Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Where have you encountered them? Alt-rightism isn't very common.

Its apparently fairly common amongst young americans not so much here.

I have encountered them online mostly for that reason.

The odd one in real life.

They seem to be really overly liberal on some social issues. And overly conservative on others. Its extreme either way with them.

They want all the weed ....but no immigrants. Not even a few immigrants.

Legalize prostitution ....but women have too many rights.

Obsessed with Jordan Peterson.

I don't meet too many young genuine conservatives anymore.

Like work hard ...strong patriotism etc. Pay your taxes but not too much taxation ...small govt . That is too boring for alt right hipsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Where have you encountered them? Alt-rightism isn't very common.

Yes they are, sure they even got a mention on the third presidential debate

• Registered Users Posts: 33,991 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Its apparently fairly common amongst young americans not so much here.

I have encountered them online mostly for that reason.

The odd one in real life.

They seem to be really overly liberal on some social issues. And overly conservative on others. Its extreme either way with them.

They want all the weed ....but no immigrants. Not even a few immigrants.

Legalize prostitution ....but women have too many rights.

I don't meet too many young genuine conservatives anymore.

Like work hard ...strong patriotism etc. Pay your taxes but not too much taxation ...small govt . That is too boring for alt right hipsters.

Might be because the term small government is for morons. You can't have small government in a country of 330plus million.

That's called large chaos not small government

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

And ironically misinterpret Jordan Peterson

• Registered Users Posts: 83,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

After 5 days of ruining Christmas and putting millions of families in danger of being evicted, Trump signs the bill without modification.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1343369860022206464?s=21

No win for Trump: $600 is an insult, $2000 he never fought for (in fact he’s spent the past few days golfing exclusively), and he either adds a trillion to the deficit or evicts millions of Americans. Either way, he ends up being a horrible president.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

Overheal wrote: »

No win for Trump: $600 is an insult, $2000 he never fought for (in fact he’s spent the past few days golfing exclusively), and he either adds a trillion to the deficit or evicts millions of Americans. Either way, he ends up being a horrible president.

Damned if he does,damned if he doesn't

Deshawn wrote: »

Indeed, and also entirely avoidable, had he been a part of the legislative process and told lawmakers earlier his desire for $2000 cheques.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

duploelabs wrote: »
    Yes they are, sure they even got a mention on the third presidential debate

That's obviously not proof that it's common.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,801 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A headline from the RINO. Pinko, lib elite paper.... the New York Ti..

hang on a second - the New York Post???

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1343394847865122818?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ceannbui

Indeed, and also entirely avoidable, had he been a part of the legislative process and told lawmakers earlier his desire for $2000 cheques.
    trump is an absolute f@cking buffoon, what was he trying to do blocking the 600 covid bill and now not blocking it? he had/has no interest in a 2K bill, if he did, he would have shown interest prior to promising to veto it. Buffoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Deshawn wrote: »

Pardon? He is dammed as he didn't bother to get involved in the negotiations, then claimed it was a terrible deal, threatening to refuse to sign, and then simply gave in.

To what end? Yet another failure by Trump. Yet another tantrum thrown which made no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,801 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Pardon? He is dammed as he didn't bother to get involved in the negotiations, then claimed it was a terrible deal, threatening to refuse to sign, and then simply gave in.

To what end? Yet another failure by Trump. Yet another tantrum thrown which made no difference.

It is incredible the amount of people The Apprentice and The Aart of the deal have fooled into thinking that Trump is some sort of business genius/ master negotiator, rather than allowing them to see an idiot move when he does one. Instead it's "Trump gets blamed regardless" or it's some sort of 4d chess.

That's obviously not proof that it's common.

It's impossible to discuss anything with you if you're going to ignore basic facts

It's impossible to discuss anything with you if you're going to ignore basic facts

:confused: That kind of passive aggression is what makes discussion impossible.

What basic fact did you present that shows that alt-rightism is common? That the term was mentioned at a debate doesn't prove anything.

:confused: That kind of passive aggression is what makes discussion impossible.

What basic fact did you present that shows that alt-rightism is common? That the term was mentioned at a debate doesn't prove anything.

You initially said the alt-right aren't common, back that fact up with some statistics or publication

You initially said the alt-right aren't common, back that fact up with some statistics or publication

That's ridiculous. The burden can't be on me to prove something doesn't exist. "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

You accused me of ignoring facts but you haven't presented any.

That's ridiculous. The burden can't be on me to prove something doesn't exist. "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

You accused me of ignoring facts but you haven't presented any.

You made an assertion, and if you can't back that up with some independent verification than that's your problem, but if you can't back it up then it's assumed to be bull.
    I would say that it wouldn't be the realm of niche things to be mentioned in a presidential debate

You made an assertion, and if you can't back that up with some independent verification than that's your problem, but if you can't back it up then it's assumed to be bull.

So alt-rightism is common in society unless it's proven not to be lol. Seriously?
    I would say that it wouldn't be the realm of niche things to be mentioned in a presidential debate

Maybe you would say that but it doesn't prove it. That's an assumption you're making.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

Now that he is gone to Florida for Christmas and New Year, anyone think he will go back to DC ?

drogon. wrote: »
    Now that he is gone to Florida for Christmas and New Year, anyone think he will go back to DC ?

I would have said no but he's made clear plans to be in DC on January 6 and for people to show up on the 6th. Parlerbots are taking this to mean he needs them there in droves to overthrow the government if Pence has the audacity to adhere to the law and count the electors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I would have said no but he's made clear plans to be in DC on January 6 and for people to show up on the 6th. Parlerbots are taking this to mean he needs them there in droves to overthrow the government if Pence has the audacity to adhere to the law and count the electors.

This could end very badly.

Not likely to be charlottesville or anything. And DC has strict enforcement about lawful carry - as in, you can't do it anywhere remotely where it would be an actual threat to the federal government. Also, DC police are armed like a military (as BLM/George Floyd demonstrators learned in June)

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/01/dc-laws-aside-you-still-cant-carry-a-gun-on-the-hill/456129/

I think most of it is talk and while there will surely be Antifa/Proud Boy skirmishes most of us aren't going to notice. Some DC Bars and Hotels are already announcing they will be shutting down sale of alcohol for the 5th and 6th to avoid catering to escalation.

It won't. Trump and his supporters will continue to claim that the election has been stolen. He'll exit the White House quietly and Biden will take over. I'll be surprised if there is any violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It'll probably just be like the last time his supporters showed up in DC... he'll drive through them and go play golf.

It'll probably just be like the last time his supporters showed up in DC... he'll drive through them and go play golf.

Watch it be a couple hundred cosplayers on the mall.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

More than likely, takes a lot of effort to organise a successful coup.

Trumpet doesn’t do effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Seen a few tweets going around about Louie Gohmert is trying to sue Mike Pence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Seen a few tweets going around about Louie Gohmert is trying to sue Mike Pence :D

Yep: https://www.facebook.com/nycjayjay/posts/10157346139035443

(Sorry about the Facebook link, haven't seen it elsewhere yet)

Dillonb3 wrote: »

He's suing in a federal district court (specifically to a Trump judge) to find that Pence has the power to do something that, even a novice without a JD degree could tell you he does not have the power to do. Essentially, Gohmert wants the court to, in a matter of days, nullify the 1887 Electoral Count Act, which has stood for 133 years.

Not only would such a lawsuit fail immediately on laches (If the law is simply unconstitutional, why wait until after the 2020 election was certified to sue, why wait 133 years even?), but the conclusion sought would be that any Vice President can just, constitutionally, decide "I don't feel like losing the election, so I won't count the vote and I get 4 years. Suck it losers" etc.

It's amazing, the cognitive dissonance going through the minds of these "Patriots" this week, wanting VP to have the powers of a Supreme Chancellor over the election.

• Advertisement

TX Lt. Governor put up a $1M bounty for evidence of voter fraud. His democratic colleagues in Pennsylvania are demanding their money after providing proof of Pennsylvania Trump voters committing fraud.

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1343634682001448961?s=20

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement