Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

titan18 wrote: »
    Bit random comparisons tbf.

Any look on Reddit or twitter over the last few months and you'd see people advocating for trump supporters to be rounded up etc. Even prominent people on the left were on about creating lists of everyone who supported/donated to trump so that people never forget etc, and we all saw the violence over the summer and what was being advocated for.

I don't like Trump, I think he's an idiot, but I can easily see why those who support him feel like they're backed into a corner and now they're lashing out (obviously encouraged to as well by Trump) with some of the rhetoric on the left much like how black people have lashed out with the BLM violence.

I disagree with both actions, both sides are idiots as actions like this hurt your cause more than help it imo

Both sides. JFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Outlaw Pete, ExMachina and Drunk Monkey looking for his 500 off Nancy Pelosi.
    D.Q wrote: »
    Is that outlaw Pete?
    Yes, yes it is

Mod

Dont post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

I wonder how Hannity, Ingraham, Tucker, OAN and Newsmax will try to spin today's events

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    It's the perfect end to his presidency. Go out like an absolute idiot with his army of gob****es making a fool of him, themselves and the Republican party.

This post is hilarious! Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Why? It's a show of force, designed to stop exactly what we are witnessing. They were criticised for taking this approach, so they take a hands off approach and get criticised again (by the 'left' in both instances). They can't win.

they can win. they can respond proportionally to what is in front of them. they have continually failed to do this.

• Advertisement

I think it's more of a stupid riot than a coup.

Hopefully.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

His latest video tweet was a chance to calm things down, all he needed to say was go home, but he had to keep it about him and how he lost the election and how great the people breaking into the Capitol were.

Total nutbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Is this or isn't this an attempted coup d'état?

I wouldn't say so myself obviously it's a very extreme form of protest but to claim it's an attempted coup d'état is a bit ridiculous IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Call of Duty servers will be empty this evening.

Bowie wrote: »
    Imagine a few black lads storming the building. There'd be a few dead black lads and Republicans claiming they got what they deserved.
    This is your white privilege right here.

The race baiters are out in full force tonight anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,499 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Funny that more people turned up at Capital Hill at the end of his presidency than at the start 4 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Why? It's a show of force, designed to stop exactly what we are witnessing. They were criticised for taking this approach, so they take a hands off approach and get criticised again (by the 'left' in both instances). They can't win.

You'd have an argument if the Police haven't always given white protesters completely different, softer treatment than black protesters.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,706 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    I wonder how Hannity, Ingraham, Tucker, OAN and Newsmax will try to spin today's events

Newsmax are saying that we need to see if there were Antifa involved in this but that the one thing which is clear is that American people cannot stand by and watch their rights being taken from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭pawdee

pjohnson wrote: »
    Is Racoon McTattoo this groups leader?

“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

breezy1985 wrote: »
    These people have not been backed into any corner. They got their democratic right to vote but they lost that's it. No excuse for what is happening

You don't think Reddit poster and Twitter people telling people you're all a bunch of racists/white privilege/white supremacists, you should all be rounded up, create lists of people, take land off ye (all things I've seen mentioned on twitter and places like /r/politics) isn't backing people into a corner. Never mind that a fair amount are likely low level cops or have family members who are that and they're asking for your jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Ingraham has already tried to say it's Antifa in disguise if I remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The race baiters are out in full force tonight anyway.
    He's not wrong though is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

Reports of 2 people shot inside capitol hill

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Renjit wrote: »
    Peak maga level

qPkEVOF.jpg

And some people call this a coup??;)
    I suppose wait till it gets dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,706 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

robinph wrote: »
    His latest video tweet was a chance to calm things down, all he needed to say was go home, but he had to keep it about him and how he lost the election and how great the people breaking into the Capitol were.

Total nutbag.

That was something else wasn't it. He's a complete narcissist and said that he loves the same people who he was imploring to be peaceful.

I would be a Trump supporter but he needs to step down asap, admit he lost.

The people who broke the law need to be arrested and the rest of them need to go home. It's over. Get revenge in the next election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Boggerman12

No doubt blame the radical left/democratic party and the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Looks like many of these failed businessman supporting IQ deficient sewer rats are slowly crawling away from their sinking ship without masks exposing themselves for future arrest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I would be a Trump supporter but he needs to step down asap, admit he lost.

The people who broke the law need to be arrested and the rest of them need to go home. It's over. Get revenge in the next election.
    Still???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

titan18 wrote: »
    Bit random comparisons tbf.

Any look on Reddit or twitter over the last few months and you'd see people advocating for trump supporters to be rounded up etc. Even prominent people on the left were on about creating lists of everyone who supported/donated to trump so that people never forget etc, and we all saw the violence over the summer and what was being advocated for.

I don't like Trump, I think he's an idiot, but I can easily see why those who support him feel like they're backed into a corner and now they're lashing out (obviously encouraged to as well by Trump) with some of the rhetoric on the left much like how black people have lashed out with the BLM violence.

I disagree with both actions, both sides are idiots as actions like this hurt your cause more than help it imo

these actions are not comparable "I disagree with both actions". One is anonymous internet invented proxies writing comments, i.e. meaningless discourse, the other is illegally rioting and invading the capitol building, endangering the public and injuring police officers.

And we are supposed to feel sorry for them because they read some mean words on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Hyperbole like calling this terrorism does nothing to alleviate the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Both sides. JFC.

Well, yes, I think the lads who looted and burned stuff back in the summer are also idiots who damaged their cause. Sure, storming the Capitol is worse than burning a Wendy's but imo neither should have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Newsmax are saying that we need to see if there were Antifa involved in this but that the one thing which is clear is that American people cannot stand by and watch their rights being taken from them.

Obviously their right to rule, whether they win or lose elections

• Advertisement

they can win. they can respond proportionally to what is in front of them. they have continually failed to do this.

They responded proportionally in the aforementioned image. A large show of force, don't **** about with us. Got criticsed for it. They try a different different approach, get criticized for it. And by the same people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement