Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2021 - General Discussion Thread (Read 1st post rules)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Alfa is definitely the best looking livery so far. Nice launch too. Can't wait to see what the final Alpine livery looks like.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

AR looks nice. I like the way the rear drops. Those front wings are mad looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Some pics of the new Alfa:

Alfa-Romeo-C41-Praesentation-Formel-1-2021-169Gallery-105ecfa7-1768284.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-C41-Praesentation-Formel-1-2021-169Gallery-87be2fc0-1768286.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,431 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

They have spent a few tokens on the front end it seems.

Nice looking motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I really doubt it. Particularly after his disastrous return with Williams and being totally outpaced up by a rookie. AR is getting loads of money and all they have to do is give RK a few FP1s and move the car launch to Poland. Job’s a good’ne ad far as they’re concerned
    Alfa and Haas will prop up the field again this year. Having a Ferrari engine may bring benefits but of the entire field both teams driver line up's look the least impressive. Two rookies, an average joe and a very elderly Finn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

chicorytip wrote: »
    Alfa and Haas will prop up the field again this year. Having a Ferrari engine may bring benefits but of the entire field both teams driver line up's look the least impressive. Two rookies, an average joe and a very elderly Finn.

I imagine Williams will probably be last again. It would take a big jump for them to be in regular contention for points.

But I agree with the rest. Their driver lineups are poor. The rookies have potential but two rookies in a team is a weak lineup. Hard to tell how fast they are if you don’t have an established driver as a known quantity in one car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Alfa Romeo looks faster than last years just by looking at the picture! And that's with reduced downforce.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I imagine Williams will probably be last again. It would take a big jump for them to be in regular contention for points

Williams (with a sophomore driver, and a driver in his third year) v Haas (with two rookies, including a driver who's volatile to say the least...)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Don't count your chickens.
    Nobody has any idea how good or bad the Ferrari engine may be.

vectra wrote: »

It can't be as bad as it was last year...can it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

That Alfa is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

It’s almost bound to be more powerful but might not have the reliability at the start.

They’re developing a new engine this year out of necessity rather than free choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭chicorytip

vectra wrote: »
    It will probably be a vast improvement but the (Sauber) chassis will probably not be a vast improvement and therein lies the problem. Same story with Haas. Williams were showing signs of significant improvement last year so could be the best of the also-rans this year.

Ms

It will probably be a vast improvement but the (Sauber) chassis will probably not be a vast improvement and therein lies the problem. Same story with Haas. Williams were showing signs of significant improvement last year so could be the best of the also-rans this year.

Would love to see William's ahead of Haas, and Alfa for a while again. It would be nice to see but I would also like to see them teams improve too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

pjohnson wrote: »
    That Alfa is beautiful.

Alfa is my favourite so far. Red Bull launch 2day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Sorry,
    I mean't that it may be a decent step up in power compared to last year.
    Not sure about the Haas but the Alfa should get a boost up the order if so.

Possibly.
    But again, who knows what else is under the skin on top of the new nose/wing and front suspension.

We talk about the other liveries being the same...

https://twitter.com/Mattzel89/status/1364168907301527552

Removal of Aston Martin, a touch more Honda branding and some of Checo's sponsors seems to be the only changes.

Ms

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Alfa is my favourite so far. Red Bull launch 2day.

Any idea what time and how are they launching it?

Edit: Never mind I see its launched already.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Eu6npzLUYAQshBM?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Advertisement

Eu7UaEaXcAc-jaD?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

At one point last year, I thought Perez was gone. This is great to see.

/image snip/
    At one point last year, I thought Perez was gone. This is great to see.

FWIW, that's the 2019 RB15.

Checo & Max will do a shakedown / filming day with the 2021 RB16B tomorrow. Alex will also be on track in the 2019 RB15. I think I read that Checo will also get a run in a 2018 Toro Rosso?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Planning our first F1 trip for the youngster's 18th late in the year, and currently looking at Monza or the Dutch GP. I've registered on the main site to be let know when tickets are available, but anything else I'd need to know? e.g. would I need to go with a travel agent/broker to guarantee tickets? Any raceday experiences worth doing?

All Covid-willing of course

• Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Pen Rua wrote: »
    We talk about the other liveries being the same...

https://twitter.com/Mattzel89/status/1364168907301527552

Removal of Aston Martin, a touch more Honda branding and some of Checo's sponsors seems to be the only changes.

There is some noticeable changes

Side pods/barge boards

The Honda logo on the engine cover under the rear wing. Looks very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭Harika

Aston Martin and bwt will continue their partnership. Great news and biggest problem they face will be the colour scheme.
    BWT is loyal, pays well and causes no drama. Stroll would be mad to let them go to a competitor.

Harika wrote: »
    Aston Martin and bwt will continue their partnership. Great news and biggest problem they face will be the colour scheme.
    BWT is loyal, pays well and causes no drama. Stroll would be mad to let them go to a competitor.

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/1364577325346664450

Sounds like it will be subtle.

AT-FW.jpg

New nose on the AT. This looks so much better than the weird snouts we have seen in recent years.

Ms

I think a green-pink car would have been cool.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

AMKC wrote: »
    I think a green-pink car would have been cool.

Green down one side, pink on the other, a la BAR 1999? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement