Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon 100d to 7d mk 11 or 80d

Options
  • 13-12-2020 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi guys, my head is wrecked trying to research a move up from my 100d.
    I'm not in a position to go to full frame and from what I can see, the 7d mk 11 is still pretty much the best aps c canon available, in my price range.
    It's biggest selling point seems to be for sports/wildlife, 10 fps, I rarely if ever shoot more than 1 shot at a time but I suppose I would get into some nice bird photography with the 65 af points and the 10 fps. Another selling point is video performance, which I wouldn't really be bothered with. I use the camera all the time but for nothing specific, general landscape shots, some night photography, people, everything really.

Is there something else in the canon range I could/should look at, in the same price range 6/700 euro, used, instead? Since starting to write this post, the 80d looks like a good alternative but only has a shutter count of 100,000, the 7d mk11 has 200,000.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jbv

Canon 80D has: Higher resolution, NFC and WIFI, articulating touch screen, lighter.
    Tried them both.
    With all the extra's the 80D provides still went with the 7dMK2.
    You already have some 80D features in the 100D, however in a lot smaller and lighter body.

Canon 6D MK1 it's a great full frame camera also.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭cortinaG

jbv wrote: »
    Canon 80D has: Higher resolution, NFC and WIFI, articulating touch screen, lighter.
    Tried them both.
    With all the extra's the 80D provides still went with the 7dMK2.
    You already have some 80D features in the 100D, however in a lot smaller and lighter body.

Canon 6D MK1 it's a great full frame camera also.

Thanks jbv.
    I would like to go full frame but the only lens I have is a nifty 50.
    All the others are aps c.
    10-18, 18-55, 18-135, 55-250.
    I had assumed the 80d would be a huge leap from the 100d and wondered if I really needed the main selling points of the 7d, namely the speed, sports/wildlife capabilities and the 100,000 extra accuations.

I wouldn't worry too much about the maximum of the shutter count.
    I hardly went over 60% before upgrading the body.
    Unless you taking multiple shots all the time or use it professionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭cortinaG

jbv wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about the maximum of the shutter count.
    I hardly went over 60% before upgrading the body.
    Unless you taking multiple shots all the time or use it professionally.

Thanks again jbv,
    Santa will be bringing a 7D mk2 :-)
    Ordered 1 last night from mpb.

cortinaG wrote: »
    Thanks again jbv,
    Santa will be bringing a 7D mk2 :-)
    Ordered 1 last night from mpb.

ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
Advertisement