Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

titan18 wrote: »
    I mean the other group has the backing of democrat senators aswell tbf. I'm also pretty sure these ones tonight will be widely condemned.

I do think both sides (at least the extremists on both sides) are as bad as each other though. Probably a good 70% in the middle who just want it to all stop and work and have a life who get caught up it in all then.

This was not just a protest. If this was a protest on the streets of washington and it turned violent then yeah could make comparison with the summer.
    This group stormed the capitol building, US senators had to be evacuated. There is no way a BLM protest would have got anywhere near this. The army would be firing live rounds before a BLM protest would storm the seat of government at a crucial time like this.

There was always the possibility of violence but the security was paltry. Maybe the fact DC national guard are under federal control is the reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,974 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You hear a lot about America being the greatest democracy in the world and all that jazz but the real story is its a country full of right and left wing nut jobs. Hopefully Biden can unite them but I seriously doubt it.

I think the festering started with the abolition of the fairness doctrine in the eighties allowing "news" channels to peddle spin, lies and disinformation.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭valoren

Starts off with the "election was stolen from us" schtik. Talk about validating WHY these clowns are there in the first place. One would like to think Mitch would finally grow a pair and ring Trump later tonight threatening him with the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,151 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Meh at least it's not the left they would already be "peaceful" looting and vandalizing

• Registered Users Posts: 26,483 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

weisses wrote: »
    Sure ... CNN is the problem here :rolleyes:

CNN, the left, Antifa, AOC even Obama has got some blame on here tonight.

Some sad deluded insecure people hanging on desperately to Trump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The Incelrection.

Low iQ-Anon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Endintheclowns

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Has Mike Pence just changed the header on his twitter page to an image of Biden and Kamala being elected? Jesus.

Eh no that's Mike Pence and his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Eh no that's Mike Pence and his wife.

Yeah my mistake. Saw someone else mention it.

• Just watching the Trump speech earlier. He flat out lied that he would walk with them and fooked off back to the White House.

CNN are creaming themselves trying to milk it to death. "Coup d'etat", "terrorism". The hyperbole is up to the max.

They are making it seem like the situation is escalating when it looks like people are dispersing peacefully. Embarrassing.

I think it’s more embarrassing to admit being a supporter of a narcissistic conman, but I suppose one mans narcissistic conman is another’s calm reasoned businessman with well though out policies and ideals.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The race baiters are out in full force tonight anyway.

Yes, hopefully the cops stop them from bating others.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

At least I suppose the protesters won't be burning down and looting stores on their way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

joe40 wrote: »
    This was not just a protest. If this was a protest on the streets of washington and it turned violent then yeah could make comparison with the summer.
    This group stormed the capitol building, US senators had to be evacuated. There is no way a BLM protest would have got anywhere near this. The army would be firing live rounds before a BLM protest would storm the seat of government at a crucial time like this.

There was always the possibility of violence but the security was paltry. Maybe the fact DC national guard are under federal control is the reason.

The fact that most don't seem to be armed makes it look like a protest that went stupidly far imo. There likely are some on that crowd who are there to start violence, but if this was an intentional coup or whatever, I'd imagine there'd be a lot more guns there.

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Has Mike Pence just changed the header on his twitter page to an image of Biden and Kamala being elected? Jesus.

That’s him and his wife I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

America is f*cked

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Smoke grenades and flash bangs going off at capitol building?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

titan18 wrote: »
    The fact that most don't seem to be armed makes it look like a protest that went stupidly far imo. There likely are some on that crowd who are there to start violence, but if this was an intentional coup or whatever, I'd imagine there'd be a lot more guns there.

they weren't armed because they were warned they would be arrested if they did carry arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Smoke grenades and flash bangs going off at capitol building?

Where are you watching this? I have a few stream sources but not sure which is most up to date.

Just watching the Trump speech earlier. He flat out lied that he would walk with them and fooked off back to the White House.

He's been lying for the last 4 years why change now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

I take it you didn't actually read the abstract nor the retraction at the top of the article!!!

"Despite this correction, our work has continued to be cited as providing support for the idea that there are no racial biases in fatal shootings, or policing in general. To be clear, our work does not speak to these issues and should not be used to support such statements. We take full responsibility for not being careful enough with the inferences made in our original report, as this directly led to the misunderstanding of our research."

Correct, I came across the article a while ago, before those corrections were made. The authors were not investigating what I thought.

• funnydoggy wrote: »
    America is f*cked

Exact words of a level headed American work colleague.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

they weren't armed because they were warned they would be arrested if they did carry arms.

Fair enough. Guess their white privilege didn't extend that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Cops nicely leading and helping those terrorists that broke in and letting them walk away.

I'd hope they'll be getting a knock on the door in a few days but given how the police rolled over today I wouldn't be surprised if they get away with it

https://twitter.com/IkeEjiochi/status/1346922612706967555?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

CNN are creaming themselves trying to milk it to death. "Coup d'etat", "terrorism". The hyperbole is up to the max.

They are making it seem like the situation is escalating when it looks like people are dispersing peacefully. Embarrassing.

What would you call a bunch of hoodlums taking over the headquarters of the elected representatives of the country? Just a few lads having a party and a few cans?

https://www.livenewsnow.com/american/fox-news.html

Fox news for the other side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Where are you watching this? I have a few stream sources but not sure which is most up to date.

At the moment am watching alJazeera lol, cops were coming out and there was smoke and what looked to me like flash bangs.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Lol, some of the losers crawling back out from the woodwork to blame 'both sides'.

If Trump accepted he lost, this wouldn't be happening. He couldn't, because he would be the very person he calls everyone else - 'losers'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    What would you call a bunch of hoodlums taking over the headquarters of the elected representatives of the country? Just a few lads having a party and a few cans?

Sure they're all white, they cant be terrorists... :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement