Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

everlast75 wrote: »

If they do target Trump with it, would love to see his little face when someone has to tell him a Presidential pardon doesnt work on Civil lawsuits :pac:

Also watched the Georgia press conference; great rundown of the truth behind all the "fake ballots" and such spouted by Team trump. Wonder if judges will, when faced by Gulianni or Co, will just play the first 20 minutes of it while looking at their phone and then dismiss the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think I read today that one court is considering sanctions having dismissed one of the latest cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Well, the only thing we can be sure of is that it's going to be a wild ride until 21st January. And probably for a long time after that. Trump and Trumpism aren't going away anytime soon.

I wouldn't be so sure. This is a personality cult that gained a following around his "winning". Just like the Chelsea and Man City fans that "always" supported those clubs 20 years ago, they got on the bandwagon and changed their beliefs around him. Now that his outlook is a little less positive, I expect a lot of them to put the MAGA hats away, as they have done in this thread, and wait for the next populist to come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You can really tell she's violating DC law here because she has a green screen in her "home" and the camera doesn't cut away between the studio and the street at. all. nope.

https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1345891049584132097?s=20

Of course, she'll never break the law, but her Q followers will believe she has.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,805 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Also watched the Georgia press conference; great rundown of the truth behind all the "fake ballots" and such spouted by Team trump. Wonder if judges will, when faced by Gulianni or Co, will just play the first 20 minutes of it while looking at their phone and then dismiss the case.

Thinking of sending the youtube link to Cheerful Spring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Overheal wrote: »
    Of course, she'll never break the law, but her Q followers will believe she has.

From her wikipedia page.
    In 2010, Boebert's neighbors called police because they alledge Boebert's pit bulls were threatening the life of their dogs. Boebert was issued a ticket for dog code violations.[60] In 2015, she was cited for misdemeanor disorderly conduct at a music festival for telling officers that their arrest of a couple of underage drinkers was unconstitutional without the teenagers receiving their Miranda warnings.[61] As she was being handcuffed, according to deputies’ reports, Boebert tried to twist away from police, saying that "she had friends at Fox News," and "that the arrest would be national news.”[61] Boebert twice failed to appear in court on the charge.[61] The petty offense was dismissed because the prosecutor believed a jury would not convict her.[61] In 2016, she was cited for operating an unsafe vehicle, a minor traffic charge, to which she pleaded guilty

No doubt another 'Law and Order' foghorn.

• Overheal wrote: »
    You can really tell she's violating DC law here because she has a green screen in her "home" and the camera doesn't cut away between the studio and the street at. all. nope.

"Forget what you hear on the fake news" , as she imitates walking with a gun on front of congress in Washington DC from a studio in Colorado in front of a green screen.

****ing hell, what a bonkers world we live in.

Thinking of sending the youtube link to Cheerful Spring

Probably best not to...you will just receive a cut version of the video of only the official outlining all the claims made against the Georgian electoral committee (and none of the explanations) and say its "proof" of him admitting they did it.

You would just need a clock in the background to watch the hands moving around ala Rock Bottom.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm pretty sure the weather currently in DC also mandates a very thick coat and sensible shoes.

robinph wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the weather currently in DC also mandates a very thick coat and sensible shoes.

The high on Wednesday is 7 C, low is -1. I don't think the MAGA rally is going to get the "millions" of "patriots" they are expecting either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The leader of the Proud Boys, Enrique Tarrio, was arrested in Washington.

Not going well.

I wouldn't be so sure. This is a personality cult that gained a following around his "winning". Just like the Chelsea and Man City fans that "always" supported those clubs 20 years ago, they got on the bandwagon and changed their beliefs around him. Now that his outlook is a little less positive, I expect a lot of them to put the MAGA hats away, as they have done in this thread, and wait for the next populist to come along.

Think it goes a little further than that.
    Apart from the conspiracy theory headbangers and other tools like the proud boys and the klan, for an average republican voter, him simply being on the republican ticket was enough to keep supporting him no matter what.

You have republican politicians and "journalists" like Cal Thomas for example, who before he got the nomination were stating how terrible a candidate he was. The same people who at this stage must be close to being paralysed from the neck down with the amount of twisting and bending they've done in excusing and defending trump during his tenure, simply because he was on the republican ticket.

From her wikipedia page.

No doubt another 'Law and Order' foghorn.

Apart from the fox news sh1te, the rest reads like a the background story when some low level drug dealer gets sentenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Not going well.

Glock Woman will rescue him.

Not going well.

Clearly it was a fake arrest by the DEEP STATE in conjunction with Venezuela and John McCain (he faked his death to throw Trump off his trail) in a bid by the Loser Democrats to stop true PATRIOTS from preventing the STEAL!

*runs around, waving hands in the air*

COUPCOUPCOUPCOUPCOUP!!!!!!

Sorry, just trying to fill the void the pro-Trumpers left...its just not the same without this kind of rational discourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Trump about to take the stage at the latest super spreader event.

Tippex wrote: »
    Trump about to take the stage at the latest super spreader event.

It might be his last rally ever.

GA AG showing remarkable constraint not to impound Air Force One. But, he is a Republican as well after all, and up for re-election in 2022 (and he did not win by a heck of a lot, either)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It might be his last rally ever.

GA AG showing remarkable constraint not to impound Air Force One. But, he is a Republican as well after all, and up for re-election in 2022 (and he did not win by a heck of a lot, either)

Given the trouble he faces once he is out of office, particularly from New York, there is every chance he won't be a candidate.

Given the trouble he faces once he is out of office, particularly from New York, there is every chance he won't be a candidate.

Actually, expect him to announce his candidacy immediately or preceding noon on January 20, he thinks being a candidate will give him certain protections from prosecution. Don't think it works like that, but it will give him a political narrative gullible followers will accept to oppose his prosecution.

Actually, expect him to announce his candidacy immediately or preceding noon on January 20, he thinks being a candidate will give him certain protections from prosecution. Don't think it works like that, but it will give him a political narrative gullible followers will accept to oppose his prosecution.

I do hope that happens. The GOP needs to be pushed into figuring out what it is that they want to be.

• Advertisement

I do hope that happens. The GOP needs to be pushed into figuring out what it is that they want to be.

It also puts a death stare at any Republican who announces a primary run.

Romney and others won't be deterred though.

Figuring themselves out indeed.

It also puts a death stare at any Republican who announces a primary run.

Romney and others won't be deterred though.

Figuring themselves out indeed.

This is it. Can they be a party of opposition with a chance to retake the presidency while being slavishly devoted to Trump at the same time? Especially as investigations take hold and possible criminal charges.

It doesn't seem like having him around until 2024 is going to help them. That's the problem with personality cults. They expire.

Sen. Hawley is gagging on crow.

https://twitter.com/samzcomedy/status/1346306369507438597?s=21

The first Senator to say they’d object to the election.

Sen. Hawley is gagging on crow.

https://twitter.com/samzcomedy/status/1346306369507438597?s=21

The first Senator to say they’d object to the election.

He was a prosecutor. He knows its a bull**** reference to a precedent. **** all good faith arguments. Just populism.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Clearly it was a fake arrest by the DEEP STATE in conjunction with Venezuela and John McCain (he faked his death to throw Trump off his trail) in a bid by the Loser Democrats to stop true PATRIOTS from preventing the STEAL!

*runs around, waving hands in the air*

COUPCOUPCOUPCOUPCOUP!!!!!!

Sorry, just trying to fill the void the pro-Trumpers left...its just not the same without this kind of rational discourse.

Definitely a coup. I heard some pigeons discussing it yesterday.

I'll get my coat.

Trump possibly planning to head to scotland on jan 19th

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1346170270982283273

Definitely a coup. I heard some pigeons discussing it yesterday.

I'll get my coat.

As far as bird puns are concerned, this is flocking awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Trump possibly planning to head to scotland on jan 19th

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1346170270982283273

I always take what Seth Abramson has to say with a pinch of salt as he tends to be a bit sensationalist.
    That said, to theorize, could the Assange ruling have something to do with trump's suspected move to Scotland?

• Advertisement

As far as bird puns are concerned, this is flocking awful...

I thought i could just swan in and post my joke without criticism but now I have to duck from the abuse and I fear my goose is cooked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement