Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bidens inauguration photo

653EE2FA-1DD8-B71B-0B5809FE42760774.jpg?autorotate=false

I think everyone would be happy to see the President elect not encouraging big crowds when there's a global pandemic. Real improvement on the current guy really.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You mean there won't be a large crowd in the middle of a pandemic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Looks similarly empty to Trump’s inauguration, what was Trump’s excuse for the low turnout?

At least Biden has a pandemic to blame for not having a crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm still generally confused, speaking of that, about how Republicans are supposed to feel about the runoff in GA. Trump is rallying for it but his legal ally, Lin Wood, has been calling for Georgian's to boycott the election in order to 'prove fraud,' his theory goes that if enough Republicans don't vote, republican totals will be 'negative.' Math is hard for #IQ45. But also, lots or factions on Parler seem to be attacking the senate candidates for 'not doing enough' to help Trump challenge the results of the 2020 general election. They forget that they are powerless to do anything unless they are seated in Congress, and, somehow, I think runoff voters more largely would be put off by candidates promising to undo their votes in November, when they already have to vote for their candidate again in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I think everyone would be happy to see the President elect not encouraging big crowds when there's a global pandemic. Real improvement on the current guy really.

Trump will still make a deal out of no one being there and morons on the internet will lap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

salmocab wrote: »
    Trump will still make a deal out of no one being there and morons on the internet will lap it up.

Is Biden even going to have an inauguration on D.C? He could do a virtual one from anywhere, takes the steam away from any idiots that want to try protest it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,592 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

BLM stuff deleted. Please keep to the topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Is Biden even going to have an inauguration on D.C? He could do a virtual one from anywhere, takes the steam away from any idiots that want to try protest it.

Virtual I would imagine. He cant risk getting the virus at his age. High risk category.

Although he has been vaccinated so where is he?

The corporate money and donations flooded in and enriched [Trump's PAC]. Once they had cash runoff election didn't seem to matter so much. The American dream!

Link:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps-pac-fundraising-off-georgia-runoffs-spending-candidates/story?id=74809718
    "The Georgia Runoff Election is right around the corner and the fate of the Nation hangs in the balance," Trump's team wrote in a fundraising email sent to supporters this week. "So much is at stake and I need to know that you are on our team and ready to FIGHT for America."

"It is CRITICALLY important we have your support to secure the resources we need to deliver the Democrats a CRUSHING defeat," they wrote in another recent email.

In the fine print, the letter breaks down the distribution of funds as follows: 25% of each contribution goes to the RNC, and 75% of each contribution first goes to Save America, up to $5,000, with the rest of the 75% going to the Trump campaign, up to $2,800 for an individual donor and $5,000 for a PAC donor.

The PAC has not placed any television or radio buys in the race, according to media research company CMAG's analysis of ad-buy records, and it has not reported making any independent expenditures in support of Republican Sens. David Perdue or Kelly Loeffler, as required by the Federal Election Commission rules.

Michael Beckel, research director at the campaign transparency advocacy group Issue One, told ABC News that while it's common for candidates in a contentious race to try to leverage the celebrity appeal of higher-profile politicians, it is highly unusual for a sitting president to be using a contentious election as a hook to raise money for their own political operation.

"It is extremely uncommon for an outgoing president to be so aggressively soliciting contributions for a leadership PAC, let alone using high-profile races as a hook to entice donors to give without investing much of the money raised into said races," Beckel told ABC News. "President Trump's Save America PAC has, to date, raised an extraordinary amount of money, and President Trump faces few restrictions on how to spend the money he raises for his leadership PAC."

Some Republicans who are actively raising money to support the GOP candidates say Trump's leadership PAC is problematic.

"I think it's problematic if they're raising money and the implication is you are going to help Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue win, because really that is the most important thing right now," Martha Zoller, a former Georgia congressional candidate who now runs Georgia United Victory, a super PAC spending millions in support of the Republicans in the runoffs.

While Save America has not yet spent any money on the runoffs, the new super PAC launched by Donald Trump Jr.'s advisers, called Save the US Senate PAC, has reported spending more than $1.2 million on the contests, with more than half a million dollars of that going to television ads and the rest to digital ads and other efforts, ad placement data and FEC disclosure reports show.

But that's a small fraction of what some of the bigger and more committed groups are spending. The Karl Rove-led super PAC American Crossroads has aired and booked nearly $48 million on ads in Georgia, while the super PAC Senate Leadership Fund and its local affiliate, Peachtree PAC, have together spent $87 million on ads so far, ad buy records show.

Meanwhile, Jared Kushner's shell company has funneled over $600M in election cash to Trump's family directly as 'consulting fees'

https://www.businessinsider.com/jared-kushner-trump-campaign-shell-company-family-ammc-lara-2020-12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The corporate money and donations flooded in and enriched a few individuals. Once they had cash blm movement didn't seem to matter so much. The American dream!

If Trump rallies spread the virus then nationwide blm protests were super spreader events. Wonder how many people died due to fools and criminals assembling in "protest "

Anyway definitely not a good idea having mass gatherings. Anyone that attends is non too bright

Which is totally irrelevant to Biden's inauguration.
    Or Biden.
    Or anything in this thread.

Biden is encouraging social distancing, Trump is not, he's actually having mass gatherings.

Edited!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭francois

You didn't quite think this through

Which is totally irrelevant to Biden's inauguration.
    Or Biden.
    Or anything in this thread.

Biden is encouraging social distancing, Trump is not, he's actually having mass gatherings.

Edited!

That's why I think Biden will stick to virtual. His teleprompter reading skills can be entertaining but it will get the job done

The president elect has to lead by example. Trump doesn't give a toss at this stage

That's why I think Biden will stick to virtual. His teleprompter reading skills can be entertaining but it will get the job done

The president elect has to lead by example. Trump doesn't give a toss at this stage

Erm because there is a pandemic.
    He'll try to keep people safe and listen to the scientists.

Trump never gave a toss, that was the problem.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

His teleprompter reading skills can be entertaining but it will get the job done

Back to this rubbish. If you're going to troll, at least make it original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Virtual I would imagine. He cant risk getting the virus at his age. High risk category.

You need two doses to be fully vaccinated so he is not finished his course I would imagine.

And the rest of the people are not vaccinated yet. He is not just thinking of himself. Holding any events would bring unvaccinated people together which is not a good idea for the publics health which he seems to care about.

Also, regardless of whether he was vaccinated, it is important to lead by example. So if he was out doing what he wanted, then the ordinary joe thinks, If he can, I can, again, not good for the publics health.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The thing is, crazy as it seems, Biden doesn't give 2 sh1ts about crowd size, tv ratings or upstaging his rivals.

That's called "being presidential". You should look it up. After four years of fawning over Trump's immaturity and insecurity, you probably forgot what basic decency means.

Lads nobody else can have an opinion or make comment without a pile on from the same 3 or 4 posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Lads nobody else can have an opinion or make comment without a pile on from the same 3 or 4 posters.

If you're going to stay away until you see a cheap shot, then don't be surprised when you get called on it.

• Advertisement

Lucifer wrote: »
    You need two doses to be fully vaccinated so he is not finished his course I would imagine.

And the rest of the people are not vaccinated yet. He is not just thinking of himself. Holding any events would bring unvaccinated people together which is not a good idea for the publics health which he seems to care about.

Also, regardless of whether he was vaccinated, it is important to lead by example. So if he was out doing what he wanted, then the ordinary joe thinks, If he can, I can, again, not good for the publics health.

Very true. Its better to have it virtually. Common sense really

You keep having little digs and pretend it’s something else, that’s why. We get it you don’t like Biden.

You keep having little digs and pretend it’s something else, that’s why. We get it you don’t like Biden.

By saying he is high risk because of his age?

More fact than cheap shot.

You can dress it up any way you want, everyone is aware he’s old but only one person thinks it needs mentioning regularly. Also little dig about reading the teleprompter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

I was replying to the "where is he"

I think the teleprompter was the cheap shot

Are you trying the diversion tantrum again....again?

After you weirdly leapt from Biden's inauguration to the BLM movement a few posts ago.

You can dress it up any way you want, everyone is aware he’s old but only one person thinks it needs mentioning regularly. Also little dig about reading the teleprompter.

He has made some gaffes reading the teleprompter. It happens.
    Yes he is old. And high risk. He is president elect and has to be careful.

The thread is pages and pages of insults aimed at Trump, the Republicans and trump voters. I appear and say Biden is high risk because of his age and im swarmed on as if I'm the bad guy.

Come on guys. Play fair

Thread should be renamed "Trump bashing zone- no Biden comments permitted"

Thread should be renamed "Trump bashing zone- no Biden comments permitted"

Or no sly digs dressed up as concern!

• Advertisement

Or no sly digs dressed up as concern!

Well I don't want to see anything happen to Joe because that would mean Harris gets the job. The devil you know and all that. Hes not a bad old skin though in fairness. Obama lite

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement