Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop/PC ? Dark web

Options
  • 12-12-2020 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

I was thinking of buying a cheap laptop or a desktop for the Dark web :eek: I'm just curious to see what its all about. What kind of specs will I need for this ? I guess I'll just be looking at pages, pics and videos nothing else. Also what should my budget be :confused: I dont want to buy something on the more expensive side. In case anything happens to the laptop or desktop while using the dark web

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Johnnystephens

STEE wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying a cheap laptop or a desktop for the Dark web :eek: I'm just curious to see what its all about. What kind of specs will I need for this ? I guess I'll just be looking at pages, pics and videos nothing else. Also what should my budget be :confused: I dont want to buy something on the more expensive side. In case anything happens to the laptop or desktop while using the dark web

Just for looking at internet any laptop will do.. I have looked at the dark web but found it hard to get into and even when I did found it very boring..

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭STEE

Would laptops be my best option ? like I mean the cheapest rather than buying a desktop or All in one ? Would a cheap tablet do the job just as good ? What did ye look up on the dark web ? Anything interesting to search ? like I dunno top secret documents lol ye know conspiracies, Military documents, UFO's ...etc Anything that is a good read and really interesting that you cant read anywhere else on the regular internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Johnnystephens

Would laptops be my best option ? like I mean the cheapest rather than buying a desktop or All in one ? Would a cheap tablet do the job just as good ? What did ye look up on the dark web ? Anything interesting to search ? like I dunno top secret documents lol ye know conspiracies, Military documents, UFO's ...etc Anything that is a good read and really interesting that you cant read anywhere else on the regular internet.
    You can view it on a smartphone by downloading Tor Browser ..then do a search for top Dark Web sites and away you go..I looked at it just out of curiosity but didn't spend much time looking on it..I did notice a few sites that mentioned secret military docs and stuff but didn't look into it any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

If you have a screen, how about a Raspberry Pi 4?
    Get a 4GB model from around €60 plus the price of an SD card if you don't have one. 8GB version is also available for a bit more, but the cheaper the better here I think!

You can get the same spec built in to a keyboard for about €75 - looks like an old Oric One from the mid 80's.

Raspberry Pi 400

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

Do you already have a computer? What about using tails?

https://tails.boum.org/

You can burn the iso to a usb or cd and boot the machine to a live version of the tails OS or you can install it as a full-time OS if you had a cheap machine.

You could run this on a €50 laptop no bother.
    http://www.adverts.ie/22470555

• Advertisement
Advertisement