Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop cuts out after launching a game

Options
  • 13-12-2020 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway to narrow down this issue?

The battery stopped charging about a month ago but is working grand plugged in until i decided to launch a game this weekend and it cuts out during the loading screen.

I tried resitting the battery and it begun to charge for a min or two but stopped again.

The cable is fairly loose in the port, not the one that came with laptop, looks like a generic one that i got from laptop store a couple of years ago but has always worked.

The port itself doesn't seem loose and the pins all seem to be fine visually.

Is there a log somewhere on the laptop that will identify the reason for the power to knock off or do i just have to replace the parts 1 at a time?

I guess i should prob see if fans need cleaning out too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If the laptop came with say a 90W PSU and you're using a 40W one now itll work for light use but won't have enough power for full tilt (gaming). Thatd be the first thing Id check. Back of the brick should indicate its output.

Advertisement