Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Overheal wrote: »
    We're not goldfish, ex, you don't just start moaning about the weather one minute and everyone in the room forgets what your opinions and motives are.

Is Biden high risk? Yes
    Is he nearly 80 ? Yes
    Is he the incoming potus? Yes
    Is it sensible for him to take the vaccine due to risk levels? Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Such civil protest happening in Salem, OR right now

bdacc44a-14e6-422f-9a41-69881fb8165c-20201221AntilockdownProtest_BCH151.jpg?width=660&height=485&format=pjpg&auto=webp

Weird, when it's a right-wing inspired riot, the police officer doesn't crack open your skull:

13a585d0-f572-4f3c-9cc2-051817b4633e-20201221AntilockdownProtest_BCH507.jpg?width=660&height=440&format=pjpg&auto=webp

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/politics/2020/12/21/protesters-gather-oregon-legislature-starts-special-session/3993102001/
    Monday’s special session at the Oregon Capitol was slightly disrupted as protestors – who appeared to oppose policies closing certain businesses to slow the spread of the coronavirus – tried in vain to get into a largely-empty Capitol.

"We're standing up for our constitutional rights to be here for this legislative hearing and for our rights to re-open the state of Oregon," said protester Crystal Wagner.

"Why are they having a legislative hearing without the people?" Wagner said. "We are the people, we are the taxpayers. We're here to fight for our democracy."

Aside from dozens of police officers from the Salem Police Department and the Oregon State Police, lawmakers, some staff and reporters were the only ones permitted inside the building..

Oregon State Police said at about 8:30 a.m. protestors entered the building and at least one used "chemical agents" on officers.

Two hours later, state police and Salem police started to push people out of the Capitol. Bear spray was used against police.

“At one point we used pepper balls. I don’t know what else," said Lt. Treven Upkes of Salem Police. "When people attempted to come into the building they actually used pepper spray and other things on officers. In return, we used those to separate ourselves and get them to hold that spot. So I don’t know what all was used but I know at least pepper ball was used.

"There may have been other chemical munitions used by the crowd as well on us that seemed to have acted similar to …a CS gas,” Upkes said.

Just before 11 a.m., a few protesters unlocked the gated fence surrounding the Capitol steps. Once unlocked, several protesters began to remove the tarp covering the two marble reliefs that were defaced during the first week of protests this summer.

Police made at least two arrests. One of those arrested was identified by Oregon State Police as Ryan Lyles, 41. Lyles was taken to Marion County Jail on multiple charges including trespassing and assaulting a police officer.

At 1:30 p.m. a group of protesters smashed glass doors on the west end of the Capitol, trying to enter the building. Oregon State Police announced there was at least one arrest made following the vandalism.
    While protesters were swarming the doors, a Statesman Journal photographer was repeatedly shoved by a group of protesters for capturing the incident.

At one point, a fire alarm was triggered but was later found to be a false alarm.

A short time later, there was a brief standoff between protesters and police department officers in SWAT gear at the intersection of Court and Capitol streets NE.

"Do what's right," one protester said to the officers. "You can stand with us."

Inside the Capitol, State Sen. Shemia Fagan, D-Portland – who will be sworn in as Secretary of State come January – passed through the hallway a short distance away from where protestors were confronting police.

“It’s unnerving,” Fagan said. “It doesn’t feel normal. And it feels really sad."

Court Street NE beginning at 12th Street was closed to traffic in front of the Capitol but was reopened by around 2:30 p.m.

The crowd mostly dispersed when afternoon showers began, with only about 15 people remaining on Capitol grounds by 3:30 p.m.

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/politics/2020/12/21/protesters-gather-oregon-legislature-starts-special-session/3993102001/

The same protesters would be the first to fart out "We're a Republic not a Democracy" any other day of the week.

https://twitter.com/LauraJedeed/status/1341063544419143680?s=20

"We want to be peaceful" says group that just busted through a statehouse door and is cosplayed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He doesn't add an element of untrustworthiness to the vaccine though. It's been created and approved by scientists and the appropriate authorities. Trump shouldn't even enter the equation.

Are you really this naive? You think science and regulatory approval matters to the majority of his brainwashed base who believe every word he says?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,797 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Overheal wrote: »
    ...technically it is though, you're arguing that others should follow science as a matter of policy. How is that not political? It definitely shouldn't be a partisan issue.

So saying someone should acknowledge facts in order to minimize the riskof death is making something political.

Jesus - doesn't say much for the political system of governance.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1341201824511090691?s=19

Another one of Trump's lawyers in trouble. Only the best people huh?

Don't know why the cops need any subpoenas for his electronic devices. I'm sure he's probably butt dialed the SDNY a few times and let them hear the whole scheme...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1341201824511090691?s=19

Another one of Trump's lawyers in trouble. Only the best people huh?

Don't know why the cops need any subpoenas for his electronic devices. I'm sure he's probably butt dialed the SDNY a few times and let them hear the whole scheme...

And he may not even be able to safely pardon Giuliani due to how much he owes him, gotta love it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He is very high risk due to his age. Sensible decision either way

Here we go again

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1341096499229446148?s=19

It's delightful when they start turning on each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

That’s outrageous if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭drogon.

Going to be interesting the next couple of weeks, but looks like Trump is already turning against Pence.

https://www.axios.com/trump-white-house-conspiracy-theories-d95450a4-c7a3-4579-a568-0473b18529c9.html?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

drogon. wrote: »
    Going to be interesting the next couple of weeks, but looks like Trump is already turning against Pence.

https://www.axios.com/trump-white-house-conspiracy-theories-d95450a4-c7a3-4579-a568-0473b18529c9.html?

One of those points is that Trump thinks Pence is turning from him based on a Lincoln project ad, I’d expect some more ads if that’s true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

salmocab wrote: »
    One of those points is that Trump thinks Pence is turning from him based on a Lincoln project ad, I’d expect some more ads if that’s true.

Once again, trump shoots himself in the foot for the benefit of his own ego given that Pence can still do the resignation/pardon switcheroo

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭drogon.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Once again, trump shoots himself in the foot for the benefit of his own ego given that Pence can still do the resignation/pardon switcheroo

Wonder if he can fire Pence and get someone else in as VP ? Assuming the 6th of Jan is the next potential show down, where the VP can refuse to announce the winner in the senate. Prob won't have too much weight, but Trump would love the showdown to happen, showing solidarity to his base if something like that were to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Wonder if he can fire Pence and get someone else in as VP ? Assuming the 6th of Jan is the next potential show down, where the VP can refuse to announce the winner in the senate. Prob won't have too much weight, but Trump would love the showdown to happen, showing solidarity to his base if something like that were to happen.

Pretty sure a VP can't be fired by the president, as they're elected, not appointed.

Would you be surprised?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Eoin wrote: »
    Pretty sure a VP can't be fired by the president, as they're elected, not appointed.

If a VP leaves office between elections, can they just appoint a new one or do they have to be confirmed by the Senate? I'm trying to remember what happened in the West Wing :) I miss that show :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    If a VP leaves office between elections, can they just appoint a new one or do they have to be confirmed by the Senate? I'm trying to remember what happened in the West Wing :) I miss that show :(

Both Houses need to confirm whoever the President nominates as new VP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Deep state brah.

• Advertisement

It has to be approved, and you'd wonder if we could have a weird situation where the Democrats would be more keen to get the vacancy filled happen than the Republicans, given the GOP's proven disdain for the democratic process. It'd certainly be a new way to sow more chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

BuT bIdEn PoLiTiCiSeD COVID..

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1341118092152324103?s=19

Why is anyone surprised.

It is more of the same, 'accuse others of that which you are guilty.'

All of this is irrelevant now, for the most part. And the revelations will continue post Jan 20th, I can only imagine what we are going to hear as to exactly how he wanted to behave in relation to his impeachment, the BLM protests, the media etc.

The main way this is relevant going forward is to stick it in the faces of those who were involved when they come back to try again. Jared Kushner, Ivanka, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, MAtt Gaetz, Marco Rubio, Nikki Halley, Kayleigh McEnaney et al should all be reminded of their role in this guy and told to take a seat.

All the accounts on here who were so active up to the election and in to the early hours of the 4th of November before sliding away will appear again to talk about the need for someone to drain the swamp, to fight for the common man etc. It is entirely reasonable to tell them all to f*ck off after they spent so long excusing this fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It has to be approved, and you'd wonder if we could have a weird situation where the Democrats would be more keen to get the vacancy filled happen than the Republicans, given their proven disdain for the democratic process. It'd certainly be a new way to sow more chaos.

the democrats proven disdain for the democratic process? what???

That’s what I learned in The West Wing too. Sure can coerce a resignation, though, that’s not going to happen. Who out of interest is the president of the senate if he did though

the democrats proven disdain for the democratic process? what???

I meant the Republicans as that was who I was last referencing (and saying that they may not be in a rush to fill a vacancy so they can cause more disruption), but will edit for clarity.

I have to say I really enjoy the fallout watching Republicans try to scare Senators into going along with a bloodless coup by threatening them with a good time: being voted out of office - and the ones they're calling out by name were just re-elected for 6 years. I'd laugh, but I'm just as pissed about it as their are right now, but all of the time, because these Senators are complete c*nts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Looking forward to the Trump supporters attempting to defend these pardons.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Looking forward to the Trump supporters attempting to defend these pardons.

Please. They don't see Iraqis as persons.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement