Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

I wouldn't say so myself obviously it's a very extreme form of protest but to claim it's an attempted coup d'état is a bit ridiculous IMO.

I'm certainly hoping it's not being masterminded by Trump. I did say he looks a bit nervous, like never before, so I think it's something he approved of but that started to go too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

This all started with the media's absolutely appalling spin on how the election was going to go.

The polls were pure lies, and enabled by the meida.

Personally I think reports over voter fraud are extremely weak and I'm not supporting DT in trying to overturn the election whatsoever, just to be clear.

However it is clear as day why people are angry. Even some of the most anti-trump meida pundits I know were honest enough to admit that the media were appalling pre election in their bias. One pundit said "You'd think watching both the US and UK meida that Donald Trump would get no votes at all".

Biden only just won the election. He won pivotal states by <1% in some cases, which is why of course it took so long for the final result to be confirmed.

This is in large part due to our wretched western media, Spin Spin Spin. They cannot deny culpability for what has transpired. Of course it's not all their fault but they are bad actors in all this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,974 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    And some people call this a coup??;)
    I suppose wait till it gets dark.

A coup requires a degree of competence. I'm surprised these individuals are bipedal to be honest.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

D.Q wrote: »
    How is there no police response to this

America is fundamentally and systematically racist.

The trigger happy cops suddenly finding their restraint in the face of white terrorists is an absolute disgrace and only serves to empower these mouth breathing, racist morons.

Not the first time we've seen it, remember the anti lockdown protests with all the gun-nuts a few months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Is this or isn't this an attempted coup d'état?

It looks like a nah from me.
    Unless we see the army in key cities and state capitals waving Trump flags, it's a nutter protest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,483 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

titan18 wrote: »
    You don't think Reddit poster and Twitter people telling people you're all a bunch of racists/white privilege/white supremacists, you should all be rounded up, create lists of people, take land off ye (all things I've seen mentioned on twitter and places like /r/politics) isn't backing people into a corner. Never mind that a fair amount are likely low level cops or have family members who are that and they're asking for your jobs

Those sites are full of horrible people saying horrible things I agree.

But it is no excuse for cosplaying Ghost Recon and storming Capitol Hill or believing conspiracy nuts about election fraud. If you think reddit comments are enough to start a violent coup there's no hope for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Renjit wrote: »
    Peak maga level

qPkEVOF.jpg

Hilarious. What time is Mom picking them up in the minivan?

There is a lot of hyperbole about this situation. At the end of the day there were a few windows broken, may or may not be a cop injured. It's not good but in comparison the the deaths and destruction in places like Seattle and Portland during the year, it's pretty tame stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Why? It's a show of force, designed to stop exactly what we are witnessing. They were criticised for taking this approach, so they take a hands off approach and get criticised again (by the 'left' in both instances). They can't win.

I missed the criticism that the police didn't take enough selfies...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

And some people call this a coup??;)
    I suppose wait till it gets dark.

The hobits took a wrong turn at Isengard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

It looks like a nah from me.
    Unless we see the army in key cities and state capitals waving Trump flags, it's a nutter protest

+1 A bunch of loopers. The media are getting off on it though. It'll fill hours of telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

They responded proportionally in the aforementioned image. A large show of force, don't **** about with us. Got criticsed for it. They try a different different approach, get criticized for it. And by the same people.

Given the thousands of BLM protests that went on last year, do you expect us to believe this nonsense that it was merely a shift in defense strategy being employed by security rather than being influence by who it was that was facing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

They responded proportionally in the aforementioned image. A large show of force, don't **** about with us. Got criticsed for it. They try a different different approach, get criticized for it. And by the same people.

you are basing your entire viewpoint off one image? JFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Screen-Shot-2020-07-27-at-4.56.53-PM.png?fit=1308%2C676&ssl=1

Word

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

titan18 wrote: »
    Well, yes, I think the lads who looted and burned stuff back in the summer are also idiots who damaged their cause. Sure, storming the Capitol is worse than burning a Wendy's but imo neither should have happened.

One group were criminals that were widely condemned. The other group have the backing of the US president plus hundreds of gop senators.

But yeah of course just one side as bad as the other nonsense. This false equivalence is the ultimate way to cop out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

There is a lot of hyperbole about this situation. At the end of the day there were a few windows broken, may or may not be a cop injured. It's not good but in comparison the the deaths and destruction in places like Seattle and Portland during the year, it's pretty tame stuff.

People who attacked the capital and democracy following a fascist?

This isn’t time. To even insinuate so is disgraceful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Endintheclowns

These 75 million Trump supporters aren't going away that's the issue. The real problem is when someone with Trumps ideas comes along but with a semblance of intelligence it will get really hairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The hobits took a wrong turn at Isengard
    I think trolls would be a better description...

The fecking state of them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Still???

People who fell for 419 scams back in the day are still falling for scams. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

these actions are not comparable "I disagree with both actions". One is anonymous internet invented proxies writing comments, i.e. meaningless discourse, the other is illegally rioting and invading the capitol building, endangering the public and injuring police officers.

And we are supposed to feel sorry for them because they read some mean words on the internet?

I mean AOC who isn't a random internet proxy was calling for lists of Trump supporters and donors to be kept tbf, and plenty of videos of trump supporters being harassed. Theres been a lot of dangerous rhetoric on the left around Trump and his supporters and whilst some is fair, a lot wasn't (more so on his supporters than Trump here)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,974 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

This is simply pathetic. People here defending this attack on democracy would be outraged if BLM even appeared outside the Capitol.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,720 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Sad sad scenes from the greatest democracy in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 35,034 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Dr. Bre wrote: »

I think it lost that moniker a long time ago.

Dr. Bre wrote: »

It's never been a great democracy. The electoral college, the absurd idea of giving each state two senators, lobbying, etc... It's more of an oligarchy buoyed by high levels of patriotism and national wealth.

Two mins ago, and starts off with "we had an election stolen from us" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

edit: bahaha, Twitter added the "Diputed Information" tag to it

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346928882595885058

Why don’t they just tag these for what they are - lies and sedition

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

What is happening today might have been the best thing to root out the worst of the right more than what would have happened today went peacefully.

All these old takes about the right being peacefully are glorious though. They were exactly who everyone with common sense knew them to be.

https://twitter.com/TomiLahren/status/1323739504046465025?s=20

+1 A bunch of loopers. The media are getting off on it though. It'll fill hours of telly.

CNN are creaming themselves trying to milk it to death. "Coup d'etat", "terrorism". The hyperbole is up to the max.

They are making it seem like the situation is escalating when it looks like people are dispersing peacefully. Embarrassing.

A coup requires a degree of competence. I'm surprised these individuals are bipedal to be honest.

So does should being a President. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

France maybe? Didnt they start this whole democratic age?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

golfball37 wrote: »
    Hyperbole like calling this terrorism does nothing to alleviate the situation.

What else do you call it?

A group of people show up, attack a government building to stop a constitutional process, they assault people and damage property for political reasons.
    terrorism
    /ˈtɛrərɪzəm/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
    "the fight against terrorism"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement