Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Ossof now leading by 12.8K votes
    61,000 left of which 56,000 are mail in, 4,000 of which are early, and just 1,000 of which are from in person votes from yesterday.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/05/us/elections/forecast-georgia-senate-runoff.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

SnazzyPig wrote: »
    I live in a part of Ireland that has crappier broadband Svalbard but I get Sky, BBC an CNN as if I was living next door to the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.....

go figure...

Svalbard (well in the Longyearbyen area) has fantastic broadband due to all the satellite ground stations in the area. Probably better than most of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Warnock declared winner (apologies if already posted :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

Trump might actually do us a favour and set fire to everyone before he crawls away.

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1346650696683282439

Pence, a so called evangelical Christian knew Trump to be a philandering cheat and liar, who previously supported the right to choose, what a hypocrite, l hope he gets all the blowback he deserves for supporting him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Looks like Blue Lives don't matter any more. Disgusting that Trump and the Republicans are encouraging these violent rioters.

But but Antifa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

everlast75 wrote: »
    It is hard to decide who did more for Democrat votes. Stacey Abrams or Donald Trump.

I'd be inclined to give that accolade to Abrams, the difference between the performance of the nutter Trump branch canditate and the normal branch canditate of the reps is very small and they both lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭briany

I assume that trying to get Biden's presidency blocked in Congress is Trump's last roll of the dice, surely? After that must begin Operation F@ck Off to Mar a Lago (after the perfunctory Twitter meltdown, of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Just count the mail-ins first, trump would have less conspiracy ****e then, be hoping most if not all reps now stand up to him at this stage, eric trump threatening politicians on twitter, he should be told to fcuk right off. One main wall street guy Chamath Palihapitiya said few days ago the way things are in 10 years a centrist party will be present for the vast majority of decent Americans to get behind, its ridiculous at this stage both sides have a lot of idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

newhouse87 wrote: »
    Just count the mail-ins first, trump would have less conspiracy ****e then, be hoping most if not all reps now stand up to him at this stage, eric trump threatening politicians on twitter, he should be told to fcuk right off.

in the states that trump is disputing they have laws that prevent the counting of mail-in votes until other votes are counted. in some cases they cannot even verify that mail-in votes are valid until the in-person votes are counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭dam099

I'd be inclined to give that accolade to Abrams, the difference between the performance of the nutter Trump branch canditate and the normal branch canditate of the reps is very small and they both lost.

Yet another reason for Trump to be unhappy with Kemp, maybe if he hadn't been as successful with his overzealous purge of the voter rolls in 2018 she would be Governor now and not such a successful advocate for voter registration.

I also find it interesting that while Kemp clearly isn't averse to a bit of election skullduggery even he has lines he won't cross for Trump with whom he was previously closely aligned.

• Advertisement

in the states that trump is disputing they have laws that prevent the counting of mail-in votes until other votes are counted. in some cases they cannot even verify that mail-in votes are valid until the in-person votes are counted.

After all this ****, them laws should be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Republicans have been blocking changes so this situation would arise and they can claim fraud.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Newsmax have called it for Warnock and are saying the Ossoff/Perdue race is too close to call , which is reasonable , just about.

OANN however haven't updated their story on the Election since about 8pm last night when both GOP candidates had slight leads. Clearly struggling to work out a way to break the news to their viewers..

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Republicans have been blocking changes so this situation would arise and they can claim fraud.

And - You can absolutely guarantee that in those States with GOP controlled State Houses are going to go scorched earth on Voting rights over the next few years.

They will implement every single barrier and impediment that they can get away with.

They have seen what happens when you make it easier to vote , they won't let that happen again.

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Ossof now leading by 12.8K votes

16.35K votes ahead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Newsmax have called it for Warnock and are saying the Ossoff/Perdue race is too close to call , which is reasonable , just about.

OANN however haven't updated their story on the Election since about 8pm last night when both GOP candidates had slight leads. Clearly struggling to work out a way to break the news to their viewers..

Probably waiting until Trump makes an allegation of fraud so they can report that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

dam099 wrote: »
    Yet another reason for Trump to be unhappy with Kemp, maybe if he hadn't been as successful with his overzealous purge of the voter rolls in 2018 she would be Governor now and not such a successful advocate for voter registration.

I also find it interesting that while Kemp clearly isn't averse to a bit of election skullduggery even he has lines he won't cross for Trump with whom he was previously closely aligned.
    It's actually better than just that. In July 2017 Ossoff lost a special election in the House to a Republican named Karen Handel, when many thought Ossoff would win.

Electoral reform advocates put in a lawsuit to challenge Georgia's antiquated election system and technology, which would have opened up quite a bit of info on what happened during that election/the data therein.

The state of Georgia in response to this immediately deleted every piece of data related to the 2017 special election so that nobody could see what happened. How it wasn't a bigger deal for longer or how many people did not go to jail, I have no idea.

Ossoff had proven a very popular candidate, which carried over to this election and at present appears to have gottrn him into the Senate where others may have failed (stil lsome votes to go though!), and gave democrats the effective majority because of kamala harris' tie breaking vote, and thus house/senate/presidency. There is an argument that Brian Kemp played as big a role as Trump or any of the 4 candidates in how 2020 went for the state of Georgia (Stacey Abrams also, though as noted she is largely thanks to Kemp as well).

And to top it all off, Karen Handel then lost her House seat about 4 or 5 months later to a different democrat! :pac:

https://apnews.com/article/877ee1015f1c43f1965f63538b035d3f

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump still tweeting nonsense and attempting to restore Pence, This is his get out clause, He will spend the next 4 years blaming Pence for being "soft". Jared or Ivanka as his next running mate?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346808075626426371?s=19

He must be desperate if he is making public appeals to Pence. Pence must have told him to get stuffed in private.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

My understanding of these things is sketchy but is it fair to say the Democrats have the senate? 50/50 if Perdue manages a win but Kamala Harris with the tie-breaking vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Those complaining about the voter machine fraud allegations really have their noodle wrinkled when you point out that, in February, the House sent the GOP 3 election security bills - and the GOP blocked them.... one of those bills would have made it illegal to connect any voting machine to the internet.

Despite my best intentions rather than dispel them of the Trump myth that just leads them to believe the CCP has bought the GOP. ugh

My understanding of these things is sketchy but is it fair to say the Democrats have the senate? 50/50 if Perdue manages a win but Kamala Harris with the tie-breaking vote.

Ossoff has to win to make it 50-50. The dems would then control the senate with Harris's casting vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ossoff has to win to make it 50-50. The dems would then control the senate with Harris's casting vote.

Ossoff is going to win.

I think Ossof will win but not without recounts.

Both candidates will file objections to all of this. That could delay the certification of the runoff by as much as 15 days I think under GA election laws, thats what AP said anyway.

There are 2 independents in the Senate that normally caucus with Democrats (Bernie, and Angus King), but technically yes they have the votes to defeat McConnel's "grim reaper" status.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

"The people counting ballots happened to keep counting ballots! What fools we are! The humanity!"

Overheal wrote: »

Both candidates will file objections to all of this. That could delay the certification of the runoff by as much as 15 days I think under GA election laws, thats what AP said anyway.

There are 2 independents in the Senate that normally caucus with Democrats (Bernie, and Angus King), but technically yes they have the votes to defeat McConnel's "grim reaper" status.

That will be interesting given the torrent of abuse that Kemp and Raffensberger have endured for the last few months.

According to Ballotpedia , the Georgia recount rules are :-
    • Does state law require automatic recounts?

No.

• When must an automatic recount be completed?

There are no automatic recounts in this state.

• Can a recount be requested?

Yes. Election officials, including the secretary of state, may request recounts under certain circumstances explained below. These recounts may be conducted before the certification of election results. A losing candidate may also request a recount if the margin is less than or equal to 0.5%. This threshold was set in 2019 following the passage of H.B. 319. There are no set deadlines for the completion of a candidate-requested recount.

• Who pays for a requested recount?

State law does not specify who is responsible for costs associated with a requested recount but the secretary of state's office has indicated that the state covers all costs.

• Is a refund available for requested recount costs?

• Not applicable. According to the Secretary of State, the state covers the cost of requested recounts.

• Can a partial recount be requested?

No.

It looks like neither GOP candidate will be inside the 0.5% margin for them to request a recount , so it will be down to Raffensberger to make the request.

How predisposed will he be to pander to another round of crap?

He's likely damned by them either way - He might decide it's better to get it over with and just deny the recount right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

"The people counting ballots happened to keep counting ballots! What fools we are! The humanity!"

I remember a piece where John Oliver pointed out the fact that Trump doesn't seem to understand the difference between "finding" and "counting". As he said, Finding Nemo could've been a very different film. "Counting Nemo". One Nemo. The end :D

Joe Manchin and Mark Kelly, conservative dems will put paid to any radical legislation.

• Advertisement

Joe Manchin and Mark Kelly, conservative dems will put paid to any radical legislation.

I'm sure it will be nice to get some legislation through the senate instead of bills sitting on McConnells desk. I can't imagine them going for radical.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement