Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Really thought the cops /national guard would do to the protesters what the guards did to the English hooligans in lansdowne road in 1995...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

bb12 wrote: »
    google, twitter facebook etc are huge and have the power to influence populations one way or another.

and what does the president of America on one of these platforms spreading lies and inciting violence do?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Anyone who objects to the certification of results after this **** show is fooked.

They've in an awkward position now.

Object to Results and look like you are aligned with what happened today.

Don't Object to Results and you look like you were playing political games all along.

Good enough for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,488 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Somewhere in the Urals an old botoxed former KGB agent is sitting semi nude atop a bear toasting a job well done

• Registered Users Posts: 36,168 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Fancy Nancy wants to continue. Who knows what's in that building.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

murpho999 wrote: »
    That lady on CNN now is hot!

Hell yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,499 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

There will be no more bowls of shamrocks for that fcuker.that’s the end of that now

Sure he wouldn't have been there in March anyway.

Loads of Shamrock for Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Nancy insisting they finish tonight, respect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

So it turns out the police actually opened the barricade for them - https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/krx7yw/the_police_opened_the_gates_for_capitol_rioters/

I thought their MO was to gas and beat to a pulp, any rioters coming near or looking to damage government buildings, given that's what they did through 2020 (apart from the anti-lockdown protests of course).

Instead, knowing that these people planned on storming the building, forcing their way in violently if needs be and attempting to overturn US democracy, they literally just let them walk on in. Between this and the absolute lack of any police presence for hours over what everyone knew was going to happen, some real questions need to be asked about today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

There's also a noticeable difference in behaviour. The whites actually stormed the halls of power. BLM only ever burned down some poor bugger's burger joint.

Burned police stations and federal courthouses tbf aswell. This is still worse tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

calfmuscle wrote: »
    Awful things emerging in the USA, hope all are safe and the injured recover well!!

Does anyone know why trumps tweets were deleted? I'm sure it was well justified but curious regardless.

I still had one of them open in another window... it read, and I quote:

"These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

There's a side story here today.

The treatment of BLM protestors vs today's Rednecks.

There is a noticeable policing difference

Indeed, over 70 million voted for Trump. This is a powder keg situation, if they handle it badly, America could go into free fall, it’s absolutely nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Mitt Romney:

“We gather today due to a selfish man’s injured pride and the outrage of his supporters whom he has deliberately misinformed for the past two months and stirred to action this very morning. What happened here today was an insurrection, incited by the President of the United States. Those who choose to continue to support his dangerous gambit by objecting to the results of a legitimate, democratic election will forever be seen as being complicit in an unprecedented attack against our democracy. They will be remembered for their role in this shameful episode in American history. That will be their legacy,”

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

sydthebeat wrote: »
    When Turkey is most civilised than the USA you know you've gone down the rabbit hole

Turkey's Foreign Ministry tonight: "We believe that the US will overcome this domestic crisis calmly. We follow the events in the USA with concern and invite the parties to calmness. We believe that problems will always be solved within law and democracy. As Turkey, we have always been in favour of the law and democracy and we recommend it to everyone."

There's a side story here today.

The treatment of BLM protestors vs today's Rednecks.

There is a noticeable policing difference

Different situation.

Also, isn't it possible that Trump ordered the BLM protestors to be cleared?

I think the police eventually got it right , slow and steady clear them away peacefully.

They also have to defend the historic building.

• There will be no more bowls of shamrocks for that fcuker.that’s the end of that now

Serves him right the pup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Serves him right the pup.

He had it coming to him

titan18 wrote: »
    Burned police stations and federal courthouses tbf aswell. This is still worse tbf

Of course its worse. The summers protests were in reaction to the police killing people (a build up of decades of tensions not just the most recent ones) , today is nutballs fawning on a scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

murpho999 wrote: »
    Different situation.

Also, isn't it possible that Trump ordered the BLM protestors to be cleared?

I think the police eventually got it right , slow and steady clear them away peacefully.

They also have to defend the historic building.

trump doesn't control the DC police. and they did a terrible job of defending the capitol building. they opened the barriers and let the protestors in.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Mitt Romney:

“...... he has deliberately misinformed for the past two months........”

Thats extremely generous to Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭mun1

Me:nothing can be as bad or sensational as 2020.

2021: Hold my beer !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

speckle wrote: »
    here might aswell ask now... been too buzy to follow the election between two people I dislike but what the heck are rhinos and magma's?
    This might help.

Ah fcuk off will ya. I posed it as a question. Get off your high horse. Twat.

Ooh someone is touchy. Funny you didnt miss my replies in the fast moving thread.........

trump doesn't control the DC police. and they did a terrible job of defending the capitol building. they opened the barriers and let the protestors in.

The police cleared the BLM protestors as Trump wanted to walk to the church so he clearly had something to do with it.

First I heard about police along protestors into the buliding today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

DC police don’t defend the Capitol, they’re separate and answer directly to congress.

They being the police protecting the Capitol.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

and what does the president of America on one of these platforms spreading lies and inciting violence do?

the point is if you're happy to let big tech make that decision for you rather than let you decide for yourself, then good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭maebee

mun1 wrote: »
    Me:nothing can be as bad or sensational as 2020.

2021: Hold my beer !

I picked the wrong January to go on the dryðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

haha... thanks :D

bb12 wrote: »
    the point is if you're happy to let big tech make that decision for you rather than let you decide for yourself, then good for you.

They're not obliged to host his rhetoric, he's used the platform for propaganda. Now he's not allowed to any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Looking forward to Cruz and his buddies making their speeches about vote fraud and election stealing later on tonight when proceedings resume.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement