Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 piece suit

Options
  • 12-12-2020 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hey guys so I recently bought an Alpinestars 1 piece leather suit. I took a chance and bought it online after contacting alpinestars for a size reccomendation.

The suit arrived today and the fit is alright but it took me a while to close the calves zip and when boot is on over the calves it squeezes it too much.

Is there any tips for stretching the suit or is it just a matter of wearing it for a while? Everything fits perfectly except for the calves area which is quite tight although comfortable until I put boots on over it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Calves like Arnie have ya..:D........stretch panels are usually sufficient I find.....wear some high socks under then for a while, might help to stretch them a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Aato

Calves like Arnie have ya..:D........stretch panels are usually sufficient I find.....wear some high socks under then for a while, might help to stretch them a bit...

Ya I think I have big calves lol, thats a good tip I have some long ones on the way so will try that.

You can buy leather softner but I wouldn't bother...just wear them around the house when you can.....lots of Rossi stretches and arse pulling...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Sorry but it should fit right. Wrong size

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Sorry but it should fit right. Wrong size

Never had a suit that was a perfect fit off the hanger......you must have a perfect body...:p

I'm slim 6 foot....all suits of mine are a bit short....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Aato wrote: »
    Hey guys so I recently bought an Alpinestars 1 piece leather suit. I took a chance and bought it online after contacting alpinestars for a size reccomendation.

The suit arrived today and the fit is alright but it took me a while to close the calves zip and when boot is on over the calves it squeezes it too much.

Is there any tips for stretching the suit or is it just a matter of wearing it for a while? Everything fits perfectly except for the calves area which is quite tight although comfortable until I put boots on over it. Thanks in advance.

Try inflating a balloon in the calf section, or stuff with paper, to stretch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

They'll stretch for sure. I've put on weight since I bought my current leathers a couple of years ago and they still fit me now. The day I got them (1.5+ stone ago) they were a squeeze and tough to get on. Have you actually sat on the bike with them on to see if they still hurt then?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,702 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Tip - only open the leg zips enough to get your foot through them, halfway up should be plenty.

If you open the zips all the way then you have to try and close them again over the widest part of your calf.

The leathers will definitely stretch after wearing them a bit.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement