Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Value spend and save - a little hack for you

• 13-12-2020 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭

So a while back I noticed that super value were giving me a 5 off 30 spend in my online account every week. They don’t seem to send them out in the post ad hoc any more, but they are now available every week, online or app.
    But I was not a big super value shopper, just the odd time. Then I started using them a bit.
    Then the 5 off 30 became 5 off 35 :(

Then one day I asked for a new tag. Registered a new account and added the tag. The following day the new account had a spend and save voucher of 10 off 50 available. If you need a few bits, you can set up a few accounts for multiple vouchers, new ones are always available the next day and always 10 off 50.

You can use these vouchers with your existing account for points so no need to pair the voucher up with the new tags. (Chuck them in the bin).

I have not tried to use multiple vouchers at one time as wouldn’t ever be spending that much, but someone else may try and let us know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Actually does anyone know if your deposit on a turkey counts towards the spend and save amount?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i have four account for a few years now, even a litre of milk is enough to trigger a voucher

No, I didn’t spend a penny on the new accounts. Got voucher the day after signing up, just as long as you add a tag number.

sorry i wasnt asking a question, i probably should have been clearer what i was saying is that if you have the tags and alternate them with low spends then you receive regular spend and save vouchers from the till throughout the year
    i always get something small like milk to trigger a voucher

Ok so this is something different then?
    A till spit?
    I got one of them only once, for 2.50 I think. I had spent about 50 to get that

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

...then you receive regular spend and save vouchers from the till throughout the year

But you only save when you spend over €50? Am I understanding correctly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

The only ones we ever get are €13 off €120, admittedly we spend more than that a week but how do we get the lower value ones?

• Advertisement

monkeynuz wrote: »
    The only ones we ever get are €13 off €120, admittedly we spend more than that a week but how do we get the lower value ones?

Do as I say above.
    Next time you are in ask for a new card.
    Set up a new account online (using a different email address)
    Add the new card to that account.
    The following day you will have a 10 off 50 voucher available for you on the app for the new card.

What I’ve done is just take a screen shot of that and log back into my main account where I spend it. You do not have to use the new voucher on the new card account.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭alanbk

Seve OB wrote: »
    So a while back I noticed that super value were giving me a 5 off 30 spend in my online account every week. They don’t seem to send them out in the post ad hoc any more, but they are now available every week, online or app.
    But I was not a big super value shopper, just the odd time. Then I started using them a bit.
    Then the 5 off 30 became 5 off 35 :(

Then one day I asked for a new tag. Registered a new account and added the tag. The following day the new account had a spend and save voucher of 10 off 50 available. If you need a few bits, you can set up a few accounts for multiple vouchers, new ones are always available the next day and always 10 off 50.

You can use these vouchers with your existing account for points so no need to pair the voucher up with the new tags. (Chuck them in the bin).

I have not tried to use multiple vouchers at one time as wouldn’t ever be spending that much, but someone else may try and let us know.

Sorry if I’m a bit dim here. When you say a new tag, do you mean a new card ? And do you have to register that in a new app or can you add the new card to you’re existing app ??

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

thanks OP! my spend keeps going higher and higher which is v annoying.

alanbk wrote: »
    Sorry if I’m a bit dim here. When you say a new tag, do you mean a new card ? And do you have to register that in a new app or can you add the new card to you’re existing app ??

Yes new card (tag on your key ring)
    New accounT with different email address

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭you2008

SV 5€ off 35€ is insane, dont no what SV thinking in term of Marketing, like you get 10 off 50 and 5 off 25 from Dunnes, not fund SV is any cheaper anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Actually does anyone know if your deposit on a turkey counts towards the spend and save amount?

In my local Supervalu (SV Celbridge) they hand you your deposit back when you collect the Turkey. So the full amount is paid for at the till.
    The butcher counter doesn't have it's own till.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mackcracknsack

SuperValu is a bit frustrating in this respect. The more you spend the higher the value of your vouchers and required spend is.

As OP and others have said, once you have multiple accounts and just spread the spend over the accounts you will then receive the smaller vouchers. If you do one big weekly shop it may be a little harder / more obvious what you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mackcracknsack

Each time you want to redeem the vouchers on the app you have to logout of one account and log into the other.
    Small bit of a pain at times.
    You can take screenshots of the vouchers and they will redeem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The whole marketing of vouchers is based on average spend, and trying to get people to spend 20%+ more than what they usually do by adding a voucher. So if you spend €100 per week, you will probably be targeted with spend €120/130, so that you are enticed to increase your spend to cover the voucher cost, and the customer gets in the habit of spending that much in the store for their weekly shop. Reducing your average spend means you will get lower vouchers, either by spending less or splitting the shop over different cards. Although I think they may no have 'parent' and 'child' cards to group cards/households/addresses together to feed into the analysis. I did some data analysis work for them years ago, so they are probably 'smarter' with regards to customer behaviour than I am outlining above.

Yes new card (tag on your key ring)
    New accounT with different email address
    Thanks for the answer. If I get a new card do I have to add that card to the app and delete the current card ? If so, I’d lose the points on my main card.

Thanks for the answer. If I get a new card do I have to add that card to the app and delete the current card ? If so, I’d lose the points on my main card.

No.
    sign out of your account on app.
    Register for a new account and add the new card..... must be a different email address.
    Next day voucher becomes available on new account. Screen grab it.
    Sign out of the new account once you have the voucher screen grabbed. Do it at home before you go shopping.
    Sign back in your original account...... go shopping, use the screen grab at the checkout. The vouchers are not tied to a particular account. This way you just accumulate your points on the one card.

No.
    sign out of your account on app.
    Register for a new account and add the new card..... must be a different email address.
    Next day voucher becomes available on new account. Screen grab it.
    Sign out of the new account once you have the voucher screen grabbed. Do it at home before you go shopping.
    Sign back in your original account...... go shopping, use the screen grab at the checkout. The vouchers are not tied to a particular account. This way you just accumulate your points on the one card.

Genius. 🀪🀪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Last year the butcher handed back the €10 to us. This year they didn't take a deposit.

Last year the butcher handed back the €10 to us. This year they didn't take a deposit.

i went up yesterday and placed order. no deposit taken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

it doesnt see to be taking any new registrations today

• Advertisement

duffysfarm wrote: »
    it doesnt see to be taking any new registrations today

i just registered another account there with no problem

Advertisement