Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

I'm far from "woke" but I don't know of a better crystal clear display of what white privilege is than today, including the lack of curfew enforcement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Very good piece of reporting from ITV from inside the building

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1346952339886923786

• Registered Users Posts: 36,168 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Twitter have disabled Trumps twitter account for the next twelve hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,881 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

everlast75 wrote: »
    Trump's account suspended for 12 hours
    BREAKING: Twitter says future violations of its rules, including of civic integrity or violent threats, will result in a permanent suspension of President Trump's account.

I have it on good authority that Twitter just hired Beasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Twitter have blocked Trumps account for the next 12 hours according to CNN. I would love for them to finish the certification and right at the end announce they are instigating article 25

Twitter have locked trumps ac for 12 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Your post is unclear and seems to be saying that DC police did a terrible job of defending the Capitol. The DC Police Chief has already said her officers were not defending the Capitol.

Capitol police are not DC police.

you're right, I conflated the 2. whoever was defending the capitol building did a terrible job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

bb12 wrote: »
    i would say it's more a result of 70 million voices who have gone unheard since the election. america is completely divided in two yet the rhetoric that we're being sold on all media is that everyone is for biden and the democrats

Yup, people like a poster above call that 70m fringe appeal when it was what 47/48% of people who voted. That's not very fringe.

• everlast75 wrote: »

Who knows, he might be in a massive fury and relentlessly tweeting again now that they are proceeding with the certification and they have decided to pull the account.

A straight jacket is probably what's needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

There was a poster jumping for joy earlier that sshe was shot. Let's hope the police had just cause and its not another **** up.

I'd imagine her being in a group of people already inside the capitol building will be used as just cause. The smashed door she was climbing through seemed to be in to a quiet enough area from the glimpse on the video so it was probably an area that hadnt been overrun and maybe where some of the staff/politicians were?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

They're fawning on a scumbag who actively tried to change the election result. They're fawning on somebody who is trying to undermine their entire democratic system. So basically full on treason.... And they're trying to bring about that coup... Oh well, it's not the first dodgy march he's been associated with. Charlottesville comes to mind, this is just a continuation of that fanbase.

You can't really equivocate an actual genuine protest movement with this tbh.

I wouldn't equivocate the protesting. But the violence is another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

the capitol police defend the capitol building. they didnt do a very good job. I'm not sure what agency the police who opened the barriers belonged to.

Ah here listen, they were past the barriers at that stage anyway.

i would say it's more a result of 70 million voices who have gone unheard since the election. america is completely divided in two yet the rhetoric that we're being sold on all media is that everyone is for biden and the democrats

it is the result of 2 months of trump lying to them constantly and riling them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Very good piece of reporting from ITV from inside the building

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1346952339886923786

The FBI are gonna love that footage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Better to be fawning on a scumbag than burning down police stations while trying to barricade the police inside.

Before you scuttle off tomorrow, are you sure that that comparison makes any sense?

While you're here. why did you scuttle off when Trump lost and why are you back now? Feeling emboldened by these cosplayers taking selfies in the Capitol buildings?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

everlast75 wrote: »

Will he start ranting from the @potus account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Eirin go Brách

🙈🙉🙊

What.Now wrote: »

who was manning the barriers? and even when they were past the barriers there were protestors trying to break through a door live on TV and not a police officer near them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Could Trump not just post from the @POTUS account? He said he wasn't going to use it when he was elected but surely that's unbanned?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I keep getting that image in my head from the film Brave heart where the English send the Irish to fight the Scots and it turns out they all know each other.

Kind of like the rioters and the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

you're right, I conflated the 2. whoever was defending the capitol building did a terrible job.

Doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme but you’re right, they did a terrible job.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,815 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭combat14

What.Now wrote: »

there were some viable pipe bombs discovered as well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

who was manning the barriers? and even when they were past the barriers there were protestors trying to break through a door live on TV and not a police officer near them.

Tbh, I'm shocked that those barriers are the Capitols security. A fecking nursery class would storm them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Relax everyone, Donie is on overtime, the legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Could Trump not just post from the @POTUS account? He said he wasn't going to use it when he was elected but surely that's unbanned?

I would hope that the staff kept that one's passwords away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Love how all the CNN anchors are using the Irish pronunciation of Donie.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

the point is if you're happy to let big tech make that decision for you rather than let you decide for yourself, then good for you.

This is nothing to do with "big tech". This is a company taking a stand to prevent a born liar from spreading dangerous BS to tens upon tens of millions of people. You can argue the fact that people need to be free to make their own decisions, but what Trump is doing is damaging the fabric of US society. Arguments over "big tech" can come after. This guy needs to be shut down, and fast.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement