Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Buying Tools and Non Daft/Myhome sites advice

Options
  • 12-12-2020 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Just thinking that there must be some tools that i haven't found that would be useful to starting a home buying journey

Stuff like - spreadsheets to track price changes or dig a bit deeper on houses that appear back up on the daft etc after a few months, tracking the price increases and decreases in certain areas - and trying to estimate rental versus owner occupied on certain streets.

Any of these sort of things exist at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

bonkers wrote: »
    Just thinking that there must be some tools that i haven't found that would be useful to starting a home buying journey

Stuff like - spreadsheets to track price changes or dig a bit deeper on houses that appear back up on the daft etc after a few months, tracking the price increases and decreases in certain areas - and trying to estimate rental versus owner occupied on certain streets.

Any of these sort of things exist at all?

Try the property pin.
    https://thepropertypin.com/

At the end of the day it is about doing research and leg work on the ground. Trends are often well developed or have mutated before they appear in statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

Yea i agree I just wonder why the biggest purchase in your life isnt crowded with service providers - say providing stats and info on the street you want to buy on, the recent trend of sales - are people fleeing the area, a night and morning traffic report, recent planning permissions given, denied etc.

I know these are mostly available but in general the buy side of property transactions appear not to have anyone batting for them.
    Same with the likes of 10 different couples getting a survey for a property that the seller and agent will know has issues, again outweighed against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Try MyHome.ie price changes only website I know of that tracks price movements

Yea i agree I just wonder why the biggest purchase in your life isnt crowded with service providers - say providing stats and info on the street you want to buy on, the recent trend of sales - are people fleeing the area, a night and morning traffic report, recent planning permissions given, denied etc.

I know these are mostly available but in general the buy side of property transactions appear not to have anyone batting for them.
    Same with the likes of 10 different couples getting a survey for a property that the seller and agent will know has issues, again outweighed against them.

Who is going to pay the service providers?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

Well I'd be open to paying for a detailed neighbourhood report - local planning permissions, crime issues, recent sales, morning and evening traffic reports etc. I'm just surprised it isn't an area where people are looking at providing any services what with the scales tipped so far in the direction of the seller

• Advertisement

Well I'd be open to paying for a detailed neighbourhood report - local planning permissions, crime issues, recent sales, morning and evening traffic reports etc. I'm just surprised it isn't an area where people are looking at providing any services what with the scales tipped so far in the direction of the seller

How much would you pay?

Advertisement