Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Jaysus the cops are being very sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,499 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

CNN are creaming themselves trying to milk it to death. "Coup d'etat", "terrorism". The hyperbole is up to the max.

They are making it seem like the situation is escalating when it looks like people are dispersing peacefully. Embarrassing.

Nothing embarrassing about it. Unlike your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Correct, I came across the article a while ago, before those corrections were made. The authors were not investigating what I thought.

more of a case of desperate googling me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Perhaps time for America to shut up about democracy around the world.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Senator Ben Sasse, Republican of Nebraska: “Today, the United States Capitol — the world’s greatest symbol of self-government was ransacked while the leader of the free world cowered behind his keyboard — tweeting against his vice president for fulfilling the duties of his oath to the Constitution. Lies have consequences. This violence was the inevitable and ugly outcome of the president’s addiction to constantly stoking division.”

There are some stronger messages coming from Republicans now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    What would you call a bunch of hoodlums taking over the headquarters of the elected representatives of the country? Just a few lads having a party and a few cans?

ErFLjuvUUAIvQa6?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The wee Irish lad on cnn is my new favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

all of these selfies, I am expecting massive prosecution.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 johnboy1298

Its a shame to see these scenes in America. Its become very clear in recent times the country is deeply, deeply divided. The main issue I see is that its unlikely the underlying issues will be resolved going forward. The media and the democrats refuse to entertain the fact that, while Trump is a horrible individual in many ways, the reason he has risen to where he is is because the previous governments and the media seem to refuse to address the issues these people have. On one side Trump uses propaganda and fake news while on the other side any opposing viewpoint is racism, hate speech, undemocratic etc. There must be a middle ground for democracy to work I think but if anything in America the divide is getting bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

CNN are creaming themselves trying to milk it to death. "Coup d'etat", "terrorism". The hyperbole is up to the max.

They are making it seem like the situation is escalating when it looks like people are dispersing peacefully. Embarrassing.

Whilst the events are serious, it's clear that CNN and other media have vested interest to get more ratings.

If this is an insurrection, then it's a pretty laughable one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Faugheen wrote: »
    Lol, some of the losers crawling back out from the woodwork to blame 'both sides'.

If Trump accepted he lost, this wouldn't be happening. He couldn't, because he would be the very person he calls everyone else - 'losers'.

They sure got mysteriously fired up again for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Amirani wrote: »
    Senator Ben Sasse, Republican of Nebraska: “Today, the United States Capitol — the world’s greatest symbol of self-government was ransacked while the leader of the free world cowered behind his keyboard — tweeting against his vice president for fulfilling the duties of his oath to the Constitution. Lies have consequences. This violence was the inevitable and ugly outcome of the president’s addiction to constantly stoking division.”

There are some stronger messages coming from Republicans now.

Too little, and far too late. These people are utterly spineless and should be held accountable at the ballot box.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,483 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Jaysus the cops are being very sound.

Anyone else would be getting a batin.

And what's with all this "proud boys" and "oath keepers" and all that crap. It's like 12 year old boys playing cowboys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Azatadine

hynesie08 wrote: »
    The wee Irish lad on cnn is my new favourite

I had to look him up! Donie O"Sullivan from Caherciveen. Such an accent! As Paddy Irish leprechaun as I've ever heard I think. Gas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,483 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Azatadine wrote: »
    I had to look him up! Donie Sullivan from Caherciveen. Such an accent! As Paddy Irish leprechaun as I've ever heard I think. Gas!!

Him and the Cork lad covering the US on RTE need to team up and get their own show

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I had to look him up! Donie Sullivan from Caherciveen. Such an accent! As Paddy Irish leprechaun as I've ever heard I think. Gas!!

TIS ****ING MENTAL HERE LADS! PURE MENTAL!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Is he officially the worst president in American history now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭briany

Breaking news that Trump has blocked Pence on MSN messenger and has changed his status to "*_*(^|^) dOnT trust guys named mIkE!!! Just wanna b alone for a while and listen to Evanescence. Amy is my soul."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,499 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Cahirciveen News Now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,503 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sky news reporting that AT LEAST one Improvised Explosive Device found on Capital Hill.., peaceful, right.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭quodec

At the very least Trump should be taken up on charges of incitement to riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Whilst the events are serious, it's clear that CNN and other media have vested interest to get more ratings.

If this is an insurrection, then it's a pretty laughable one.

How is it laughable. Have you ever seen the house of commons in London or the dail for that matter, been overrun by protestors and all the MPs it TDs evacuated to a secure location.
    It would simply not happen. This is a symbolically serious assault on American democracy.
    This is not simply a street protest as some here would like to pretend.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Traditionally James Buchanan has been considered the worst. He was president in the lead up to the Civil War. Whereas trump wasn't the president in the lead up to a .... looks at CNN ... yeah, maybe he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,425 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Worst human being in history!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

If Articles of Impeachment are actually drawn up, Republicans who backed him to the hilt find themselves in a very uncomfortable position now.

• I think objections should stop now and Republicans and Democrats just get on with it and certify Biden winner today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

walshb wrote: »
    Worst human being in history!

He's not even the worst president of a country today tbf never mind that. Although if that's a meme, fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 56,425 ✭✭✭✭walshb

titan18 wrote: »
    He's not even the worst president of a country today tbf never mind that.

Well god fooking help us then..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

BLM are the real terrorists tho!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement