Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog Bed's Recommendations Best Place to purchase

• 13-12-2020 8:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    With Christmas approaching I'm looking to treat our Bernese Beagle to a new bed,
    I've been to my local maxizoo and saw that they have a memory foam topped bed which looks to be very good quality for €150

My wife disagreed with purchase as the mattresses for our kids were €140 and she says there's no way your spending that on the dog,

But the dog to me is just like a child in my opinion and gives me great comfort and keeps the house safe when were not home; he deserves a good bed.

So before I go back to maxizoo and purchase that one I thought I'd ask on here; where do other people purchase there's I would like something with a good supportive base as he's a big heavy based fella but it's all love lol.

All said; where did you purchase your dog's bed from and what do people recommend;
    The existing one is like a bean bag type purchased from Aldi during the summer,
    He sleeps in the kitchen every night, and here's a picture of him.
    I can't not share a picture lol

Thanks

pomzc7SMj

po9AxVwPj

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Take a look on zooplus - they have loads to suit any budget. I have this one a good few years now and still going strong - https://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_beds_baskets/square/ortho_memory/369227

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mhairt

The Kuranda dog beds are great. I have two Great Danes and the bed has lasted years. They are not cheap but well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Look at Elephant bean bag dog beds if you want something premium.

Large size is €89

Made in Mayo

Some furniture shops sell them, but also online.

Elephantliving.com

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

I got some interlocking gym mats for our dog. They're made of a foamy material and fit together at the edges like a jigsaw. Designed to drop weights on so they have a little bit of give.

Doggo always preferred something firm to lie on and she absolutely loves this bed (she's a lump too). Might be a cheap alternative for you to try first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I absolutely love the beds from Big Dog Bed Company. They're made from the same foam as hospital beds that was designed for bed bound patients. I got to trial their mats on a CPD training day and ended up buying a mat which I have since slept on.

Whatever bed you buy, ensure it is firm enough that it doesn't drop to the floor when the dog lies on it. Some dogs prefer softer bedding, some prefer firmer bedding. If your dog has any joint problems or physical ailments, loose or overly soft bedding makes it difficult to get out of.

• Advertisement

I got one of these in Aldi earlier for the hall during the day when I’m working and Bailey is keeping tabs on me lol. Nice supportive memory foam and a fleece topper cushion.

https://www.aldi.ie/cord-large-memory-foam-pet-mattress/p/707612427908801

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

I got a silentnight one in argos for €48 last week - she looks seriously comfy on it!!

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4701147/Trail/searchtext%3ESILENTNIGHT+DOG.htm

tk123 wrote: »
    I got one of these in Aldi earlier for the hall during the day when I’m working and Bailey is keeping tabs on me lol. Nice supportive memory foam and a fleece topper cushion.

https://www.aldi.ie/cord-large-memory-foam-pet-mattress/p/707612427908801

Really wanted one of these - it matches my sofa :p
    They never came into any of the local aldi's in Dublin though, was raging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We used a dog mattress for years. I was bigger in size than this one. I saw them in equipet but bought from zoo plus for half the price. Ended up switched to those plastic tub type beds I bought them in aldi) https://www.petworlddirect.ie/p/moderna-plastic-durable-dog-bed-blue-/p187025915 with vet bed. Now my dog needs to lie completely flat so just lies on vet bed.

Really wanted one of these - it matches my sofa :p
    They never came into any of the local aldi's in Dublin though, was raging

I saw them in Blanch on mon and my friend grabbed one for me in Ashtown yesterday ;) .. then somebody saw her with them and sent her husband back for one lol :D

536323.png

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    I saw them in Blanch on mon and my friend grabbed one for me in Ashtown yesterday ;) .. then somebody saw her with them and sent her husband back for one lol :D

536323.png

Came in very late so! Think it was last Tuesday (or maybe the one before!) when they should have been in - there was a queue of us in Aldi at 9am that morning looking for them - then i saw all the facebook posts that evening about all the stores that never got any in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭volchitsa

LenWoods wrote: »
    Hi all,
    With Christmas approaching I'm looking to treat our Bernese Beagle to a new bed,
    I've been to my local maxizoo and saw that they have a memory foam topped bed which looks to be very good quality for €150

My wife disagreed with purchase as the mattresses for our kids were €140 and she says there's no way your spending that on the dog,

But the dog to me is just like a child in my opinion and gives me great comfort and keeps the house safe when were not home; he deserves a good bed.

So before I go back to maxizoo and purchase that one I thought I'd ask on here; where do other people purchase there's I would like something with a good supportive base as he's a big heavy based fella but it's all love lol.

All said; where did you purchase your dog's bed from and what do people recommend;
    The existing one is like a bean bag type purchased from Aldi during the summer,
    He sleeps in the kitchen every night, and here's a picture of him.
    I can't not share a picture lol

Thanks

pomzc7SMj

po9AxVwPj
    No advice about dog beds, sorry Len, but this made me laugh so much, but a little ruefully, because it struck home, lol

(We're the other way around in this house - it's me that loves buying nice things for the dog and my husband doesn't get that at all, lol)

And I love the pictures by the way.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

I get mine from Aldi, and there back in there at the moment, for €22 they are great value can't recommend them enough.

Advertisement