Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

So not a circle then.

Just stick Venn diagrams on the list of things Eric doesn’t understand.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Biden gets confused a lot. I just think the process gave him a massive advantage. If you make any process super simple then it will result in many more people doing it.

Mod:

Bring up the dementia angle again and I'll threadban you, it's very simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Yeah it's enraging. And a really tough effort not to reduce to the level they are operating at.

Genuinely I am concerned that place will go close to civil war. Such instability has a knock on effect on us all.

I wanted Biden to win.

My only argument is the mass mail in voting than resulted in record breaking numbers for someone as uninspiring as Biden. We all know a vote for Biden was not actually a vote for Biden, it was a vote against Trump.
    Biden will be 86 years old if he was to serve two terms. It's a real shame we didn't see a younger inspiring democrat running, as they too would have won when it was a vote against Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I wanted Biden to win.

My only argument is the mass mail in voting than resulted in record breaking numbers for someone as uninspiring as Biden. We all know a vote for Biden was not actually a vote for Biden, it was a vote against Trump.
    Biden will be 86 years old if he was to serve two terms. It's a real shame we didn't see a younger inspiring democrat running, as they too would have won when it was a vote against Trump

And a vote for Trump was not actually a vote for Trump it was a vote against Clinton, what's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,444 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I wanted Biden to win.

Just because you found Biden 'uninspiring' doesn't mean everyone did. And lest you not forget, there's quite a few in the R side who don't like trump, but wouldn't vote for the Democrats.
    Biden has a track record of reaching out across the line, which is exactly what America needs currently and exactly what trump lacks

• Advertisement

Kyrsten Sinema would be a great president. She's a democrat who spends at least as much time on the Republican side of the chamber as the Democratic half
    The Democratic Party put off a censure vote against her last year, she rarely goes to party lunches and skipped Senate votes to run the Ironman .Sinema is unmoved and might even see a censure as a badge of honor,“Ironman’s pretty badass. It’s awesome,” she responded when asked if she got any criticism for skipping town for New Zealand just two months into her term. And if the censure resolution comes back up next year? “I don’t know. Also, don’t care.”

Don’t even ask her whether she watches the Democratic presidential debates.
    “I’m not missing anything. I prefer happiness,”

Arizona’s first Democrat to win a Senate race in 30 years has done little to raise her profile in Washington; she’s more focused on trying to balance her extreme workout regime
    But when push comes to shove on important votes, she has a warning for party honchos: Leave her alone.
    “Everyone knows that I am very independent-minded,” she said. “And that it’s not super useful to try and convince me otherwise.”
    “Eventually it would be wonderful to have a President that shares values with every American'' She would be an inspiring and intriguing President, total independent who see's both side of an argument, and loves to les out with other women. She's so 2020 .

47aa19b1-098b-42a1-9217-a28e3aea9b33.jpeg?width=840&rect=5058x3372&offset=0x0

Biden I find uninspiring. Better than Trump, but that's hardly difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,458 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The only '' fraud '' that happened was 5 ballots going into a house, and 5 coming back out as votes when history shows only the mom ever votes.
    But in her own home the mom can fill in 5 ballots, and then get her husband who could not give a flying fck about Trump of Biden to sign his Ballot, and get 3 kids who are in basement playing Forenite to sign their ballots too.

Boom 5 votes, validated with a signature, and MUST be counted. All above board and correct. But in reality 4 people in that house would never have got up and stood in line in the wind and rain to vote for a man who doesn't know what day it is, or who he is even running against.

And?

Voting doesn’t have do be a sacrificial pilgrimage. They legally signed. It’s their vote. Their right. You’re mad because it’s too convenient to exercise that right? I suppose your household should only be counted in the Census if each member of the household climbs a mountain and drops a penny in a fountain at a monastery.

Overheal wrote: »
    And?

Voting doesn’t have do be a sacrificial pilgrimage. They legally signed. It’s their vote. Their right. You’re mad because it’s too convenient to exercise that right? I suppose your household should only be counted in the Census if each member of the household climbs a mountain and drops a penny in a fountain at a monastery.

Then let the EU allow ONLY mass mail in voting. Of course they won't.
    The process is flawed. Allowing it for absentees is one thing, but for EVERYONE. It will never happen.
    It's hard to weigh it up, they cheer it on for America as it allowed an easy victory, but then turn around and say, no for us, too dodgy.
    It was an one off for the US to do this, and it resulted in a HUGE increase in voting.

Trump should have told his supporters to request 100m ballots, to get them for all their family members, to register, to get them for people who haven't' voted before, instead he told them to not use them. He handed a massive advantage to Biden. And he truly thought he'd get them all thrown out. Huge mistake, he should have went the other root, encouraged his base to request more ballots that the democrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Smee_Again wrote: »
    92% of BLM protests were peaceful, some definitely did end in violent but the vast vast majority were peaceful. And of those that turned violent some were instigated by right ring agitators.

But, you’re not interested in facts as they don’t line up with your prejudices.

Everyone knows these far right agitators were drawn out by antifa and blm because of their violent activities.

Then let the EU allow ONLY mass mail in voting. Of course they won't.
    The process is flawed. Allowing it for absentees is one thing, but for EVERYONE. It will never happen.
    It's hard to weigh it up, they cheer it on for America as it allowed an easy victory, but then turn around and say, no for us, too dodgy.
    It was an one off for the US to do this, and it resulted in a HUGE increase in voting.

There’s no reason they can’t? There’s no reason you can’t vote online, it’s just a matter of investment and planning. We could have instant results with every voter doing so electronically, verified with multi factor authentication.

The only reason you will not see exclusive remote voting is because not everyone has access. Indigenous people especially, those without electronics or mailing addresses or don’t have the right documents. That’s not to say remote voting is fundamentally flawed. It’s not. That’s like saying cars are fundamentally flawed because they are imperfect. We still use them.
    Trump should have told his supporters to request 100m ballots, to get them for all their family members, to register, to get them for people who haven't' voted before, instead he told them to not use them. He handed a massive advantage to Biden. And he truly thought he'd get them all thrown out. Huge mistake, he should have went the other root, encouraged his base to request more ballots that the democrats.

It made no sense, other than the firmly held truism that Republicans lose when turnout is high. They went full stupid though and applied that to ‘if our supporter turnout is high that must mean we will lose.’ Big derp

I’d like to see voter turnout by party but it would be confused because of never Trumper Republicans.

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    Everyone knows these far right agitators were drawn out by antifa and blm because of their violent activities.

I genuinely don’t understand what you mean here.

I genuinely don’t understand what you mean here.

It’s presumably their fault Unite The Right came in, tiki torches blazing, chanting “Jews will not replace us.”

It’s presumably their fault Unite The Right came in, tiki torches blazing, chanting “Jews will not replace us.”

Ah, so the right wingers response to BLM peaceful protests was to counter protest violently.

Get ya, there does appear to be a lot of truth in that.

Ah, so the right wingers response to BLM peaceful protests was to counter protest violently.

Get ya, there does appear to be a lot of truth in that.

I wouldn’t call it counter protesting BLM. They’ve been protesting for white supremacy far longer. Plus, the chant was anti Semitic.

You’ve lost me now too.

Are you and allforit talking about 1 specific event because my original point was more general than that.

Are trump supporters on forums such as this either monumentally thick or deliberately spreading lies and mis information. It is one or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Are trump supporters on forums such as this either monumentally thick or deliberately spreading lies and mis information. It is one or the other

Could be both

• Registered Users Posts: 38,542 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This attitude is part of the reason he got enough votes to get elected in 2016.

There's a lot of work to be done to repair the US and one of the biggest problems is the amount of haters on both sides of every issue. They never show any respect to their opposite. That builds dislike and discord.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eagle eye wrote: »

There's a lot of work to be done to repair the US and one of the biggest problems is the amount of haters on both sides of every issue. They never show any respect to their opposite. That builds dislike and discord.

if trump supporters want respect they will have to earn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

ahh but the mail in ballots were 85% send to democrats, a lot of them not even requested.
    It explains the huge '' turnout'' for Biden, if you can call it a '' turnout'' . It was just millions upon millions of ballots signed up in the comfort of ones home, validated by a signature, or unlike a stranger who fills in ballots with fake signatures, a mom can simple copy a signature of son or husband as she knows the signature and has samples to copy, unlike the people who pick up a phone book and simple fill in ballots with names they get in phone book, but the signature would never be a match and hopefully would never get through the counting process. But ballots filled out in ones home with a signature that matches will of course be counted.

Oh...so like the Republican Party were doing, then? And hacking/stealing signature data from financial institutions to attempt to stuff in fake ballots and get legitimate Democratic votes discounted?
    And if your gonna start shrieking about proof or spreading lies, its about the same as your BS imaginary family which you reinforce with "In reality" "We all know it was happening" and no proof or anything outside of the most childish stereotypes from sitcoms (father doesnt care, kids dont care and only playing de vidya gaems, mother only one who does anything). Based on that, can we assume Trump never voted himself, seeing as he used mail in ballots numerous times in Florida....must have been Melania filled them in for him and forged his signature, so!

• Advertisement

As said that attitude won't bring the two sides together.
    Tell them you are willing to listen and they might come talk to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

As said that attitude won't bring the two sides together.
    Tell them you are willing to listen and they might come talk to you.

after all the **** they have done they need to start begging. which they wont of course. they are in a cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think it's closer to the latter, and really just a case of trying to be edgelords by backing the controversial option.

after all the **** they have done they need to start begging. which they wont of course. they are in a cult.
    Do you understand how big the divide is?
    We have to find a way to bring these people out of the mire.
    Your attitude only re-enforces the split.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

You have radicals on both sides but Trump radical supporters seem to have a much bigger volume in numbers than radical Biden supporters.

The frustrating thing is they are buying every word Trump says hook line and sinker. I think if Biden was lying to this extent a lot of the radical Democrats would turn their backs on him.

Really and truly though, one thing this election has done has shed a light on a what seems to be a very divided country with a lot of social problems. America is no longer something any country should aspire to.

they are in a cult.

Unfortunately you cannot berate someone out of a cult. Even though that's the least they deserve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

I've to earn your respect now? :rolleyes:

they need to start begging.

Now beg for it :pac:

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    You have radicals on both sides but Trump radical supporters seem to have a much bigger volume in numbers than radical Biden supporters.

The boarded up shops took their boards down, when the media declared cheating Joe president elect.

Unfortunately you cannot berate someone out of a cult. Even though that's the least they deserve

You guys have lived every waken minute of the last four years hating the man. I have no idea how yous are going to do without him.

Like most topics they engage in, a little from column A, a little from column B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Now you have a real racist with Symone Sanders on the white house communications.

And rep Cynthia Johnson calling for her soldiers to hurt people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,791 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Do you understand how big the divide is?
    We have to find a way to bring these people out of the mire.
    Your attitude only re-enforces the split.

No one notices when you're provoked.

They only notice when you retaliate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement