'll have forgotten whatever it was overnight until the next person comes along and doesn't adore him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

robinph wrote: »
    Don't think he loses any sleep over anything much. He's confident that he is the greatest mind on the planet, the healthiest person on the planet and has never done anything even slightly wrong or less than totally awesome in his life.

He totally doesn't understand why not everyone thinks he's awesome as well though, just that won't cause him anything other than confusion in the moment. Nothing much to get worried about and he'll have forgotten whatever it was overnight until the next person comes along and doesn't adore him.

That certainly is the vibe he tries to portray, but he falls down because he clearly cares what people think of him.

He attacks anybody that makes him look bad, he carries massive grudges. This is not a man that simply ignores negative feedback. I agree that he believes himself to be right mos of the time, but criticism really stings him, he is easily riled up.

Pelosi got completely the better of him nearly everytime.

That is why is swings widely from extremes. One minute he is calling out the Covid relief package as a scam, then he wants it, then he calls for all discussion to be stopped, before he claims that the democrats are holding it up and finally saying it doesn't go far enough.

It is all because he sees what people are saying about him and tries to correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Leroy42 wrote: »
    That certainly is the vibe he tries to portray, but he falls down because he clearly cares what people think of him.

He attacks anybody that makes him look bad, he carries massive grudges. This is not a man that simply ignores negative feedback. I agree that he believes himself to be right mos of the time, but criticism really stings him, he is easily riled up.

Pelosi got completely the better of him nearly everytime.

That is why is swings widely from extremes. One minute he is calling out the Covid relief package as a scam, then he wants it, then he calls for all discussion to be stopped, before he claims that the democrats are holding it up and finally saying it doesn't go far enough.

It is all because he sees what people are saying about him and tries to correct.

You're absolutely right. He tried to bully then 16 year old Greta Thunberg on Twitter because she won an award that he wanted.... And she made mincemeat of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭yagan

he actually managed to alienate all of us allied and cozied up to dictators, his boot licking of Putin alone was incredible to watch. Never has a president been reduced to such a clear puppet for world to see. Much alpha male he is bending over for Putin and spreading his cheeks
    Bush Jr was extremely pally with Putin too, but that got a pass as the enemy at the time was supposedly radical Islam, which brings me unto what I consider the weirdest photo of Trump's foreign trips, that one in Saudi Arabia where he places his hands covetously on a glowing globe of the earth. Super creepy channeling his personal god complex.

I don't think Trump is a puppet, he's a user and everything he has said and done has been about personal positioning and nothing to do with duty of office.

yagan wrote: »
    Bush Jr was extremely pally with Putin too, but that got a pass as the enemy at the time was supposedly radical Islam, which brings me unto what I consider the weirdest photo of Trump's foreign trips, that one in Saudi Arabia where he places his hands covetously on a glowing globe of the earth. Super creepy channeling his personal god complex.

I don't think Trump is a puppet, he's a user and everything he has said and done has been about personal positioning and nothing to do with duty of office.

being friendly with somebody is not the same as being their bitch. Trump is putins bitch. He never criticises him. Putin put a bounty on the heads of US soldiers and Trump said nothing.

being friendly with somebody is not the same as being their bitch. Trump is putins bitch. He never criticises him. Putin put a bounty on the heads of US soldiers and Trump said nothing.
    I'd say it's more to do with Putin plámasing Trumps ego, as Trump only takes orders from his own ego.

That last address he made was the most presidential thing he's done in his term, and he only did it to protect the Trump brand into the future!

Every other divisive pronouncement he rambled and railed purely to inflate his own position. Putin never had to do a thing to undermine the USA when Trump's ego was in charge. As Napoleon said never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

I hate conspiracy theories but the fact remains that the only person Trump never sharted on is Putin, everyone in his circle got shafted, even his family, some are in prison other supporters are on way there.

But never ever has he said anything remotely negative about Putin and this is a fella who bullies everyone and has no self control. No Putin has him by balls and i suspect it’s not some tape but something financial with Trumps businesses laundering money, which will come out once investigations resume in a couple of days.
    Trump didn't shart on Putin because Putin never said anything negative and Trump admired Putin's strong man persona and his national personality cult.

If Trump had won in November he'd be now campaigning for the lifting of the two terms presidential limit.

Trump didn't shart on Putin because Putin never said anything negative and Trump admired Putin's strong man persona and his national personality cult.

If Trump had won in November he'd be now campaigning for the lifting of the two terms presidential limit.

Putin put a bounty on the heads of the troops for whom Trump is the commander-in-chief. Trump knew and said nothing. No condemnation. Trump is putin's bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭briany

Putin put a bounty on the heads of the troops for whom Trump is the commander-in-chief. Trump knew and said nothing. No condemnation. Trump is putin's bitch.

Not entirely true. Trump did know and did speak about the issue. His reaction was not to condemn Putin, but rather to call it a hoax and question the intelligence behind the claim.

It's hard to know with Trump if he was covering for Russia, or if it was because that's just the way he tends to respond when he perceives someone to be having a pop at him.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jul/23/hillary-clinton/fact-checking-hillary-clinton-donald-trumps-respon/

• Putin put a bounty on the heads of the troops for whom Trump is the commander-in-chief. Trump knew and said nothing. No condemnation. Trump is putin's bitch.

Thats the most telling for me that Trump is compromised. Had a 90 minute meeting with Putin, I believe it was John Bolton!? who focused his mind on that agenda item and he never even brought it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Yeah he is Putins Puppet alright.

Us intelligence told me Russia interfered in the election but Putin just told me they didn't so Ill believe him obviously..

https://youtu.be/2-Xw0_2eMJg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Thats the most telling for me that Trump is compromised. Had a 90 minute meeting with Putin, I believe it was John Bolton!? who focused his mind on that agenda item and he never even brought it up.

Trump has been obsessive about destroying papertrails throughout his administration. He has requested the transcripts of his conversations with putin and had them shredded. Hes destroyed alot of other paperwork too. Theres only one reason that someone spends that much time making sure that records are compromised.

briany wrote: »
    Not entirely true. Trump did know and did speak about the issue. His reaction was not to condemn Putin, but rather to call it a hoax and question the intelligence behind the claim.

It's hard to know with Trump if he was covering for Russia, or if it was because that's just the way he tends to respond when he perceives someone to be having a pop at him.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jul/23/hillary-clinton/fact-checking-hillary-clinton-donald-trumps-respon/

so he ignores his own intelligence people and believes Putin. Trump is putins bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I hate conspiracy theories but the fact remains that the only person Trump never sharted on is Putin, everyone in his circle got shafted, even his family, some are in prison other supporters are on way there.

But never ever has he said anything remotely negative about Putin and this is a fella who bullies everyone and has no self control. No Putin has him by balls and i suspect it’s not some tape but something financial with Trumps businesses laundering money, which will come out once investigations resume in a couple of days.

Well there is a rumour Trump got a huge loan in around 2014 of about $400m from Deutsche Bank, and the ones stumping up the cash were Russian oligarchs with close ties to Putin. So IF its true, would have to wonder what the terms of the loan were and what Trump would have to give up if he has to pay up (since he is cash short but asset heavy). Would be something huge for Putin to dangle over Trump:

"Oh yes do what I want here or they will call in the debt and take Trump Tower/Mara Lago off you!"

Imagine what that would do to his narcissism, risking losing his pride and joys.

But, until he releases his tax returns (or the IRS subpoenas can no longer be held back with "..but Im the President!" law suits by Trump), we wont know anything.

Didn't Trump call dead soldiers losers?

Even Putin must have thought WTF! Number one rule in building a strongman national personality cult is to align with the military, not alienate it!

I still wouldn't call Trump anyone's bitch as they excuses his narcissism and that of his followers. Blaming Putin or some other is the very kind of thing a narcissistic Trumper would do when confronted with consequences of their own actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

It’s also worth noting that Trump instructed aides not to take or to stop taking notes during at least 1 call with Putin.

No doubt it was a perfect call though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No chance. It's not that simple.

Trump is a strong man.... Well in his own mind he is. Putin put bounties on American soldiers lives.

Trump being the strongman he is did nothing at all. All those times he showed force when he felt he was or the country was wronged there's dozens of examples where he tweeted out negative responses playing the hard man.

Nothing at all ever on Putin not a zip,but positive things to say.

If anyone believes trump isn't either heavily in debt to Putin or Putin allies or that he has something absolutely explosive on trump, at this point your head is in the clouds.

• Advertisement

Smee_Again wrote: »
    It’s also worth noting that Trump instructed aides not to take or to stop taking notes during at least 1 call with Putin.

No doubt it was a perfect call though.

there was one meeting where the only people in the room were trump, putin and putins interpreter. Trumps translator was not invited. All very not normal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement