Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a newspaper delivery service?

Options
  • 13-12-2020 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭

Just want the Sunday paper, those with no delivery charge would be preferable

Tia
    Omt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Just want the Sunday paper, those with no delivery charge would be preferable

Tia
    Omt

Newsdelivery.ie - used them for the last number of years. Very seldom had problems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

uberwolf wrote: »
    Newsdelivery.ie - used them for the last number of years. Very seldom had problems

Do Sunday titles get delivered Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yes.

There's a delivery charge unless you take at least one Irish Times a week as far as I know; but that could have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

I worked in an office some years ago that had papers delivered daily from the local newsagent.
    Chatting to the newsagent one day, he told me he was obliged to deliver paper(s) to anyone who wanted it - part of the conditions of having a newsagents.
    Don't know if that still the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That definitely is not a standard thing, anywhere. Virtually no newsagents delivers and they make so little off newspapers that if they were required to they'd probably just stop selling them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭vafankillar

yeah might have been a thing of the past, but newspapers wouldn't have the pulll of customers it used to at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭caviardreams

L1011 wrote: »
    Yes.

There's a delivery charge unless you take at least one Irish Times a week as far as I know; but that could have changed.

I just get a non Irish Times sunday paper and there's no delivery charge for me, so think it may have changed.

Paper is outside my door when I check for it at 9amish anyway - not sure when ti actually arrives! Super service.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

When you look online with a sub, you realise nothing is worth the price of a paper really anymore.

Advertisement