Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I thought i could just swan in and post my joke without criticism but now I have to duck from the abuse and I fear my goose is cooked.

That's what you get for crowing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

duploelabs wrote: »
    I always take what Seth Abramson has to say with a pinch of salt as he tends to be a bit sensationalist.
    That said, to theorize, could the Assange ruling have something to do with trump's suspected move to Scotland?

I've never found seth to be sensationalist. he always quotes his sources. The tweet is just a link to a newspaper article.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I thought i could just swan in and post my joke without criticism but now I have to duck from the abuse and I fear my goose is cooked.

Would you two stop clucking away with your puns as you might find some posters robin them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

duploelabs wrote: »
    Would you two stop clucking away with your puns as you might find some posters robin them

Yes, let's get back to talking about Seth's tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Yes, let's get back to talking about Seth's tweets.

Mod
    Eggs-actly, can we leave it to the tweets for all the subtle 'bird' references.

And back on topic ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

And now I have to go to hospital because my eyes have rolled to the back of my skull are are refusing to come back.

Eq7ryjfWMAkQGxr?format=jpg&name=medium

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Overheal wrote: »
    Actually, expect him to announce his candidacy immediately or preceding noon on January 20, he thinks being a candidate will give him certain protections from prosecution. Don't think it works like that, but it will give him a political narrative gullible followers will accept to oppose his prosecution.

Actually - The main reason he will absolutely do it is so that he can keep fund-raising.

If he doesn't announce, he has to shutter the PAC's

He can keep gathering up cash from his gullible supporters and use it to fund the multitude of lawsuits he will be facing and when he eventually "decides" not to run he doesn't have to give the cash back to anyone.

Same reason he announced his 2020 campaign the day after inauguration - It's ALL about the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Overheal wrote: »
    All of this on just the one call we knew about...

https://twitter.com/christinalesyk/status/1346136404288483330?s=21

We'll his schedule did say that "he will work from early in the morning to late in the evening. He will make many calls..." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The prospect of Trump fleeing the country as the new guy takes over out of fear of repercussions sounds exactly like how dictatorships end when the people have had enough. Either that or they are killed. Says a lot about his personality and who he can be compared to.

Of course, this could just be more nonsense to distract.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The prospect of Trump fleeing the country as the new guy takes over out of fear of repercussions sounds exactly like how dictatorships end when the people have had enough. Either that or they are killed. Says a lot about his personality and who he can be compared to.

Of course, this could just be more nonsense to distract.

Shocked he isn’t flying to South America.

Are flights not banned to Scotland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,805 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump possibly planning to head to scotland on jan 19th

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1346170270982283273

Did Sturgeon not introduce a ban on flights into and out of Scotland?

Shocked he isn’t flying to South America.

Are flights not banned to Scotland?

the rules dont apply to donald.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

everlast75 wrote: »
    Did Sturgeon not introduce a ban on flights into and out of Scotland?

Whilst I doubt it's actually him I would assume that "Military" flights are subject to different rules to standard commercial flights

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You sir are a tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

what time can we expect an idea of the georgia results?

will cnn have a big map again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

eeepaulo wrote: »

It will be a little map, but a lot closer.

eeepaulo wrote: »

what we'll likely have is something very similar to the November count.

1st indicators will be early morning tomorrow our time - They will probably show a GOP lead as at that point they will have only really counted the in-person votes , then during the day we'll almost certainly see that gap close steadily with the Democrat candidates getting increasingly larger shares of the vote at each update as a larger and larger proportion of the count comes from mail-in/early ballots.

This will send Trump and his allies off the deep-end , screaming about how "It's being stolen again!!"

Of course , it won't be being stolen , it's just how the counts go under the rules enforced by the Republicans themselves.

After the November results I would have said that the GOP were the favourites to hold the seats as the vote then was really an anti-Trump vote rather than an anti-GOP vote.

Now though , with all that has gone on over the last few weeks the Democrats have a real shot here , but it will be razor thin either way.

No matter what happens though , there will be recounts and there will be court cases.

The new Senators from the Georgia will not be taking their seats in Washington for some time to come yet.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    what we'll likely have is something very similar to the November count.

1st indicators will be early morning tomorrow our time - They will probably show a GOP lead as at that point they will have only really counted the in-person votes , then during the day we'll almost certainly see that gap close steadily with the Democrat candidates getting increasingly larger shares of the vote at each update as a larger and larger proportion of the count comes from mail-in/early ballots.

This will send Trump and his allies off the deep-end , screaming about how "It's being stolen again!!"

Of course , it won't be being stolen , it's just how the counts go under the rules enforced by the Republicans themselves.

After the November results I would have said that the GOP were the favourites to hold the seats as the vote then was really an anti-Trump vote rather than an anti-GOP vote.

Now though , with all that has gone on over the last few weeks the Democrats have a real shot here , but it will be razor thin either way.

No matter what happens though , there will be recounts and there will be court cases.

The new Senators from the Georgia will not be taking their seats in Washington for some time to come yet.

This just prompted a thought.

Let's imagine a scenario where the Democrats win both seats in a very narrow result - Perdue/Loeffler pursue legal challenges and recounts etc. meaning that the two Democrats cannot be sworn in until the challenges are resolved.

Al Franken back in 2008 didn't take up his seat for 6 months or more while they went through all the legal challenges.

In that scenario , the GOP would have a 50-48 lead in the Senate - Does that mean that McConnell would remain as Majority leader potentially for a few weeks/months longer until such time as the results are finally confirmed?

Even in losing the GOP could stymie Biden trying to confirm his cabinet if McConnell got to keep control for a few weeks after the Inauguration while they exhaust the court case angle.

This just prompted a thought.

Let's imagine a scenario where the Democrats win both seats in a very narrow result - Perdue/Loeffler pursue legal challenges and recounts etc. meaning that the two Democrats cannot be sworn in until the challenges are resolved.

Al Franken back in 2008 didn't take up his seat for 6 months or more while they went through all the legal challenges.

In that scenario , the GOP would have a 50-48 lead in the Senate - Does that mean that McConnell would remain as Majority leader potentially for a few weeks/months longer until such time as the results are finally confirmed?

Even in losing the GOP could stymie Biden trying to confirm his cabinet if McConnell got to keep control for a few weeks after the Inauguration while they exhaust the court case angle.

it would do that but it would have no practical effect. Trump has had unconfirmed cabinet members throughout his presidency.

• Advertisement

it would do that but it would have no practical effect. Trump has had unconfirmed cabinet members throughout his presidency.

Not sure on that - I know that Trump was able to put in place these "acting" roles , but they were as temporary replacements to previously confirmed office holders. Not sure if Biden could do the same thing with the 1st nominee

the rules dont apply to donald.
    Whilst I doubt it's actually him I would assume that "Military" flights are subject to different rules to standard commercial flights

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1346464184079245313?s=20

Not sure on that - I know that Trump was able to put in place these "acting" roles , but they were as temporary replacements to previously confirmed office holders. Not sure if Biden could do the same thing with the 1st nominee

The first appointments are more likely to acting secretaries than any others. Senate confirmation of the entire cabinet doesn't take place on the presidents first day in office.

• Ah jaysus. Plan B could be Doonbeg.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,172 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ah jaysus. Plan B could be Doonbeg.

No way MM will have the balls to stand up to him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

VinLieger wrote: »
    No way MM will have the balls to stand up to him

Stand up to him? The man will have zero power at that stage, there is no benefit whatsoever to MM to let him come.

Golf courses are currently closed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 18,172 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Stand up to him? The man will have zero power at that stage, there is no benefit whatsoever to MM to let him come.

Golf courses are currently closed anyway

And im saying still MM does not have the balls to stand up to him unlike Nicola Sturgeon. Its not about benefit its about MM's absolute lack of a spine.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Expect some "self isolating" covid excuse

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement