Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

VinLieger wrote: »
    I heard he threw a massive strop cus Melania was in charge of redecorating his rooms there and he didnt like it.

What until she's done reorganising his assets when the divorce comes through....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

everlast75 wrote: »
    What until she's done reorganising his assets when the divorce comes through....

You mean liabilities, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Meanwhile, the loser in chief is trying his best to cause sh1t before he is turfed out.

Is he actually planning on attending? I find it odd that he hasn't bothered to attend the previous similar events.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Is he actually planning on attending? I find it odd that he hasn't bothered to attend the previous similar events.

Probably for some level of immunity:
    -if it goes well, he was the one leading the charge, vote Trump/pay into my slush fund!
    -if it goes south, it wasnt me it was organised by some intern I just said a time and place as provided by my staff I had no hand in it the Democrats rigged it Sleepy Joe LOCK HER UP Covfefe Stopthesteal big things coming soon big revelations that will change your minds just 2 weeks away just you wait etc etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

There was an American political guy (missed his name) on radio one the other day.
    Reckons trump will run again just to collect piles of donations and then drop out.

He said re running for president would make him more money than any of his businesses could in the same space of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

There was an American political guy (missed his name) on radio one the other day.
    Reckons trump will run again just to collect piles of donations and then drop out.

He said re running for president would make him more money than any of his businesses could in the same space of time

Whilst attempting to protect himself from investigations/prosecutions by claiming they're 'politically motivated'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

duploelabs wrote: »
    Whilst attempting to protect himself from investigations/prosecutions by claiming they're 'politically motivated'

Looks that way alright

• Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Any Trump supporters still left in the thread? I see a few people on Boards have changed their opinion on the matter. What was the moment that changed your mind? Was there one thing in particular?
    Also, fair play for changing your opinion, it's a strength. Better than clawing onto an idea and closing your account in a strop as so many did on election night.

Can he run if he’s been convicted of crimes committed whilst in office previously?

Not a foregone conclusion that he will be convicted but I don’t see him not being investigated by the new DOJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Can he run if he’s been convicted of crimes committed whilst in office previously?

Not a foregone conclusion that he will be convicted but I don’t see him not being investigated by the new DOJ.

there is no bar on convicted felons running for the presidency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

100%. He 100% needs to keep himself relevant. He is already starting to see the effects of losing power as he is clearly having much less impact that previously. Fox were quick so jump clear of the trainwreck.

They have quickly pivoted to attacking Biden, rather than supporting Trump. Subtle difference, but a difference.

The best way to keep himself relevant is to give the impression that he is coming back. It is just an extension of his usual 'its coming in two weeks' line. He has nothing but he needs people to think that something is just around the corner.

But history, and Trump has certainly bucked many norms in the past, would suggest that beaten candidates are quickly forgotten. They will always have a role in the media reporting, particularly so when they were previously POTUS, but their posilitcal involvement is pretty much over. HC is the perfect example, but Kerry, McCain and others are as well.

They continue to be involved, but as never considered to be a runner again.

But if Trump can continue to keep his supporters thinking he has something to offer, he may be able to prolong his period of power and influence, and that is what the calls for 2024 are about.

Trump certainly buys into the line that its better to be talked about negatively that not at all, so I expect that Trump will try to force himself onto every issue over the coming years. The problem is that his support staff will drift away. Few, at least anyone of any ability, will stick around for what is essentially a long shot in 4 years. They have their own careers and ambitions to look after. They will feel that they gave Trump their best, and many will feel that he threw is away. Why would they stick around.

So Trump may continue to hold the support of many of his supporters but will those with the actual power actually continue to support him? McConnells refusal to weigh in with Trump over the $2k doesn't bode well for him.

there is no bar on convicted felons running for the presidency.

What about prisoners?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

kowloon wrote: »
    Any Trump supporters still left in the thread? I see a few people on Boards have changed their opinion on the matter. What was the moment that changed your mind? Was there one thing in particular?
    Also, fair play for changing your opinion, it's a strength. Better than clawing onto an idea and closing your account in a strop as so many did on election night.

They were last seen gloating about Trump winning a day or two after the election.
    Then they all disappeared suddenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

They were last seen gloating about Trump winning a day or two after the election.
    Then they all disappeared suddenly.

To be fair to KidChameleon, they did hang around for a while before it all apparently became too much. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them actually can't post here anymore - probably unable to pay their Internet bills after giving their life savings to Trump's "Stop The Steal" campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    To be fair to KidChameleon, they did hang around for a while before it all apparently became too much. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them actually can't post here anymore - probably unable to pay their Internet bills after giving their life savings to Trump's "Stop The Steal" campaign.

He did in fairness although hasn’t been heard from in a long time. Possibly realised that posting about how much Melania obviously adored Trump just made his other posts even harder to take serious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Ted "Zodiac Killer" Cruz stepping in to try to steal this for Trump is just hilarious. Sure Trump called him Lying Ted repeatedly and accused his auld lad of having JFK killed but Ted grew a kick ass beard and has been on a rampage for the past while.

He's a weird guy.

He made Jack Dorsey look like completely clueless arsehole in a recent inquiry into whether platforms are publsihers and what standards they should be held to.

I fully expect a succesful 2024 presidential campaign from him. Joe and Kamala are going to be such an unmitigated disaster that they will get the most notorius unsolved serial murderer in US history elected.

I fully expect a succesful 2024 presidential campaign from him. Joe and Kamala are going to be such an unmitigated disaster that they will get the most notorius unsolved serial murderer in US history elected.

Have you got next week's lotto numbers by any chance?

Ted "Zodiac Killer" Cruz stepping in to try to steal this for Trump is just hilarious. Sure Trump called him Lying Ted repeatedly and accused his auld lad of having JFK killed but Ted grew a kick ass beard and has been on a rampage for the past while.

He's a weird guy.

He made Jack Dorsey look like completely clueless arsehole in a recent inquiry into whether platforms are publsihers and what standards they should be held to.

Conspiracy forum is that way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Trump will never run again. Guy is bankrupt pretty much and needed all these "donations" to pay off campaign debt.

Here is better prediction. US will rebound under Biden/Harris, probably take a few years and just as everything seems good the US voters elect a celebrity/populist/ultra conservative Republican president just to "shake things up". Country then spirals downwards for next few years and then a Democrat is elected to "fix the mess".

It's been rinse and repeat like that for decades now...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Trump will never run again. Guy is bankrupt pretty much and needed all these "donations" to pay off campaign debt.

Here is better prediction. US will rebound under Biden/Harris, probably take a few years and just as everything seems good the US voters elect a celebrity/populist/ultra conservative Republican president just to "shake things up". Country then spirals downwards for next few years and then a Democrat is elected to "fix the mess".

It's been rinse and repeat like that for decades now...

If that happens, there will be much fewer subsequent elections. The planet's climate cannot take another climate change denier in the White House.

• Advertisement

He's a weird guy.

A presidency under Cruz would be worse than Trump's presidency. He would make Trump look like a libtard. Unless you think that's a good thing. If so, well I don't know what to say.

He would have had to commit some of his crimes as a toddler. The remainder before he was born. Still though, in today's USA, it's a relatively reasonable assumption to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,306 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This tweet just proves that whenever Trump loses he claims fraud. He has a long long history of it. The fact the Republicans are backing him regardless is utterly pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭briany

If everybody thought like president Trump (or copied his public discourse, at least), then society would probably crumble pretty fast. Everybody would claim fraud and prejudice every time something went against them. No longer could it be that you didn't study enough for your exams, but that your examiner was prejudiced against you. No longer could it be that you were turned down for a bank loan because of a bad credit history, but because you're on a deep-state blacklist. No personal responsibility, one hundred percent finger pointing. Faith in institutions collapses and society along with it. The only real upside would be that as the power grid goes down, all the ignoramuses and provocateurs can no longer access social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Poor Donny, feeling hard done by again because he isn't getting any recognition:rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1345749709592342530?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

^
    How sadder can this twat get.

It's staggering to believe that that was a US President.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Tony EH wrote: »
    ^

Still 'IS' a US President.

It's good, removes any argument to the contrary about him being a child.

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    ^

And yet he'll carry the title of 'president' for the rest of his days

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement