Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

blackcard wrote: »
    It is fake news
    What he meant to say was.....
    He was being sarcastic
    He was only asking for Alternative Facts

Just wow. How stupid can you be

"PERFECT PHONECALL"

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

At this point all you can say if anyone stands up for Trump after that audio is that they are equally brain dead stupid.

Meh, theres been tons of "at this point" moments over the last few years. Theyre beyond help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Overheal wrote: »
    "PERFECT PHONECALL"

Is it too late to impeach him again?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,805 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Realistically, yes. Too long to start the inquiry, hearings, etc.

• Advertisement

My thought too.

At the very least, censure the ****er.

Another accolade to his losing the popular vote twice, impeached in first term and being a one term president.

They can still start the process, even if it doesn't finish, to stop him from using pardons.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

They can still start the process, even if it doesn't finish, to stop him from using pardons.

how does that work?

One thing I wonder, if Trump fails to pardon himself which probably wouldn't stand up to legal scrutiny anyway. I'm really not sure how the Biden Administration can leave him off given the criminal disrepute that he's drawn the office into.

how does that work?

House would pass 1 or more articles of impeachment, and the senate would then have to schedule a trial.

This could work out REALLY WELL If Democrats win the Georgia Runoff on Tuesday.

And none of these "Sedition Caucus" ****ers could say a peep about it - they demanded to maneuver the election in a very political way, Trump crossed the line into criminality. This is a smoking gun. They can make sure he never gets to run for an office ever again, and they can make sure he's prosecuted for 'bribes for pardons,' emoluments, etc.

If GOP holds the Senate on Tuesday, it's still a means to frustrate and embarrass them and run out Trump's last few days.

• Advertisement

House would pass 1 or more articles of impeachment, and the senate would then have to schedule a trial.

This could work out REALLY WELL If Democrats win the Georgia Runoff on Tuesday.

And none of these "Sedition Caucus" ****ers could say a peep about it - they demanded to maneuver the election in a very political way, Trump crossed the line into criminality. This is a smoking gun. They can make sure he never gets to run for an office ever again, and they can make sure he's prosecuted for 'bribes for pardons,' emoluments, etc.

yeah but how would that stop him issuing pardons in the meantime?

yeah but how would that stop him issuing pardons in the meantime?

"The President ... shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of impeachment."

"The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."

"The President ... shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of impeachment."

"The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."

yeah but until he is impeached he can issue all the pardons he wants. As you said yourself there really isn't time anyway.

I think you have misunderstood what it means. it doesn't mean that he cant issue pardons if impeached. He has already been impeached and he is still issuing pardons. It means that a president cannot use the pardon and reprieve power to prevent or undo an impeachment by the House or an impeachment conviction by the Senate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Poor Donny, feeling hard done by again because he isn't getting any recognition:rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1345749709592342530?s=19

Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me....

What a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Fair play to Raffensperger - he hasn't taken the cowardly route like so many of his GOP colleagues. It's despicable he's been put in this position at all, but he seems to be taking a principled stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You'd wonder how many other calls like this there are. Hopefully more get leaked.

yeah but until he is impeached he can issue all the pardons he wants. As you said yourself there really isn't time anyway.

I think you have misunderstood what it means. it doesn't mean that he cant issue pardons if impeached. He has already been impeached and he is still issuing pardons. It means that a president cannot use the pardon and reprieve power to prevent or undo an impeachment by the House or an impeachment conviction by the Senate.

That's entirely correct but I am assuming that one of the pardons will be explicitly for his bribes for pardons scheme. So, by extension, all of his pardons are potentially suspect to the article of impeachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Thread up in politics about their ploy and why it’s succinctly never working, even if Pence says “I am the senate!” And goes full Palpatine, the actual then vote for the next president would be taken up in the house by each state. Biden, (having won 25 states) only needs 17 to walk out to defeat the quorum required.

I'd almost love for that to happen because it would make damn good television!

Seriously though, my understanding is that Pence's role in the proceedings is largely ceremonial.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

This guy is worth following for anyone interested in following the court cases and related things:

https://twitter.com/marceelias

This guy is not involved with the cases but he gives his (expert) takes on the appeals etc:

https://twitter.com/rmfifthcircuit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Have a look at Jan 5th 11am

https://www.dgs.pa.gov/Pages/Calendar.aspx

Someone has set up an event!

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »

The 4 mins was just the appetizer. The whole thing
    Meadows: Mr. President. This is Mark. It sounds like we’ve got different sides agreeing that we can look at these areas ands I assume that we can do that within the next 24 to 48 hours to go ahead and get that reconciled so that we can look at the two claims and making sure that we get the access to the secretary of state’s data to either validate or invalidate the claims that have been made. Is that correct?

Germany: No, that’s not what I said. I’m happy to have our lawyers sit down with Kurt and the lawyers on that side and explain to my him, here’s, based on what we’ve looked at so far, here’s how we know this is wrong, this is wrong, this is wrong, this is wrong, this is wrong.

Meadows: So what you’re saying, Ryan, let me let me make sure … so what you’re saying is you really don’t want to give access to the data. You just want to make another case on why the lawsuit is wrong?

Germany: I don’t think we can give access to data that’s protected by law. But we can sit down with them and say —

Trump: But you’re allowed to have a phony election? You’re allowed to have a phony election right?
    Raffensperger: Mr. President, they did not put that. We did an audit of that and we proved conclusively that they were not scanned three times.

Trump: Where was everybody else at that late time in the morning? Where was everybody? Where were the Republicans? Where were the security guards? Were the people that were there just a little while before when everyone ran out of the room. How come we had no security in the room. Why did they run to the bottom of the table? Why do they run there and just open the skirt and rip out the votes. I mean, Brad. And they were sitting there, I think for five hours or something like that, the votes.

Raffensperger: Mr. President, we’ll send you the link from WSB.

Trump: I don’t care about the link. I don’t need it. Brad, I have a much better —

Mitchell: I will tell you. I’ve seen the tape. The full tape. So has Alex. We’ve watched it. And what we saw and what we’ve confirmed in the timing is that. They made everybody leave, we have sworn affidavits saying that. And then they began to process ballots. And our estimate is that there were roughly 18,000 ballots. We don’t know that. If you know that …

Trump: It was 18,000 ballots but they used each one three times.

Mitchell: Well, I don’t know about that.

Trump: I do think because we had ours magnified out.

Mitchell: I’ve watched the entire tape.

Trump: Nobody can make a case for that, Brad. Nobody. I mean, look, you’d have to be a child to think anything other than that. Just a child.
    Raffensperger: Harvesting is still illegal in the state of Georgia. And that settlement agreement did not change that one iota.

Trump: It’s not a settlement agreement, it’s a consent decree. It even says consent decree on it, doesn’t it? It uses the term consent decree. It doesn’t say settlement agree. It’s a consent decree. It’s a disaster.

Raffensperger: It’s a settlement agreement.

Trump: What’s written on top of it?

Raffensperger: Ryan?

Germany: I don’t have it in front of me, but it was not entered by the court, it’s not a court order.

Trump: But Ryan, it’s called a consent decree, is that right? On the paper. Is that right?

Germany: I don’t. I don’t. I don’t believe so, but I don’t have it in front of me.

Trump: OK, whatever, it’s a disaster. It’s a disaster. Look. Here’s the problem. We can go through signature verification and we’ll find hundreds of thousands of signatures, if you let us do it. And the only way you can do it, as you know, is to go to the past. But you didn’t do that in Cobb County. You just looked at one page compared to another. The only way you can do a signature verification is go from the one that signed it on November whatever. Recently. And compare it to two years ago, four years ago, six years ago, you know, or even one. And you’ll find that you have many different signatures. But in Fulton, where they dumped ballots, you will find that you have many that aren’t even signed and you have many that are forgeries.

OK, you know that. You know that. You have no doubt about that. And you will find you will be at 11,779 within minutes, because Fulton County is totally corrupt and so is she totally corrupt.

And they’re going around playing you and laughing at you behind your back, Brad, whether you know it or not, they’re laughing at you and you’ve taken a state that’s a Republican state, and you’ve made it almost impossible for a Republican to win because of cheating, because they cheated like nobody’s ever cheated before. And I don’t care how long it takes me, you know, we’re going to have other states coming forward — pretty good.

But I won’t … this is never … this is … We have some incredible talent said they’ve never seen anything … Now the problem is they need more time for the big numbers. But they’re very substantial numbers. But I think you’re going to fine that they — by the way, a little information, I think you’re going to find that they are shredding ballots because they have to get rid of the ballots because the ballots are unsigned. The ballots are corrupt, and they’re brand new and they don’t have a seal and there’s the whole thing with the ballots. But the ballots are corrupt.

And you are going to find that they are — which is totally illegal, it is more illegal for you than it is for them because, you know what they did and you’re not reporting it. That’s a criminal, that’s a criminal offense. And you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. And that’s a big risk. But they are shredding ballots, in my opinion, based on what I’ve heard. And they are removing machinery and they’re moving it as fast as they can, both of which are criminal finds. And you can’t let it happen and you are letting it happen. You know, I mean, I’m notifying you that you’re letting it happen. So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have because we won the state.

And flipping the state is a great testament to our country because, you know, this is — it’s a testament that they can admit to a mistake or whatever you want to call it. If it was a mistake, I don’t know. A lot of people think it wasn’t a mistake. It was much more criminal than that. But it’s a big problem in Georgia and it’s not a problem that’s going away. I mean, you know, it’s not a problem that’s going away.

Germany: This is Ryan. We’re looking into every one of those things that you mentioned. :pac::pac::pac:
    So what are we going to do here folks? I only need 11,000 votes. Fellas, I need 11,000 votes. Give me a break.

tenor.gif?itemid=13674114

is microwave popcorn ok?

Raffensperger: Well, I listened to what the president has just said. President Trump, we’ve had several lawsuits and we’ve had to respond in court to the lawsuits and the contentions. Um, we don’t agree that you have won. And we don’t — I didn’t agree about the 200,000 number that you’d mentioned. I’ll go through that point by point.

What we have done is we gave our state Senate about one and a half hours of our time going through the election issue by issue and then on the state House, the government affairs committee, we gave them about two and a half hours of our time, going back point by point on all the issues of contention. And then just a few days ago we met with our U.S. congressmen, Republican congressmen, and we gave them about two hours of our time talking about this past election. Going back, primarily what you’ve talked about here focused in on primarily, I believe, is the absentee ballot process. I don’t believe that you’re really questioning the Dominion machines. Because we did a hand retally, a 100 percent retally of all the ballots and compared them to what the machines said and came up with virtually the same result. Then we did the recount, and we got virtually the same result. So I guess we can probably take that off the table.

I don’t think there’s an issue about that.

Trump: Well, Brad. Not that there’s not an issue, because we have a big issue with Dominion in other states and perhaps in yours. But we haven’t felt we needed to go there. And just to, you know, maybe put a little different spin on what Mark is saying, Mark Meadows, uh, yeah we’d like to go further, but we don’t really need to. We have all the votes we need.

You know, we won the state. If you took, these are the most minimal numbers, the numbers that I gave you, those are numbers that are certified, your absentee ballots sent to vacant addresses, your out of state voters 4,925. You know when you add them up, it’s many more times, it’s many times the 11,779 number. So we could go through, we have not gone through your Dominion. So we can’t give them blessing. I mean, in other states, we think we found tremendous corruption with Dominion machines but we’ll have to see.

But we only lost the state by that number, 11,000 votes, and 779. So with that being said, with just what we have, with just what we have we’re giving you minimal, minimal numbers. We’re doing the most conservative numbers possible, we’re many times, many, many times above the margin. And so we don’t really have to, Mark, I don’t think we have to go through …

Meadows: Right

Trump: Because, what’s the difference between winning the election by two votes and winning it by half a million votes. I think I probably did win it by half a million. You know, one of the things that happened Brad, is we have other people coming in now from Alabama and from South Carolina and from other states, and they’re saying it’s impossible for you to have lost Georgia. We won. You know in Alabama, we set a record, got the highest vote ever. In Georgia, we set a record with a massive amount of votes. And they say it’s not possible to have lost Georgia.

And I could tell you by our rallies. I could tell you by the rally I’m having on Monday night, the place, they already have lines of people standing out front waiting. It’s just not possible to have lost Georgia. It's not possible. When I heard it was close I said there’s no way. But they dropped a lot of votes in there late at night. You know that, Brad. And that’s what we are working on very, very stringently. But regardless of those votes, with all of it being said, we lost by essentially 11,000 votes and we have many more votes already calculated and certified, too.

And so I just don’t know, you know, Mark, I don’t know what’s the purpose. I won’t give Dominion a pass because we found too many bad things. But we don’t need Dominion or anything else. We have won this election in Georgia based on all of this. And there’s nothing wrong with saying that, Brad. You know I mean, having the correct — the people of Georgia are angry. And these numbers are going to be repeated on Monday night. Along with others that we’re going to have by that time which are much more substantial even. And the people of Georgia are angry, the people of the country are angry. And there’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated. Because the 2,236 in absentee ballots. I mean, they’re all exact numbers that were done by accounting firms law firms, etc. and even if you cut ‘em in half, cut ‘em in half and cut ‘em in half, again, it’s more votes than we need.

Raffensperger: Well Mr. President, the challenge that you have is the data you have is wrong. We talked to the congressmen and they were surprised.

But they — I guess there was a person Mr. Braynard who came to these meetings and presented data and he said that there was dead people, I believe it was upward of 5,000. The actual number were two. Two. Two people that were dead that voted. So that’s wrong.
    Trump: Cleta, a lot of it you don’t need to be shared. I mean, to be honest, they should share. They should share it because you want to get to an honest election.

I won this election by hundreds of thousands of votes. There’s no way I lost Georgia. There’s no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes. I’m just going by small numbers when you add them up they’re many times the 11,000. But I won that state by hundreds of thousands of votes.

Do you think it’s possible that they shredded ballots in Fulton County? Because that’s what the rumor is. And also that Dominion took out machines. That Dominion is really moving fast to get rid of their, uh, machinery.

Do you know anything about that? Because that’s illegal, right?

Germany: This is Ryan Germany. No, Dominion has not moved any machinery out of Fulton County.

Trump: But have they moved the inner parts of the machines and replaced them with other parts?

Germany: No.

Trump: Are you sure, Ryan?

Germany: I’m sure. I’m sure, Mr. President.

Trump: What about, what about the ballots. The shredding of the ballots. Have they been shredding ballots?

Germany: The only investigation that we have into that — they have not been shredding any ballots. There was an issue in Cobb County where they were doing normal office shredding, getting rid of old stuff, and we investigated that. But this stuff from, you know, from you know past elections.

Trump: It doesn’t pass the smell test because we hear they’re shredding thousands and thousands of ballots and now what they’re saying, “Oh, we’re just cleaning up the office.” Yeah.

Raffensperger: Mr. President, the problem you have with social media, they — people can say anything.

Trump: Oh this isn’t social media. This is Trump media. It’s not social media. It’s really not it’s not social media. I don’t care about social media. I couldn’t care less. Social media is Big Tech. Big Tech is on your side. I don’t even know why you have a side, because you should want to have an accurate election. And you’re a Republican.

Raffensperger: We believe that we do have an accurate election.

Full of burgers.

Lucifer wrote: »
    is microwave popcorn ok?

You joke but my fiance is popping some on the stove now.

Not related at all to this, she just likes popcorn, but I made the same connection. :D

"they were stuffed like nobody's ever seen them stuffed before"

even when alleging cheating against him, he still trys to brag!

Raffensperger: Provisional ballots are allowed by state law.

Trump: Sure, but I mean, are they counted or did you just hold them back because they, you know, in other words, how many provisional ballots do you have in the state?

Raffensperger: We’ll get you that number.

Trump: Because most of them are made out to the name Trump. Because these are people that were scammed when they came in. And we have thousands of people that have testified or that want to testify when they came in they were probably going to vote on November 3. And they were told I’m sorry, you’ve already been voted for, you’ve already voted. The women, men started screaming, No. I proudly voted til November 3. They said, I’m sorry, but you’ve already been voted for and you have a ballot and these people are beside themselves. So they went out and they filled in a provisional ballot, putting the name Trump on it.

And what about that batch of military ballots that came in. And even though I won the military by a lot, it was 100 percent Trump. I mean 100 percent Biden. Do you know about that? A large group of ballots came in. I think it was to Fulton County and they just happened to be 100 percent for Trump — for Biden, even though Trump won the military by a lot, you know, a tremendous amount. But these ballots were 100 percent for Biden. And, do you know about that? A very substantial number came in, all for Biden. [long silence] Does anybody know about it?

Mitchell: I know about it, but —

Trump: OK, Cleta, I’m not asking you Cleta, honestly. I’m asking Brad. Do you know about the military ballots that we have confirmed now. Do you know about the military ballots that came in that were 100 percent, I mean 100 percent for Biden. Do you know about that?

Utterly unhinged.

"I give everybody the benefit of the doubt"

"We'll send you the link"
    "I dont care about a link.... Brad I have a much better link"

he is coming out with some good ones :D:D

Utterly unhinged.

You can smell the desperation

• Advertisement