Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2021 - General Discussion Thread (Read 1st post rules)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I suspect Formula 1s TV company, FOM, might have a thing or two to say about that green logo. You know how sometimes there are virtually imposed ad boards on trackside, well imagine what's going to happen to those as the Ferrari drives past them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,542 ✭✭✭✭vectra

The AM would need a fair step up in performance from last year to have as good a chance of a win as Bottas or Max. But If Perez could sneak a win last year (with a lot of luck in terms of Mercedes messing up tyres) then even at the same relative performance, Vettel could sneak a win too. Even Gasley snuck a win in the AT, so most cars could win under the right circumstances.

I would put Vettel on a higher level than both perez and stroll, so I would say he has the ability to more than "sneak" in a win or two. Again I will say pending the performance of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,598 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Vettel and Ricciardo will be the most interesting drivers to see at the start this year and how good the new team suits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,225 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

vectra wrote: »
    I would put Vettel on a higher level than both perez and stroll, so I would say he has the ability to more than "sneak" in a win or two. Again I will say pending the performance of the car.

On historic performance he’s surely ahead of those lads. On recent form there isn’t much in it one way or the other. Depends if he can get the old form back or not.

On historic performance he’s surely ahead of those lads. On recent form there isn’t much in it one way or the other. Depends if he can get the old form back or not.

Like I said, pending car performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,352 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Im liking the Aston Martin car and everything about the team at the minute to be honest.
    Its the team that was Jordan and have retained the doing great things with small money all along.
    They now have a 4 time world champion driver, good funding, a mercedes technical partnership and Aston Martin branding - Its a pretty strong situation they have placed themselves in over a short period from where the last owner was bankrupt. It would appear Laurence Stroll is not a Billionaire for nothing. Buying into Aston, Bringing Aston branding to F1 straight into a strong team and just adding value all around. It all looks like a master stroke. Aston safety car too introduced.
    Hope they can do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,352 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

They are still big sponsors for them.

I actually wrote my thesis in college on subliminal branding in F1.

I wouldnt mind a read of that if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

My season prediction thread will be locked tonight, so if you want to take part, get your predictions in now.

Like I said, pending car performance.

Yeah. And if he reverses the form of the last few years. If he doesn’t then I’d expect there to be little in it between himself and Stroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I see Dive to Survive Season 1 is on Sky Documanteries from Monday the 15th from 7:30pm. I have seen the first season but it was kinda rushed through as was watching it on the Sister and Brother In laws TV while minding there dogs. So ye looking forward to watching it propaply and hopefully Sky will show Season 2 and 3 as well.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

AMKC wrote: »
    I see Dive to Survive Season 1 is on Sky Documanteries from Monday the 15th from 7:30pm. I have seen the first season but it was kinda rushed through as was watching it on the Sister and Brother In laws TV while minding there dogs. So ye looking forward to watching it propaply and hopefully Sky will show Season 2 and 3 as well.

They have the rights to Season 2 AFAIK, but not S3 yet.

Yeah. And if he reverses the form of the last few years. If he doesn’t then I’d expect there to be little in it between himself and Stroll.

I can't see any reason why he won't do well in a car that went relatively well last season that has a much better rear end setup than the Ferraris had, ( not sure how their new setup will work just yet. Which suits his driving style.

I can't see any reason why he won't do well in a car that went relatively well last season that has a much better rear end setup than the Ferraris had, ( not sure how their new setup will work just yet. Which suits his driving style.

Ok. If you’re putting the last two and a half seasons of form down to the Ferrari not suiting him, that’s a bit of a stretch.

Ok. If you’re putting the last two and a half seasons of form down to the Ferrari not suiting him, that’s a bit of a stretch.

Maybe, Maybe not. But as I said to you many weeks ago. None of us know anything for certain until the season progresses.

Maybe, Maybe not. But as I said to you many weeks ago. None of us know anything for certain until the season progresses.

Of course none of us know anything for certain until the season progresses. I was referring to the last two and a half seasons of form. We can’t predict the future but a surely we can draw conclusions from past performance. And the performance level of pretty clear to see since midway through 2018.

If he drives well this year, it would represent a reversal in form. Would you agree to that?

EwQ7Vz7XAAAaktf?format=jpg&name=small

The Williams looks better irl in my opinion.

Seb's helmet will be pink this year, as a result of a deal / ambassador role with BWT.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/vettel-to-race-with-pink-f1-helmet-after-becoming-bwt-ambassador-/5693023/

Kimi-Raeikkoenen-Alfa-Romeo-Test-Formel-1-Bahrain-12-M-rz-2021-bigMobileWideGallery2x-bd1a7cbf-1774670.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭This is it

Green still on the Ferrari. I still don't like it, but it doesn't look as bad on track

This is it wrote: »
    Green still on the Ferrari. I still don't like it, but it doesn't look as bad on track

Your Kermit avatar has a nice shade of green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭This is it

Would look better on the Ferrari

Sebastian-Vettel-Aston-Martin-Test-Formel-1-Bahrain-12-Maerz-2021-bigMobileWideGallery2x-2cdf652b-1774677.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nissany getting a full day of testing, money really does talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Cars running in circles, nothing to learn really.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭barryribs

Interesting to see so many cars running the aero rakes on their cars. Are Red Bull and Alpha Tauri the only cars running it ahead of the sidepods?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Kimi-Raeikkoenen-Alfa-Romeo-Test-Formel-1-Bahrain-12-M-rz-2021-bigMobileWideGallery2x-bd1a7cbf-1774670.jpg

The Alfa is looking lovely a pity the wheels are not white that would really make it stand out. The teams should be allowed to colour there wheels too. The Aston with green wheels maybe, Ferrari with red wheels, Albine with blue wheels and so on.
    Alpha Tauris are white are they?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The cars look awful IMO. They look like they're designed by 5/6 different people who don't communicate and are exclusively responsible for their part.

Of course none of us know anything for certain until the season progresses. I was referring to the last two and a half seasons of form. We can’t predict the future but a surely we can draw conclusions from past performance. And the performance level of pretty clear to see since midway through 2018.

If he drives well this year, it would represent a reversal in form. Would you agree to that?

As I said on numerous posts, opinions are a personal thing. I have mine and you have yours. And of course nobody can predict the future, but time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

OSI wrote: »
    I see Mick is taking "MSC" as his timeboard ID. Very strange to see it appearing on the screen again.

I've never understood that, even in Michael's day. It existed at first to distinguish him from Ralf, but since there's no other Schumacher, why don't they use "SCH"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

STOP THE COUNT!!!!! McLaren topping the time sheets for the morning session.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement