Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leonidas outlet gone.

• 13-12-2020 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

Wanted some chocolates as a Christmas present but the old faithful, the Leonidas shop, in the Centre at the top of the escalators is no more.

Pity! Used to love a couple myself, as well as gifting them but I'm not going into Dawson St. in Town specifically for them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Murt10 wrote: »
    Wanted some chocolates as a Christmas present but the old faithful, the Leonidas shop, in the Centre at the top of the escalators is no more.

Pity! Used to love a couple myself, as well as gifting them but I'm not going into Dawson St. in Town specifically for them.

Nooooo, that was one of my jobs for Saturday before I head to my parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Murt10 wrote: »

You can order online!
    https://www.leonidasonline.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Or on the phone if you can't find what you are looking for online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

That's Thorntons and Leonidas both gone from the SC now. I guess Butlers adding the kiosk upstairs as well as their always busy cafe downstairs proved too much of a competition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a Leonidas franchise in Tesco in Maynooth which may be more convenient than Dawson Street for D15; after Friday that is.

• Advertisement

Will either get to town or Blackrock on Thursday depending on where I'm meeting a friend for coffee and a stroll. Thanks so much to the OP for the heads up, would have been very stressful to only discover it in the centre. Online prices v expensive as postage is built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Slight thread hijack here OP, but does anybody know if Beauty Plus threading bar is coming back, or has moved locations? It used to be in the kiosk outside Penneys/KFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Slight thread hijack here OP, but does anybody know if Beauty Plus threading bar is coming back, or has moved locations? It used to be in the kiosk outside Penneys/KFC.

Hi I think they have a kiosk opp Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

glossy wrote: »
    Hi I think they have a kiosk opp Argos.

Thanks for the reply. So is the one inside the centre not returning? That's a shame if so, it seemed pretty busy whenever I passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. So is the one inside the centre not returning? That's a shame if so, it seemed pretty busy whenever I passed.

I'm not sure.
    But I'm 99% sure it is , opp Argos recognise two of the girls when I walked pass the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

glossy wrote: »
    I'm not sure.
    But I'm 99% sure it is , opp Argos recognise two of the girls when I walked pass the other day.

Have Leonidas moved opposite Argos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Have Leonidas moved opposite Argos?

No . The beauty bar has. Although I'm not sure it's the same business. That one outside Argos has been there a long while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

LorelaiG wrote: »
    No . The beauty bar has. Although I'm not sure it's the same business. That one outside Argos has been there a long while.

Talk about drifting off topic, chocolate to cuticles. :D

I ordered some Leonidas online yesterday. Will report back how long they take to arrive.

Also ordered some Butlers to be delivered.

I ordered some Leonidas online yesterday. Will report back how long they take to arrive.

Also ordered some Butlers to be delivered.

I'm getting mine in town tomorrow. The postage built in to the price of the boxes online massively pushes up the prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Didn't realise there were so many chocolate enthusiasts in Dublin 15!!

ongarboy wrote: »

My parents down the country love them :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ongarboy wrote: »

Well it is one of the major food groups! My own personal favourite is Hotel Chocolat. If you haven't tried it, they have shops in Dundrum and Henry Street, well worth a visit. I'd possibly sell my mother for a few bars of their 65% Supermilk. :pac:

Zaph wrote: »
    Well it is one of the major food groups! My own personal favourite is Hotel Chocolat. If you haven't tried it, they have shops in Dundrum and Henry Street, well worth a visit. I'd possibly sell my mother for a few bars of their 65% Supermilk. :pac:

Oooh never heard of Hotel Chocolat. Will need to investigate!

Caranica wrote: »
    I'm getting mine in town tomorrow. The postage built in to the price of the boxes online massively pushes up the prices.

I'm not meeting family this Christmas due to Covid, so they are getting leonidas delivered in lieu of my presence!

• Advertisement

Got a 500g box in town today. €21.50. Same is €30 online

Advertisement