Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We have a Winner!***The Grand Final!*** A&PI Christmas Photo Competition 2020

• 12-12-2020 8:38pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭

******Competition is now closed******

Congratulations to EVERYBODY who participated in our A&PI Christmas Photo Competition! We love seeing your gorgeous pets in all their glory, and to hear a little bit about them all:)
    I know I smiled, I laughed, and I blubbed in equal measure as the entries came in, so thank you all!

But! We have our finalists! Your votes have been cast, and your decision has been made :D
    The finalists in each category are as follow...

***DRUMROLL PLEASE****

Category 1: Baby Face
    Winner with 13 votes: Daheff's gorgeous photo of sleepy and wholly angelic-looking Daisy at 12 weeks of age. Daheff tells us that Daisy isn't quite as angelic when she's awake :pac:

Category 2: Golden Oldies
    Winner with 16 votes:
    Jellybear's utterly adorable picture of Ella, resting up after a hectic St. Patrick's Day.
    I'm so sad to say that since this competition was first posted a few weeks ago, poor Ella has passed away. It seems only right that she is in the final now. Rest in peace Ella, you're a good girl :(

Category 3: Poseur McPoseypants
    Winners:
    Yes, that's Winners, plural! There was no separating these two, so they both go forward to the final :D
    They are:
    1 (20 votes). Bananaleaf's beautiful and very festive photo of the outrageously handsome Walnut the Whippet, who, not content with just looking gorgeous, had to cut a dash by delicately placing his paw fetchingly on the floor in front of himself :o

and

2 (20 votes). Builebeag's smiley, friendly pal Khali, whose happy face draws attention wherever she goes. We all loved this gorgeous picture of Builebeag's "goodest girl" enjoying her day out at the lakeside :)

Category 4: Lights! Camera! Action!
    Winner with 21 votes:
    Zedhead's adorable youngster Milo stole the show in his quest for zen, with his Upward Facing Dog yoga moves. Namaste Milo :pac:

Category 5: LOL Pets!
    Winner with 23 votes:
    Muddypaw's hilarious shot of Diefer and Bran doing their very best to see what was going on over that wall! Diefer had a slight height advantage, it has to be said:P I wonder what they were looking at?:o

Category 6: No Dogs or Cats Allowed!
    Winner with 27 votes:
    Vonvix's lovely Crested Gecko, Avalon, along with the amazing story of how this New Caledonian species was thought to be extinct until only 26 years ago :eek: Delighted to see such a rare and distinguished winner of this category, and a very popular winner too :)

Category 7: Never Forget
    Winner with 24 votes:
    A very popular winner, Muddypaw's stunning picture of Diesel, who left us earlier this year at the grand age of 14 and a half. Diesel was a very special, gentle fella who got an incredible 2nd chance when he found his way to Muddypaws' home, and I think I'm correct in saying that with her, he enjoyed a distinguished career in sled dog sports.

Here's what happens next.
    Each of the winning photos is posted below.

This thread will stay open for one week, closing at 9pm sharp next Saturday 19th December.

Please folks, this is important: At this stage, you can only choose your one, favourite photo. So please, only thank one of the pics, so that we have one clear and unequivocal winner next week!
    The photo with the most thanks at close of business next Saturday night will be our 2020 A&PI Christmas Photo Competition Winner!
    We also have prizes for the photos that come 2nd and 3rd!

As per the OP in the original qualification thread, the prizes are as follows:
    First Prize: €60 donated to a charity of the winner's choice, on their behalf!
    Second Prize: €40 donated to a charity of the runner up's choice, on their behalf!
    Third Prize: €20 donated to a charity of the 3rd prizewinner's choice, on their behalf.

T&Cs: as long as the chosen charities are based in Ireland, and are registered as a charity with the Charities Regulatory Authority. They don't have to be an animal charity... if you have another great charity that's close to your heart, this is your chance for them to get a Christmas donation on your behalf

Original Qualification Thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058132312&page=3

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Category 1: Baby Face
    Daheff's puppy Daisy aged 12 weeks. Angelic, but only while she sleeps :D

535991.JPG

Category 2: Golden Oldies
    Jellybear's gorgeous, gentle old pal, Ella.
    Since this competition started, poor Ella has since passed away. Rest easy, lovely Ella.

535993.jpg

Category 3: Poseur McPoseyPants, Winner 1

Bananaleaf's adorable Whippet, Walnut, counting down the days til Santa comes :D

535994.jpg

Category 3: Poseur McPoseyPants, Winner 2

Builebeag's smiling Khali, looking just delighted with herself out on her waterside walk :D

536006.jpeg

Category 4: Lights! Camera! Action!

Zedhead's youngster Milo getting his yoga moves in. A fella's gotta keep his core in shape :D

535997.jpg

• Advertisement

Category 5: LOL Pets!

Muddypaws' Diefer and Bran, dying to find out what's over that wall :D

535999.jpg

Category 6: No Cats or Dogs Allowed!

A very special lady, this is VonVix's rare and very lovely Crested Gecko, Avalon.

536000.png

Category 7: Never Forget

In a hotly contested and tear-provoking category, Muddypaws' very special and handsome fella Diesel won many hearts :o

536002.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭jellybear

Such gorgeous photos! I'm honestly so, so torn on who to vote for!! Thanks DBB for your lovely words about Ella. Best of luck everyone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Aw jellybear I am so so sorry to hear about Ella. She is beautiful x

DBB, you deserve a prize yourself for the effort you have put into this competition, including the lovely little piece you wrote about each finalist!

Best of luck all

• Advertisement

Aawww Khali made the final! :):)

Wish I could vote for them all!

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    DBB, you deserve a prize yourself for the effort you have put into this competition, including the lovely little piece you wrote about each finalist!

I should have included in the rules:
    * Lickarsery will get you nowhere
    :pac::pac::pac:

DBB wrote: »
    I should have included in the rules:
    * Lickarsery will get you nowhere
    :pac::pac::pac:

Oh.

Well, in that case, no prize for you and I've reported your post now too, just to give you a bit of extra work for the evening :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Aw thanks. Unfortunately Diesel was joined by one of his buddies across the bridge 2 weeks ago when Clancy died unexpectedly. I didn't have the heart to add a photo of him, so delighted to see Diesel there.

muddypaws wrote: »
    Aw thanks. Unfortunately Diesel was joined by one of his buddies across the bridge 2 weeks ago when Clancy died unexpectedly. I didn't have the heart to add a photo of him, so delighted to see Diesel there.

Oh, muddypaws, I'm so sorry to hear that. It's so tough losing them, especially unexpectedly.
    Diesel's photo is fab! Such a gorgeous face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Aww, Avalon. Thanks so much guys. She's a lil smiley angel.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Bumping this thread!
    Let's keep votes coming in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭zedhead

Ah Milo is delighted to be a finalist. And in the company of such other great pets/photos! Well done everyone.

Three hours left to thank your favourite photo!

We have our winners!:):):)

1st Place, from Category 2, Golden Oldies: Jellybear's Ella
    It is with a mixture of both delight and sadness that I can announce the overall winner of the 2020 A&PI Christmas Photo Competition is Jellybear's dotey old friend Ella.
    Such a beautiful photo of a gentle and loyal lady, who since the competition was first announced, has passed away. I'm sure her passing has left a huge void in Jellybear's home, but I hope her victory in this competition helps to prompt more fond memories and happy times together. A worthy and very popular winner :o
    As our winner, Jellybear can now nominate a charity of her choice, to which myself and Hellrazer will donate €60 :)

536673.jpg

2nd Place: co-winner of Category 3, Poseur McPoseyPants: Builebeag's Khali
    We couldn't resist the beaming face of the gorgeous Khali, that face would melt the hardest heart! Congratulations to your Khali, for taking the runner-up spot in this year's competition! Builebeag can nominate a charity of her choice, to which myself and Hellrazer will donate €40!

3rd Place: Winner of Category 7, Never Forget: Muddypaws' Diesel
    This stunning photo of Muddypaws' handsome lad Diesel, who left us earlier this year at the grand old age of 14, after living an eventful and varied life, including a successful career as a racing sled dog, Irish style! Muddypaws can nominate a charity of her choice now, to which myself and HR will donate €20 :)

If the three winners would like to post the charities of their choice below, we'll get donating!

Huge congratulations to all of our finalists this year, you all did so well to get this far! We all enjoyed looking at ALL the fab photos of your great pets, thank you all for participating with such good humour!

See you all back here in 2021 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,972 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Congratulations to the winner and the runners up. Ye all have such good photography skills. Some very cute pets in the competition from the start.

Awh guys thanks so, so much!!! Ella was honestly such a wonderful dog and it's just a fitting tribute to her and a lovely way to remember her. She was the most patient dog and would let you put any sort of hair band etc on her for a quick photo. She was such a gentle girl and while we miss her terribly, it's wonderful to have such lovely photos of her to look back on. Once again, thanks to you all for the support since we had to say goodbye to her.

In memory of our beloved girl, we'd like the donation to go to Husky Rescue Ireland.

Merry Christmas all and here's to a wonderful 2021!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

All lovely photos. Well done to all the finalists. It was very difficult to pick just one

Awww congratulations Jelly and Ella. A worthy winner. Myself and Khali are delighted we came second!! Well Khali doesn't understand but she's just always delighted! :D I'd love our donation to be made to Waterford Animal Welfare please.

Wow, lickarsery really did get me nowhere :eek:

Congrats to the worthy winners and their owners.

Happy Christmas all!

Advertisement