Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

“he didn’t say it and if he did say it he didn’t mean it and if he did mean it he was just trying to get the RINOs to admit the truth that he won”

“Well Newsmax said they listened to it so I don’t have to. It’s fake news”

• Registered Users Posts: 19,805 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

everlast75 wrote: »

Is Trump also making a speech later today? He mentioned it in one of this tweets, that should be interesting.

• Georgia Republican leaders showing more backbone than the rest of the cowards standing behind Trump.

Good on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Is Trump also making a speech later today? He mentioned it in one of this tweets, that should be interesting.

Yeah he mentions it in this tweet.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346110956078817280?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

That’s the one, but I don’t think there was anything in his extremely busy agenda for the day about making a speech. I wonder how they’ll fit it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

That is.....quite something, indeed. :o

Edit: I mean, it's again something that looks like it was written by a child. Good old Devin, out to catch the big bad Democrats. Obviously something that Trump dictated to some sycophant.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1346124230845317120?s=19

Would be amazing if they announced an investigation.

Press conference in two hours...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1346124230845317120?s=19

Would be amazing if they announced an investigation.
    Overheal wrote: »
    Press conference in two hours...

A Republican Governor/SOS announcing an investigation into a Republican POTUS to day before a hugely consequential State election??

That would be huge beyond belief.

Just checked , the Fulton county DA is a Democrat! ( A black woman at that) - The Sh!t-fit that her opening an investigation into Trump would cause would be beyond epic.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    A Republican Governor/SOS announcing an investigation into a Republican POTUS to day before a hugely consequential State election??

That would be huge beyond belief.

Just checked , the Fulton county DA is a Democrat! ( A black woman at that) - The Sh!t-fit that her opening an investigation into Trump would cause would be beyond epic.

Well it won't be Raffensberger's office, they will recuse themselves as they could themselves be considered persons of interest in the forthcoming investigation.

Alls I knows is, if Purdue and Loeffler lose tomorrow, Trump is in the crosshairs of a second impeachment. They won't do another where GOP can just vote against having proceedings and move to acquit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Well it won't be Raffensberger's office, they will recuse themselves as they could themselves be considered persons of interest in the forthcoming investigation.

Alls I knows is, if Purdue and Loeffler lose tomorrow, Trump is in the crosshairs of a second impeachment. They won't do another where GOP can just vote against having proceedings and move to acquit.

I think they need 2/3rds to convict.

I think they need 2/3rds to convict.

Yes, but if the crime is egregious enough I think enough GOP will convict, and rid themselves of the Trump cult hold on DC.

Speaking of majorities though, if Dems win GA and the Senate is run by Democrats, they would also decide who the Vice President becomes in a contingent election (nobody getting to 270).

Basically there's no good outcome for the GOP here. Biden Won. If they try to say he didn't, They *might* be able to appoint a VP in the Senate*, but the House will boycott the vote and Pelosi will be sworn in on the 20th:

"if no person have [270], then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice."

The 20th Amendment and 3 US Code § 19 would thus make Pelosi, the re-elected Speaker of the House, the President, if no one qualified for the office before Noon on the 20th.

* In reality, we can find 3 or 4 Senators to un**** the mess and vote Harris in as VP were such a ridiculous scenario to occur. But in saying that, quorum is also 2/3rds of the Senate for that vote as well, which Dems can easily frustrate.

Yes, but if the crime is egregious enough I think enough GOP will convict, and rid themselves of the Trump cult hold on DC.

Speaking of majorities though, if Dems win GA and the Senate is run by Democrats, they would also decide who the Vice President becomes in a contingent election (nobody getting to 270).

Basically there's no good outcome for the GOP here. Biden Won. If they try to say he didn't, They *might* be able to appoint a VP in the Senate*, but the House will boycott the vote and Pelosi will be sworn in on the 20th:

"if no person have [270], then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice."

The 20th Amendment and 3 US Code § 19 would thus make Pelosi, the re-elected Speaker of the House, the President, if no one qualified for the office before Noon on the 20th.

* In reality, we can find 3 or 4 Senators to un**** the mess and vote Harris in as VP were such a ridiculous scenario to occur. But in saying that, quorum is also 2/3rds of the Senate for that vote as well, which Dems can easily frustrate.

Hmm. Which would also mean if the House fails to qualify a president with a quorum vote, then, VP Harris would assume the Presidency on the 20th, assuming that she had qualified in the Senate by then, not Pelosi, who would retain her Speaker chair. Perfect!

"if you don't want it turned over on discovery," then you probably should have checked the room for recording devices.

https://twitter.com/davedaley3/status/1345821765369524225?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I wonder what measured response we can expect from Trump on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

'its a partisan hit job'

Or from supporters?

https://twitter.com/shomaristone/status/1346152544679174144?s=20

Maybe Trump will try and issue on the fly pardons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This is a very impressive press conference to drive a truck through the nonsense Trump has been coming out with.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1346192651650002948

Gabriel Sterling knows his voting procedures. Is a conservative and apparently voted for Trump so to see him coming out like this is further evidence of off the mark Trump is. Surely they have to go after him legally for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Or from supporters?

https://twitter.com/shomaristone/status/1346152544679174144?s=20

Maybe Trump will try and issue on the fly pardons.

pardons from trump wont help. Offences under DC law are not federal offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

If charges were pressed tomorrow hypothetically, given that nine of this would get to court until trump was still out of office, can he be prosecuted as a civilian (as opposed to having republicans openly admit his guilt while still voting to clear him), or would they need to wait until Jan 20/21 to press charges in order for this to be the case?

If the latter, I expect they along with SDNY are almost certs to basically just be waiting on that date before getting anything in motion.

pardons from trump wont help. Offences under DC law are not federal offences.

Wasn't sure about that.

If charges were pressed tomorrow hypothetically, given that nine of this would get to court until trump was still out of office, can he be prosecuted as a civilian (as opposed to having republicans openly admit his guilt while still voting to clear him), or would they need to wait until Jan 20/21 to press charges in order for this to be the case?

If the latter, I expect they along with SDNY are almost certs to basically just be waiting on that date before getting anything in motion.

Barr was of the opinion that a sitting president could not be indicted. I'm happy for them to wait until the 21st to indict him.

Bill Clinton settled out of court with Paula Jones and his other outstanding legal matters in his lame duck period.

Charges don't need to be pressed before he leaves office, GA can wait to prosecute him as a civilian.

Wasn't sure about that.

It is all a bit odd in DC as you can probably imagine. The local DC law is not federal yet congress has the power to amend it. If you get charged with a felony under DC law the prosecuting attorneys will be federal prosecutors.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Faik noos...

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    Faik noos...

That's what he will say when they carry out his sentence...

Won't be fake though. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement