Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blocked calls

• 12-12-2020 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I have a Virgin Landline. A few friends cannot call me.they are informed that their number is blocked. I contacted Virgin and they informed me that there are no blocked.numbers on my phone. Any ideas as to Cause.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

tri50072 wrote: »
    I have a Virgin Landline. A few friends cannot call me.they are informed that their number is blocked. I contacted Virgin and they informed me that there are no blocked.numbers on my phone. Any ideas as to Cause.

Their provider is blocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭65535

It is probably a non-Eircom ported number - that is I presume your landline is a VM provided number ?
    If so then the other providers have not added in those ranges to their dial plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭AutoTuning

Virgin has anonymous Caller ID rejection. It’s possible that this has somehow been activated. It’s normally turned off by default unless someone turned it on by dialling a code.

To deactivate dial #90 and wait for the announcement to confirm it’s off.

*90 reactivates it.

Basically, if this service is active and you call without presenting caller ID, the network will announce: “the person your are calling does not accept calls from callers who have withheld their number. Please try your call again, without withholding your number.”

It’s handy for getting rid of certain spammers, but if you’ve people calling who withhold their number, they’ll be spam filtered too.

Advertisement