Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

To use an example, we've faced covid this year and it's largely not become a divisive issue. It's a pretty small minority that try and fail to do so. Trump actively made it divisive, there was never any unity about getting through the crisis, never encouraging people to take personal responsibility and be careful.

True enough. He always had one eye on the election(naturally enough) but he should have tried to bring a unified front in tackling the virus. Maybe he genuinely thought it would fizzle out. Once it got out of hand he wouldn't change his stance as again one eye on the election.

I would imagine that some of his base would be the ones who wouldn't wear masks, downplay the virus, complain about government reach etc.

In short he backed himself into a corner and ended up politicising the virus.

But from day one of his presidency it was an us v them approach.
    Fox news, CNN etc all fed into this too. Then everyday citizens bought into it and it ended up the divided states of America we see today

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The amount of saddo selfcongratulation that happens in this thread on every page is remarkable. What an echo chamber lol

You should have been here the morning after the election. The self-congraulations from the Trump crowd was off the scale. They have disappeared since except for the occasional rereg......oh.

True enough. He always had one eye on the election(naturally enough) but he should have tried to bring a unified front in tackling the virus. Maybe he genuinely thought it would fizzle out. Once it got out of hand he wouldn't change his stance as again one eye on the election.

I would imagine that some of his base would be the ones who wouldn't wear masks, downplay the virus, complain about government reach etc.

In short he backed himself into a corner and ended up politicising the virus.

But from day one of his presidency it was an us v them approach.
    Fox news, CNN etc all fed into this too. Then everyday citizens bought into it and it ended up the divided states of America we see today

Based on the Woodward interview he was well aware of how far l deadly it was gonna be. He only ever cared about the election result and couldn't care less about the deaths as long as he won. So no, it was not the tv networks fault. He was always creating a dreadful narrative. His inauguration speech basically portrayed the US as a deadly wasteland that he was gonna fix.

He is evidence of what happens when a narcissistic idiot ends up in the Whitehouse by feeding public fears. It was always about him and never any real goal besides getting a second term. The month of his inauguration, he had already started taking donations for 2020. Years of rallies that were designed to divide the public. Now he's pardoning all of his friends... You can't blame this **** on the media.

Based on the Woodward interview he was well aware of how far l deadly it was gonna be. He only ever cared about the election result and couldn't care less about the deaths as long as he won. So no, it was not the tv networks fault. He was always creating a dreadful narrative. His inauguration speech basically portrayed the US as a deadly wasteland that he was gonna fix.

He is evidence of what happens when a narcissistic idiot ends up in the Whitehouse by feeding public fears. It was always about him and never any real goal besides getting a second term. The month of his inauguration, he had already started taking donations for 2020. Years of rallies that were designed to divide the public. Now he's pardoning all of his friends... You can't blame this **** on the media.

I didn't. He is responsible for his own actions.

The media comment is related to how the common citizen interprets his actions.
    Fox gave one narrative
    CNN gave another

Most people watch one or the other. Confirmation bias

Are you even American? Why do you care so much? The whole lot of ye sound like trauma victims.

I'm from Mobile,Alabama

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Are you even American? Why do you care so much? The whole lot of ye sound like trauma victims.

As you are new here maybe you should read up on what discussion forums are about and that people discuss various topics on them.

You definitely dye your hair I'd say, lots in common with Trump. ;) Welcome to the site!

Fox gave one narrative
    CNN gave another

Has his behaviour been misrepresented? That was all him and it was reported on...

You definitely dye your hair I'd say, lots in common with Trump. ;) Welcome to the site!

Has his behaviour been misrepresented? That was all him and it was reported on...

You are not getting it at all

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You are not getting it at all

Doesn’t help that you keep moving the goalposts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

To use an example, we've faced covid this year and it's largely not become a divisive issue. It's a pretty small minority that try and fail to do so. Trump actively made it divisive, there was never any unity about getting through the crisis, never encouraging people to take personal responsibility and be careful.

That is about covid.

I'm talking about an article saying that Biden can unite America.

Isn't this just complete nonsense? No leader unites a country. That would be weird if they could.

It's part of the wishy washy discourse used by American leaning journalists when speaking on America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That is about covid.

Isn't this just complete nonsense? No leader unites a country. That would be weird if they could.

It's part of the wishy washy discourse used by American leaning journalists when speaking on America.

Trump has certainly split a country like it has never been before so it must be possible for the opposite to happen.

That is about covid.

It's a president managing to further divide the country during a national crisis, there's something seriously wrong with leadership...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Fox gave one narrative
    CNN gave another

Fox averaged 3.6m viewers in 2020, CNN 1.8m

Most people watch neither

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It's a well established pattern now for the last 30 years that Republican presidents run the economy into the ground (Bush I, Bush II, Trump), which then requires a Democrat president to turn things around (Clinton, Obama and now Biden).

It’s almost like they do it on purpose to profit on the wave of recovery

That is about covid.

It happens. Bush United the country after 9/11. Didn’t last out to the rollout off the Iraq war or anything, but he did enjoy almost universal support overnight.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Fox averaged 3.6m viewers in 2020, CNN 1.8m

Most people watch neither

My point is that there are two sides. People who like trump and people who hate Trump.

There is no middle ground or compromise anymore

The media played a part in that with bias reporting one side or the other

My point is that there are two sides. People who like trump and people who hate Trump.

Just the part of the messenger for the most part. Trump produced his own scandals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What steps did trump take to cross the divide? To make the deal? Because that's how American politics work, Biden is famed for making bipartisan deals

• Registered Users Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Overheal wrote: »
    It happens. Bush United the country after 9/11. Didn’t last out to the rollout off the Iraq war or anything, but he did enjoy almost universal support overnight.

A lesson on how damaging it is not to have a strong opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A lesson on how damaging it is not to have a strong opposition.

the democrats controlled the house for much of the first half of Bush's first term. he had to work across the aisle to get things done. actually work with people instead of constantly attacking people like trump. I know that concept is probably hard for you to understand as a trump supporter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,591 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

?

Explain yourself

I thought it was pretty self explanatory.

I'll get some popcorn:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I thought it was pretty self explanatory.

I'll get some popcorn:pac:

(turns off trading places)

He changed his mind and deleted it it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 25,591 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

ORRRRRRRRRRRRR

You could admit that you reported the post and it was removed by mods.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRR

You could admit that you reported the post and it was removed by mods.

And acknowledge or credit them? HA

Nope seems someone else deleted it.

Few friends and one ex from Alabama, a state where it's legal to own military grade weaponry but you can't own a sex toy because in my friends opinion the average lad is afraid of the competition. Also a state where alcohol is illegal in some counties but you can get some good moonshine if you know the right people.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Nope seems someone else deleted it.

Few friends and one ex from Alabama, a state where it's legal to own military grade weaponry but you can't own a sex toy because in my friends opinion the average lad is afraid of the competition. Also a state where alcohol is illegal in some counties but you can get some good moonshine if you know the right people.

Don't forget Mo Brooks!

What district you live in Ex?

Overheal wrote: »
    Don't forget Mo Brooks!

What district you live in Ex?

She was from Tuscaloosa, well just outside it really. She and a few of her college mates were here studying for a year in trinity college.

I went over there for a month the next year. Her friends and immediate family were sound and very welcoming, but some of her extended family were mental.

One of her cousins wouldn't stay in the same room as me because he assumed that I was a Catholic and flipped completely when I told him, that he was wrong that I was an atheist with latent Christian leanings. He always seemed to have a persecution complex from what they told me about him that got worse over time and he is now in prison for the attempted murder of his now ex wife.

• namloc1980 wrote: »
    You should have been here the morning after the election. The self-congraulations from the Trump crowd was off the scale. They have disappeared since except for the occasional rereg......oh.

Thought the lad brag posting his 500 quid bet and holding out in the midst off all that was off the charts. Don't think most of the Trump supporters posting the morning after know the election process whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Thought the lad brag posting his 500 quid bet and holding out in the midst off all that was off the charts. Don't think most of the Trump supporters posting the morning after know the election process whatsoever.

Same fella seemed to be surprised that Detroit was favouring Biden.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement