Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW13 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Jota to Grealish done.

No plans for a third consecutive hit.....yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

I think the logical move for me is Jota to Grealish. Will give me a midfield of Salah, Fernandes, Son, Mahrez and Grealish. Will also give me 1.3m ITB to do something about Mitchell and Brewster.

One alternative is a -4 Jota and Mahrez to KDB and Soucek, but that means playing Soucek every week and being stuck with 1 point Rhian.

Another option is Jota to Soucek, allowing for a DCL to Kane move next week.

After the last two weeks, I'll definitely pick the worst option anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Jota to JWP done, couldn't see a lot better for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Apart from a wonder season for me with Wolves in DM very little! Was having similar thoughts up you watching the Liverpool game though

It has all the hallmarks of a "what the hell was I thinking?" appraisal in 2 weeks or so. Yet I'm strongly drawn to it.

His Xg against Liverpool was 1.11 and having penalties on your side is such a huge plus this season. The Fabinho could have possibly gone their way, I'm still not sure on it. Speedy lads like Lookman and Reid running into the box... I can see them getting pens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Morzadec wrote: »
    It has all the hallmarks of a "what the hell was I thinking?" appraisal in 2 weeks or so. Yet I'm strongly drawn to it.

His Xg against Liverpool was 1.11 and having penalties on your side is such a huge plus this season. The Fabinho could have possibly gone their way, I'm still not sure on it. Speedy lads like Lookman and Reid running into the box... I can see them getting pens

I think you might have talked me into him, at least as a short term punt. Brighton is a great fixture for a pacy forward player.

Or Foden for a week, I have pretty settled team otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Morzadec wrote: »
    Another slightly more leftfield option is Caveleiro for 0.3 more. He's playing centre-forward now and had some great chances versus Liverpool, and he's their penalty taker. I think I could still afford my future planned moves investing this extra 0.3.

Just seems like one that easily backfire though, I could see him losing his place if he had a run of bad games, and he's never really been prolific before, whereas Lookman and Soucek should be nailed for the season.

It's a punt that's tempting me just because of how many penalties we're seeing this season (Fulham have received 5 so far) but recent punts have not paid off, should probably play it safe.

Not sure if anyone knows much about Caveleiro?

I thought I was mad considering him but you've reassured me by simply existing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

dsmythy wrote: »

Funny I was only looking at his stats about an hour ago. If there's a bandwagon taking off I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Thoughts on getting Welbeck in? Decent run of fixtures and at £5.5m could be a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Reid and lookman more appealing. Cavaleiro finishing is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Did Jota to Neto and DCL to Ings. Have a feeling Danny is coming back on form, he should have had two at the weekend. Tough fixture coming up v City though he can score against the big sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think you might have talked me into him, at least as a short term punt. Brighton is a great fixture for a pacy forward player.

Or Foden for a week, I have pretty settled team otherwise
    dsmythy wrote: »
    Funny I was only looking at his stats about an hour ago. If there's a bandwagon taking off I'm in!
    Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Reid and lookman more appealing. Cavaleiro finishing is poor.

I went to do some digging in the Fulham subreddit. I have no idea how knowledgable they are but there was one or two posts speculating that Mitro might come in for Caveleiro against Brighton. Someone praised his performance against Liverpool but in such a way that made it seem praise was very rare for him. A lot of talk about how poor his finishing is and how they might need to sign a striker in January. Mitro still seems to be the fan favourite and the speculation is that he just won't work against the big boys when Fulham want to play on the counter - so there is a small possibility that Mitro plays against the weaker teams at home for example.

I think I'll go with Lookman or Soucek - I need a player guaranteed to play. Caveliero might be getting chances but has never been a prolific scorer. Lookman is just a far better player from what I've seen and 0.3 cheaper, cheap enough to bench and I don't want to have to waste a transfer here again.

I do think that a punt on Caveleiro could pay off but I think I'll steer clear personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

worth doing he following ???:

Kane ----> Adams
    DCL ----> Wilson
    Jota ----> KDB

8 point hit

have son , bruno and salah and bamford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Not really sure what to do at the min and my bench is a worry.. Lamptey injured and Kilman not playing any more and Gordon is just fodder. Was looking at Adams - Welbeck and maybe swap out Gordon to Jones or kilman to Taylor. Jones is a gamble so Kilman to Taylor seems to be the safer option. I’d appreciate any feedback

Johnstone
    Justin James KWP
    KDB Bruno Salah Grealish
    Kane Adams Wilson

Button Lamptey Kilman Gordon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

crushproof wrote: »
    Thoughts on getting Welbeck in? Decent run of fixtures and at £5.5m could be a punt.

I got him in last weekend....not a great start to be fair.

Half expecting him to get injured.... he'll be competing with Anguissa for a starting spot in my team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Im looking at foden myself. Been in great form in CL. City lacking so much creativity at min he just has to play(saying this as a city fan who has been happy with his cautious development til now).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Looking at giroud and mahrez to dedocorva Reid and Bruno

Worth a - 4 to do mahrez to Bruno?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Not really sure what to do at the min and my bench is a worry.. Lamptey injured and Kilman not playing any more and Gordon is just fodder. Was looking at Adams - Welbeck and maybe swap out Gordon to Jones or kilman to Taylor. Jones is a gamble so Kilman to Taylor seems to be the safer option. I’d appreciate any feedback

Johnstone
    Justin James KWP
    KDB Bruno Salah Grealish
    Kane Adams Wilson

Button Lamptey Kilman Gordon

Kilman to Taylor sounds like a good option to me. Kicking myself I left Taylor as second place on the bench last game week and missed out on his six points when Brewster subbed in for Jota with just his usual one point cameo. Hoping Burnley are turning their season around as I'll probably need to play Taylor most weeks myself. Not sure whether the other moves suggested would work out and if you have a second free transfer this week maybe bank it and reconsider what two moves might make sense next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

macraignil wrote: »
    Kilman to Taylor sounds like a good option to me. Kicking myself I left Taylor as second place on the bench last game week and missed out on his six points when Brewster subbed in for Jota with just his usual one point cameo. Hoping Burnley are turning their season around as I'll probably need to play Taylor most weeks myself. Not sure whether the other moves suggested would work out and if you have a second free transfer this week maybe bank it and reconsider what two moves might make sense next week.

I’d need to find .3 from somewhere to make that swap. Most likely swapping Adams for someone 5.6 would be the budget. Bobby Reid & Welbeck seem the most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

More than likely gonna roll my transfer have a feeling rotation may be rife this week and it's easier to suffer someone you already have being benched than someone you bring in.

Ederson

Keane vestergaard zouma justin

Kdb fernandes bowen

Watkins kane ings

More than likely gonna roll my transfer have a feeling rotation may be rife this week and it's easier to suffer someone you already have being benched than someone you bring in.

Ederson

Keane vestergaard zouma justin

Kdb fernandes bowen

Watkins kane ings

I do agree but with Jota out alot of us have very skinny benches (only 11 players here).

Feels like a cross roads week for teams.

Think I'll roll and then Robbo/Chilwell/Jota to James/Stones/Son next week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

MR NINE wrote: »
    Looking at giroud and mahrez to dedocorva Reid and Bruno

Worth a - 4 to do mahrez to Bruno?
    Have Mahrez myself but very worried he's going to be dropped. Currently have him starting with Soucek first sub. Hopefully we might get some info on him. If you get info that he'll start, I'd hold him for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Lundstram wrote: »
    Have Mahrez myself but very worried he's going to be dropped. Currently have him starting with Soucek first sub. Hopefully we might get some info on him. If you get info that he'll start, I'd hold him for this week.

I think all the evidence points to him being benched, as do all the predicted lineups I've looked at. Outside chance he starts (he got subbed off early v utd so maybe has had his rest) and outside chance he gets a decent return from a sub appearance, but Bruno is a much more reliable pick. Only problem is the sub 6m striker market is woeful. Benteke or Reid pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Normally my transfers are left as late as possible but this week they were decided last night.
    I took a hit to replace Bellerin and Mane with AWB and Fernandez

I am strongly considering Bruno as CAPT.
    So fat the armband has been to Son, Kane, Mane
    Where do you think the points are coming from this week?

Mendy
    Zouma Awb Chillwell
    Bruno Son Mahrez Ward-Prowse
    DCL Kane Bamford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

So potter says he rested Lamptey and now he's saying he's injured. Ffs. Since the wildcard I've just had injury after injury. Rolling this transfer out of stubbornness anyway. GW9 Zaha(covid), GW 11 grealish(no game), gw11 Ziyech(inj), gw12 Jota(inj) and now Lamptey! Destroying me slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

many sacrificing Kane for KDB ?

worth it ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Think i'll use my FT this week. 4 players between Liverpool and Spurs (Jota injured, Salah, Kane and Son), and i'm really not expecting many goals in that game. Also have two Chelsea defenders, and i'm not sure i trust them keeping a clean sheet against Wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    So potter says he rested Lamptey and now he's saying he's injured. Ffs. Since the wildcard I've just had injury after injury. Rolling this transfer out of stubbornness anyway. GW9 Zaha(covid), GW 11 grealish(no game), gw11 Ziyech(inj), gw12 Jota(inj) and now Lamptey! Destroying me slowly.

Lamptey news at least sounsd promising.

Another days rest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Justin or Stones as a free transfer for Konsa

Current Defence is
    Chilwell Walkers-Peters Reguilon Kilman Konsa.

Will have 4.9m to spend

Justin or Stones as a free transfer for Konsa

Current Defence is
    Chilwell Walkers-Peters Reguilon Kilman Konsa.

Will have 4.9m to spend

Why are you changing Konsa?
    Nice run of fixtures upcoming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Why are you changing Konsa?
    Nice run of fixtures upcoming

Agree, I'd love to bring Konsa in. Great option to have even if you need to rotate.

Advertisement