Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook stuck on "Loading Profile"

Options
  • 13-12-2020 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

For years my folks had an Eircom.net email address which they used with Outlook only, not the online webmail. We switched over to a gmail account and decided to keep the Outlook as legacy only (about 20 years of emails!). It is split across 5 pst files - the main outlook pst and 4 archive files.

Since Eir cancelled the service, it seeks a password for the Eir account and then hangs on "Loading profile". I've tried resetting the nav pane and opening in safe mode but to no avail.

My main aim is to rescue and protect the emails - is my best course of action to make a new profile and load the .pst files as sub folders?

All help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

commited wrote: »
    Hi folks,

For years my folks had an Eircom.net email address which they used with Outlook only, not the online webmail. We switched over to a gmail account and decided to keep the Outlook as legacy only (about 20 years of emails!). It is split across 5 pst files - the main outlook pst and 4 archive files.

Since Eir cancelled the service, it seeks a password for the Eir account and then hangs on "Loading profile". I've tried resetting the nav pane and opening in safe mode but to no avail.

My main aim is to rescue and protect the emails - is my best course of action to make a new profile and load the .pst files as sub folders?

All help appreciated!
    Do not store your historical mail as PST!
    Import
    into whatever outlook.com or gmail, even if it takes to create new account for it.
    I would recommend to backup your PST's before any troubleshooting. Close outlook and make copy of all data files(pst) to external location.
    It could be that one data file cause outlook to fail loading. Remove them from profile without opening Outlook - Control panel>mail(Microsoft outlook)>Data Files... this does not delete files itself
    See if outlook loads profile, then add PST's one-by-one

Try scanpst.exe if still failing to load - its part of outlook.

Advertisement