Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre pressure, 151 Skoda Superb?

Options
  • 13-12-2020 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a 151 Skoda Superb greenline estate. I bought it from a car dealership here but it was imported from the UK. Usually it's easy to find the recommended tyre pressure for a car for an expected load with 3 persons and 5 person. It would always be on a sticker located on the pillar on the drivers side.

The sticker is not there on this car. I have searched online to see what is recommended tyre pressure is for that model but it does not seem straight forward.

Can anyone advise what the best way to find this out would be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Hi,

I have a 151 Skoda Superb greenline estate. I bought it from a car dealership here but it was imported from the UK. Usually it's easy to find the recommended tyre pressure for a car for an expected load with 3 persons and 5 person. It would always be on a sticker located on the pillar on the drivers side.

The sticker is not there on this car. I have searched online to see what is recommended tyre pressure is for that model but it does not seem straight forward.

Can anyone advise what the best way to find this out would be?
    I've always put 35psi front and back in my legacy estate and never had issues

Edit: quick Google shows 2.5 bar which is around 36psi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Did it come with a manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SuB-Zero_Ire

For the Octavia its located on the inside of the fuel flap with the ice scrapper.

Purgative wrote: »
    Did it come with a manual?

If it didn't it can be found here https://manual.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com/Models

Also side walls of the tyres can be consulted to get some information like max pressure and load etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it didn't it can be found here https://manual.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com/Models

Also side walls of the tyres can be consulted to get some information like max pressure and load etc.

Why would max pressure of the tyre be relevant to what the OP should have in the tyres for that particular car though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

You'll find the recommended tyre pressures on the inside of the fuel filler flap. That's where they are on my wife's 131.

Hers are the standard 16" wheels. 2.2 bar front and 2.4 bar rear for a lighter load. Surprised that rear pressure is higher as most cars I've owned are the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭the-island-man

For the Octavia its located on the inside of the fuel flap with the ice scrapper.

Thanks. It was located there. Maybe it's because I'm used of Nissan's but I thought the recommended tyre pressure was always on the driver's side pillar.

In my defence the fuel lid seems like an obscure place to locate that information!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thanks. It was located there. Maybe it's because I'm used of Nissan's but I thought the recommended tyre pressure was always on the driver's side pillar.

In my defence the fuel lid seems like an obscure place to locate that information!

Fuel economy Humblebrag....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Buffman

Common enough on the VAG cars, maybe the Germans think we'll notice it while refueling and check our pressures while in the service station?:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

it gives you something to read while refuelling , pure efficient the old germans ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Over a month later and this thread is still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Over a month later and this thread is still going?

I make it four days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I make it four days.

oops...

Advertisement