Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

VinLieger wrote: »
    And im saying still MM does not have the balls to stand up to him unlike Nicola Sturgeon. Its not about benefit its about MM's absolute lack of a spine.

MM as minister for health brought in the smoking ban before every other European country making Ireland an outlier at the time iirc. He's also one of the few of the Bertie era inner circle to not bow out at the 2011 election rather than face the ire of the general public when electioneering. Wouldn't be a fan of the man at all but he's shown he has spine in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

What a coward Pence is.

He's thinking about his own future presidential election bid, so the less he is tied to this cluster**** the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

He's thinking about his own future presidential election bid, so the less he is tied to this cluster**** the better.

Sure, the problem is that Trump has tied him in whether he wants or not. HE is telling supporters that Pence will sort everything out, that Pence will be their saviour.

It's rubbish of course, but then the truth is never a priority for Trump supporters. So many of them will see a failure of Pence to stop Biden becoming POTUS as a direct insult to Trump and this to them - again Pence can actually do nothing but that is not important to the narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

And yet 74m people think that these are the guys that should be running their country!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So , Did Grassley completely misspeak or did he just throw Pence under the bus?

Given that Grassley has been around the block for a long time I'm leaning toward the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

everlast75 wrote: »

Haha well that'd be entirely true to form. Every single time these people are faced with anything, they make exactly the wrong call. Disgusting cowards, but you'd expect no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump possibly planning to head to scotland on jan 19th

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1346170270982283273

They have an extradition treaty, though.

Perhaps Trump is catching a leg to Moscow. Good luck with that under a Scottish lockdown though.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I was like "WHAAAA?"

https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1346477610491023379?s=20

It made no sense. Pence even canceled his Israel trip. He'd have been done politically if he called out sick tomorrow (and with nowhere to go).

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

Maybe Nigel Farrage could let him stay in the box room for few months !

Trump not allowed into Scotland to escape Biden inauguration, Sturgeon warns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What a coward Pence is.

Smart move. Far from a coward. I fully expect Biden, who won't last a wet weekend in office, and Harris, to screw up when they take office and the next president will be a Republican. Pence is as good a shout as anyone to be that President.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

tara2k wrote: »
    Smart move. Far from a coward. I fully expect Biden, who won't last a wet weekend in office, and Harris, to screw up when they take office and the next president will be a Republican. Pence is as good a shout as anyone to be that President.

october called and asked for its talking points back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

tara2k wrote: »

Ah, a new arrival. You already seem fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I wonder what's going through Gabriel Sterling's mind these days - a lifelong Republican who's suffered threats and intimidation and had his name dragged through the mud for months for just doing his job well. He always has answers for the accusations and seems a very decent sort. Will he vote Republican again? Does he think the GOP will return to something different after Trump goes? Or would he still want Trump to be president even allowing for all that goes on? I'd be really keen to know.

I wonder what's going through Gabriel Sterling's mind these days - a lifelong Republican who's suffered threats and intimidation and had his name dragged through the mud for months for just doing his job well. He always has answers for the accusations and seems a very decent sort. Will he vote Republican again? Does he think the GOP will return to something different after Trump goes? Or would he still want Trump to be president even allowing for all that goes on? I'd be really keen to know.

Apparently he voted for Trump in November.

If that is true, given what Trump had said and done in the lead up to the election I think they can rely on Sterling's vote being safe.

That being said, he clearly believes Trump lost and will not be President and given Sterling's comments in relation to the call on Sunday, I don't think he would want Trump to be President again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The firm of one of the lawyers on Trumps side on Saturdays call has released the following statement.
    Firm Response to Reports of Partner Cleta Mitchell’s Involvement in Post-Election Challenges
    04 January 2021 Media Contact: Dan Farrell News
    Foley & Lardner LLP is not representing any parties seeking to contest the results of the presidential election. In November, the firm made a policy decision not to take on any representation of any party in connection with matters related to the presidential election results. Our policy did allow our attorneys to participate in observing election recounts and similar actions on a voluntary basis in their individual capacity as private citizens so long as they did not act as legal advisers. We are aware of, and are concerned by, Ms. Mitchell’s participation in the January 2 conference call and are working to understand her involvement more thoroughly.

Either it was a 'settlement conference' (it wasn't) and she is in trouble with her firm, or it was in relation to 'observing election recounts' and her client is in trouble for breaking the law.

Cleta is probably a tad concerned right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,805 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The firm of one of the lawyers on Trumps side on Saturdays call has released the following statement.

Either it was a 'settlement conference' (it wasn't) and she is in trouble with her firm, or it was in relation to 'observing election recounts' and her client is in trouble for breaking the law.

Cleta is probably a tad concerned right now.

I found out today she was one of the first trump surrogate appearing on fox the day Biden was declared the winner, saying that Trump won.

She's all in.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,170 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So how do people think this Congress run off will go?
    I fear it's most likely to be one seat each which would give the Republicans the narrow majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

These people are ****ing insane.

I found out today she was one of the first trump surrogate appearing on fox the day Biden was declared the winner, saying that Trump won.

She's all in.

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1346571619519623173?s=19

#ETTD

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Billy Mays wrote: »
    State of this d!ckhead

What the f*ck is Freedom Plaza?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

What the f*ck is Freedom Plaza?
    I was certain it would be a Bush Jr Freedom Fries Iraq thing, but it's actually from 1988 and related to Martin Luther King.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Does it have a Supermacs?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

John King is back at the wall on CNN.

These main chanells, CNN and others, are so scared to give real analysis they are pointless. John King on the wall... a load of bollox.
    They know from those early results who has won but they are afraid to say it. There are people online who can see from those early results who has won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Anyone have a link to watch cnn online?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement