Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭yagan

listermint wrote: »
    No chance. It's not that simple.

Trump is a strong man.... Well in his own mind he is. Putin put bounties on American soldiers lives.

Trump being the strongman he is did nothing at all. All those times he showed force when he felt he was or the country was wronged there's dozens of examples where he tweeted out negative responses playing the hard man.

Nothing at all ever on Putin not a zip,but positive things to say.

If anyone believes trump isn't either heavily in debt to Putin or Putin allies or that he has something absolutely explosive on trump, at this point your head is in the clouds.
    Trump is also reportedly selling pardons for $2m a pop. He's transactional but a the centre of his is world is him, and he'll take money from Russians, Arabs, etc.. it doesn't matter and that's why I still contend he's not anyone's bitch.

He simply has zero standards because he is the centre of his own universe. That's why so many evangelicals got caught up in him, he promises both salvation and damnation, the very core of the calvinist puritanism of the USA and ulster unionism.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭briany

yagan wrote: »
    Didn't Trump call dead soldiers losers?

Even Putin must have thought WTF! Number one rule in building a strongman national personality cult is to align with the military, not alienate it!

I still wouldn't call Trump anyone's bitch as they excuses his narcissism and that of his followers. Blaming Putin or some other is the very kind of thing a narcissistic Trumper would do when confronted with consequences of their own actions.

The 'losers' thing was something he was reported as saying, similar to the time he allegedly asked if they could drop a nuke into a hurricane. We don't *know* that he said it, although I'm not saying I put it past him to have said either, given the kinds of things that he *is* on record saying. For example, he did call McCain a loser, when McCain was still alive, in the context of McCain losing 2008 against Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1350987836342865922?s=19

How many for immediate friends and family?

The law and order party?

Draining the swamp?

How ****ing gullible his supporters are

Jimmy Carter pardoned over 500 people in his final days in office.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Whataboutery at its finest.

But were any of them sold...

Clinton received donations from pardonees according to the NYT.

Not a peep will be said about abolishing the practice from either party this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

How many of them were for business, family or personal acquaintances?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

briany wrote: »
    The 'losers' thing was something he was reported as saying, similar to the time he allegedly asked if they could drop a nuke into a hurricane. We don't *know* that he said it, although I'm not saying I put it past him to have said either, given the kinds of things that he *is* on record saying. For example, he did call McCain a loser, when McCain was still alive, in the context of McCain losing 2008 against Obama.

He also said the only reason McCain was a war hero was because he was captured. He said that on camera.

Disgraceful comment for anyone to make not least Trump who famously dodged military service.

The GOP were truly spineless to abandon their values in order to stick with Trump and hold onto power.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,444 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Not a peep will be said about abolishing the practice from either party this week.

Citation?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,457 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

How many of them were for business, family or personal acquaintances?

Or co conspirators?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Any background information on this.

I'd appreciate details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

The pardon system is abused by all presidents.

It needs reform but that wont happen in the partisan USA political process.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

He did not.

He pardoned 534 people over his entire term of office (566 including clemencies and rescinded convictions).

Only 74 of the pardons, and 7 of the clemencies were in 1981, his final weeks of office. His most active year was 1978, his second year in office.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/clemency-statistics#carter

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

threeball wrote: »
    Trump has been obsessive about destroying papertrails throughout his administration. He has requested the transcripts of his conversations with putin and had them shredded. Hes destroyed alot of other paperwork too. Theres only one reason that someone spends that much time making sure that records are compromised.

Its all beginning to come out now, apparently it was the norm for Trump to rip up official government documents at his desk and then White House archivists had to get the sellotape out and put them back together
    Historians having to tape together records that Trump tore up
    Implications for public record and legal proceedings after administration seized or destroyed papers, notes and other information

The public will not see Donald Trump’s White House records for years, but there is growing concern the collection will never be complete – leaving a hole in the history of one of America’s most tumultuous presidencies. Trump has been cavalier about the law requiring that records be preserved. He has a habit of ripping up documents before tossing them out, forcing White House workers to spend hours taping them back together.

White House staff quickly learned about Trump’s disregard for documents as they witnessed him tearing them up and discarding them. “My director came up to me and said, ‘You have to tape these together,’” said Solomon Lartey, a former White House records analyst. The first document he taped back together was a letter from Chuck Schumer, the Democratic leader in the Senate, about a government shutdown. “They told [Trump] to stop doing it. He didn’t want to stop.”
    https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/23c58d7e05d591a0a85ecbb2d7b8f13ac4e0c2a4/59_421_4979_2987/master/4979.jpg?width=445&quality=45&auto=format&fit=max&dpr=2&

If you follow that link there is a photo there of stacks of boxes of paperwork being removed from the White House last Thursday. There is also a solid hammer with the Trump name emblazoned on it, presumably a diplomatic present from some government looking to massage his ego

There is also this
    Trump’s staff also engaged in questionable practices by using private emails and messaging apps. Former White House counsel Don McGahn in February 2017 sent a memo that instructed employees not to use non-official text messaging apps or private email accounts. If they did, he said, they had to take screenshots of the material and copy it into official email accounts, which are preserved. He sent the memo back out in September 2017.

In the Trump White House “not only has record-keeping not been a priority, but we have multiple examples of it seeking to conceal or destroy that record”, said Richard Immerman, from the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations.

Some irony there given the storm Trump created about Hillarys email server when he own staff were doing the exact same thing. In fact in the early days of his presidency Ivanka got caught using a personal email address to conduct government business.

The best way to prove your a Patriot is selling government equipment and data to the Russians

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1351023455496531975?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He did not.

He pardoned 534 people over his entire term of office (566 including clemencies and rescinded convictions).

Only 74 of the pardons, and 7 of the clemencies were in 1981, his final weeks of office. His most active year was 1978, his second year in office.

I don’t support Trump...but watch me deflect with lies.....again.

He did not.

Shocking numbers.

Shocking numbers.

It’s just shocking, Joe, absolutely shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Overheal wrote: »
    It’s just shocking, Joe, absolutely shocking

Joe Biden ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Shocking numbers. lies

:rolleyes:

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Joe Biden ?

Just awful Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I see it's back to spreading disinformation to try and defend Trump again. Anything for attention, I guess.

I see it's back to spreading disinformation to try and defend Trump again. Anything for attention, I guess.

Apologism at its finest.

Bill-OReilly-Putin-Is-A-Killer-Trump-What-Do-You-Think-Our-Countrys-So-Innocent.jpg

It's an open forum. That's how this thing works. People say stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

Apologism at its finest.

Bill-OReilly-Putin-Is-A-Killer-Trump-What-Do-You-Think-Our-Countrys-So-Innocent.jpg
    Rather ironically, it's about the only thing he said as President that's perfectly true and insightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The best way to prove your a Patriot is selling government equipment and data to the Russians

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1351023455496531975?s=21

How would you even go about doing this as a regular person? Phone up the Russian embassy and ask for the shady section?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Carter pardoned hundreds of thousands apparently, including Trump himself I guess:

https://www.history.com/.amp/this-day-in-history/president-carter-pardons-draft-dodgers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Apologism at its finest.

Pretty much, I've taken to just not directly responding to it. It's not like the daily contradictions are an accident, at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,725 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Shocking numbers.

Please elaborate, the full list is here for all presidents, do some analysis instead of being a trumpeter:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_pardoned_or_granted_clemency_by_the_president_of_the_United_States

What does stand out in the case of trump is that

a) up till now his pardon rate has been quite low, but waiting for the final total
    b) they are almost all people who have been involved in criminality related to trump himself, other presidents were altruistic with pardsons, donny was only interested in those doing favours for donny.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He did not.

Shocking numbers.

what is shocking is your ridiculous lie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,844 ✭✭✭✭Penn

what is shocking is your ridiculous lie.

What I always picture when stuff like this happens

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement