Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Availability Heartake

Options
  • 13-12-2020 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

After being told back in summer by every bike shop I visited that they wont be getting any stock still new year or March 2021, Ive had my heart set on a Vitus Sentier vrs around £1500, great value and great forks for the money. Ive been holding out with a stock alert email since Sept but contacted CRC directly last week and now being told they wont have any till Jan, which is after Brexit. Will I have to pay import duty and tax, will they be able to ship it, for any bikes built in UK will they be taxed coming into the bike shops. This sucks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Jonesy101 wrote:
    After being told back in summer by every bike shop I visited that they wont be getting any stock still new year or March 2021, Ive had my heart set on a Vitus Sentier vrs around £1500, great value and great forks for the money. Ive been holding out with a stock alert email since Sept but contacted CRC directly last week and now being told they wont have any till Jan, which is after Brexit. Will I have to pay import duty and tax, will they be able to ship it, for any bikes built in UK will they be taxed coming into the bike shops. This sucks!

How longs a piece of string, now you know where businesses are in relation to brexit, nobody knows, it's a mess. You 'll get your bike eventually, but it might cost a little more, it's a pain in the hole, but that's where we re at

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭comanche_cor

Jonesy101 wrote: »

Similar situation - was holding out for a Vitus Mythique VRX and similar story on being told they would be available in Dec (also waiting since Sept).

I went and build a hardtail myself in the mean time to keep out on the trails...

If there are import taxes I will be driving up to Belfast and collecting to avoid any extra tarifs. If customs checks are in place by then, I will simply take bike out for a spin on the way home to get dirty and just say I was up on the trails for the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Without a Brexit deal, will probably be a pain in the hole buying from CRC.

I recommend taking a look at Canyon bikes, they're based in Germany so will still be in the EU come January. The Grand Canyon range should be similar enough to the Sentier range.

Biking.ie were meant to be selling second hand Vitus Sentiers but I've been signed up to their mailing list for the past couple of months and have yet to hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Id be shopping from germany if brexit were too impact crc. Vitus are nice bikes but canyon rose radon all offer similar specced biles for the price.

Op in your case the radon cragger or the new canyon stoic would be very similar to the vitus sentier.

You could also go lbs aswell merida brought out a new trail hardtail big trail with decent spec for the price, they also have some really nice fs bikes for the price although alot less popular as not really marketed

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

Similar situation - was holding out for a Vitus Mythique VRX and similar story on being told they would be available in Dec (also waiting since Sept).

I went and build a hardtail myself in the mean time to keep out on the trails...

If there are import taxes I will be driving up to Belfast and collecting to avoid any extra tarifs. If customs checks are in place by then, I will simply take bike out for a spin on the way home to get dirty and just say I was up on the trails for the day :)

Good idea. Would a parcel motel take a bike? or do you have family up there. Just checked Canyon and Radon, both around 1700-1800€ and not available until Feb/March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭comanche_cor

Jonesy101 wrote: »
    Good idea. Would a parcel motel take a bike? or do you have family up there. Just checked Canyon and Radon, both around 1700-1800€ and not available until Feb/March.

Chain Reaction have a physical store in Belfast - you can order via them ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Chain Reaction have a physical store in Belfast - you can order via them ;)

Get the train up and have a long spin back :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Also as said in other posts, Vitus have a rep for being outstanding value but when I look around at German MTBs in comparative price points, they really don't have much I can see that makes them exceptional value, and that will soon be even less.

Advertisement